Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My phone has just updated to the latest version of FR24pro. However I've noticed that the map no longer auto rotates but the setting screen does. Any ideas? I also agree with sb101 about the screen obstructions, really noticable on a 4" screen.

Comment

• I just bought the arrival board add on and I can not figure out how to get to it. Please help.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetski22 View Post
        I just bought the arrival board add on and I can not figure out how to get to it. Please help.
        Click an airport blue dot on the map
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Thank you for your quick reply. I would have never thought to look there. Great app but sometimes confusing. Maybe you could tell me how to use the AR view. Thank you.

Comment

• Did a submit issue/problems report as I am getting a lot of issue with latest version. All I have got back is the 'developer have responded...' and that response just says the knot/mph speed issue has been fixed. What about all the other issues? Submitting the issues via the link, for me, is pointless as I cannot track the responses or feedback from others and so i am posting it here. I can't recall it word-for-word but here's an overview of the problems.

Running on Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7" ICS 4.1.1.

Had v3.xx (and would like that back for now!) and that worked fine then u/g to v4.00 which has a lot of issues, the last update fixed only one of these, the knots to mph issue so here are the others:
            1. Rotating the screen restart the app, losing the track/info you had
            2. New Info panel is far too large, where's the mini-info panel gone?
            3. Clicking the Info panel close box or tapping the screen to close it un-selects the current plane - why?
            4. Slow to show current flights on start-up - edit: this seems to have improved in v4.02
            5. Why change the plane to Red when you select it - that was reserved for Squawk, make it green or something else.
            6. Switching from AR View(unreliable at best) also restarts the app.

Would like to see:
            1. A basic distance/ruler (like Google labs ruler have) between two points.
            2. As above but distance from your current location to place being tracked
            3. Small Info panel!

I love this app, it fun and informative but I am sorry to say v4.xx have busted it and it needs a lot of work!

Cheers

Starb

Comment

• Originally posted by Starb7 View Post
              Did a submit issue/problems report as I am getting a lot of issue with latest version. All I have got back is the 'developer have responded...' and that response just says the knot/mph speed issue has been fixed. What about all the other issues? Submitting the issues via the link, for me, is pointless as I cannot track the responses or feedback from others and so i am posting it here. I can't recall it word-for-word but here's an overview of the problems.

Running on Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7" ICS 4.1.1.

Had v3.xx (and would like that back for now!) and that worked fine then u/g to v4.00 which has a lot of issues, the last update fixed only one of these, the knots to mph issue so here are the others:
              1. Rotating the screen restart the app, losing the track/info you had
              2. New Info panel is far too large, where's the mini-info panel gone?
              3. Clicking the Info panel close box or tapping the screen to close it un-selects the current plane - why?
              4. Slow to show current flights on start-up - edit: this seems to have improved in v4.02
              5. Why change the plane to Red when you select it - that was reserved for Squawk, make it green or something else.
              6. Switching from AR View(unreliable at best) also restarts the app.

Would like to see:
              1. A basic distance/ruler (like Google labs ruler have) between two points.
              2. As above but distance from your current location to place being tracked
              3. Small Info panel!

I love this app, it fun and informative but I am sorry to say v4.xx have busted it and it needs a lot of work!

Cheers

Starb
              Thanks for your comments, and sorry to make you disappointed. Before we released this version we have listened to input from hundreds of comments and users. The most common issues was info box covering the aircraft / aircraft area / trail. Another issue was the small buttons (more info / show route) in the info box that was to small and hard to press so you often missed them. We also wanted to have the possibility to add more buttons and that would make the info box that was covering the aircraft even bigger. That is why we have moved the info box away from the aircraft to the bottom on the screen on phones, and beside on tablets. The response so far has been very very positive so there are no bigger design changes planned right now. The only planned change is to add schedule data just like the web page. And finally many people has been asking why there is a difference in design and functionality between the web page and the app. So we have tried to keep about the same design and functionality where possible.

Here are the answers to your questions
              1. Limit with the new API, some information and design needs to be reloaded. And no we will not discuss if this was a good decision to go from API 1 to API 2. The old API was REALLY old and working VERY bad on all never units. It is not an option to keep or go back to API 1. The new API as supported and maintained by Google with new updates and features every month.
              2. Not sure which one you mean. On tablets it's a bit bigger than before but smaller than our web page, and works just like the web page. On phones it's also a bit bigger than before but at the bottom not to cover essential trail information. We wanted the information to be clear and easy to read. And this is the size you get. The difference in size from old info box is not so big. But it's much easier to read. I'm sorry, you have a low resolution unit and we cannot make miracles.
              3. Close means close, so why keep the plane selected if there is no information to show? Same logic as the web page.
              4. There are several processes that needs to take place on launch. We are always trying to optimize the speed of the app.
              5. Red is the color that looks best and we have the same on the web. Most people use terrain map that is often green, so green on green is not so good. Squawk on a flight you are following is extremely unusual so we don't see this as an issue.
              6. We will check this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Thanks for your comments, and sorry to make you disappointed. Before we released this version we have listened to input from hundreds of comments and users. The most common issues was info box covering the aircraft / aircraft area / trail. Another issue was the small buttons (more info / show route) in the info box that was to small and hard to press so you often missed them. We also wanted to have the possibility to add more buttons and that would make the info box that was covering the aircraft even bigger. That is why we have moved the info box away from the aircraft to the bottom on the screen on phones, and beside on tablets. The response so far has been very very positive so there are no bigger design changes planned right now. The only planned change is to add schedule data just like the web page. And finally many people has been asking why there is a difference in design and functionality between the web page and the app. So we have tried to keep about the same design and functionality where possible.

Here are the answers to your questions
                1. Limit with the new API, some information and design needs to be reloaded. And no we will not discuss if this was a good decision to go from API 1 to API 2. The old API was REALLY old and working VERY bad on all never units. It is not an option to keep or go back to API 1. The new API as supported and maintained by Google with new updates and features every month.
                2. Not sure which one you mean. On tablets it's a bit bigger than before but smaller than our web page, and works just like the web page. On phones it's also a bit bigger than before but at the bottom not to cover essential trail information. We wanted the information to be clear and easy to read. And this is the size you get. The difference in size from old info box is not so big. But it's much easier to read. I'm sorry, you have a low resolution unit and we cannot make miracles.
                3. Close means close, so why keep the plane selected if there is no information to show? Same logic as the web page.
                4. There are several processes that needs to take place on launch. We are always trying to optimize the speed of the app.
                5. Red is the color that looks best and we have the same on the web. Most people use terrain map that is often green, so green on green is not so good. Squawk on a flight you are following is extremely unusual so we don't see this as an issue.
                6. We will check this.
                Thanks for the response, here's my feedback:
                1. Not a problem with updating the API but ANY app that needs to restart to change the rotation of the display is either poorly written or is not using the API correctly, Google Maps doesn't restart! What makes it worse is that you don't even go back to the same location that was being viewed. This needs issue needs looking at urgently and is definately a problem with the s/w and implementation!
                2. The old app had a small info panel with a 'more info' panel. On the new system this info panel is not a 'bit' bigger, it takes up nearly half the display! This needs to be smaller, perhaps like the old system with a 'more info' option within it and FYI, the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7 is NOT a low res screen and using this as an excuse is really bad. There is an issue here and I am not the only one to complain - read your feedback! You also say you have moved the Info to the bottom of the screen - can you explain this as my info panel appears to the centre/right of the screen, ie I have no info panel on the bottom of the display.
                3. Close means, close the Info panel, ie I would have liked to be able to still see the current plane selected. FYI, the reason to close this panel is a knock-on effect of the size of the panel! I want to be able to see other planes on the map, like I could on the older 3.xx app!
                4. OK with this, the speed has improved and not really an issue now.
                5. Green was just an example! I am sure you can choose your own colour! Seeing a Red plane implies (as per the old app) that it is Squawk identified plane.
                6. OK, this should only take a few seconds to check but will wait for your response.

As I mentioned, I much prefer (and I am not on my own!) the older version and implementation so where can I get it? I have asked several times but no answer yet! I am sure if you offered this as a download, you would see hundreds (including some of those you questioned) removed the v4 in favor of the v3 app. You also say you did a survey of 'hundreds' of users, considering you have thousands of downloads (how may premium users though?) I would have expected a better implementation in v4.

My gripes and issues are not specific to me, you have a lot of unhappy users with the new version. I would be happy to Copy and Paste these complaints here if you haven't seen them.

I have an older Android device still running the older version and I am much happier with that and to be honest, use that one instead of the newer version.

There's no response on the suggested enhancement - could any of these be implemented, particularly as you are using Googles latest Maps API!

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the response, here's my feedback:
                  1. Not a problem with updating the API but ANY app that needs to restart to change the rotation of the display is either poorly written or is not using the API correctly, Google Maps doesn't restart! What makes it worse is that you don't even go back to the same location that was being viewed. This needs issue needs looking at urgently and is definately a problem with the s/w and implementation!
                  2. The old app had a small info panel with a 'more info' panel. On the new system this info panel is not a 'bit' bigger, it takes up nearly half the display! This needs to be smaller, perhaps like the old system with a 'more info' option within it and FYI, the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7 is NOT a low res screen and using this as an excuse is really bad. There is an issue here and I am not the only one to complain - read your feedback! You also say you have moved the Info to the bottom of the screen - can you explain this as my info panel appears to the centre/right of the screen, ie I have no info panel on the bottom of the display.
                  3. Close means, close the Info panel, ie I would have liked to be able to still see the current plane selected. FYI, the reason to close this panel is a knock-on effect of the size of the panel! I want to be able to see other planes on the map, like I could on the older 3.xx app!
                  4. OK with this, the speed has improved and not really an issue now.
                  5. Green was just an example! I am sure you can choose your own colour! Seeing a Red plane implies (as per the old app) that it is Squawk identified plane.
                  6. OK, this should only take a few seconds to check but will wait for your response.

As I mentioned, I much prefer (and I am not on my own!) the older version and implementation so where can I get it? I have asked several times but no answer yet! I am sure if you offered this as a download, you would see hundreds (including some of those you questioned) removed the v4 in favor of the v3 app. You also say you did a survey of 'hundreds' of users, considering you have thousands of downloads (how may premium users though?) I would have expected a better implementation in v4.

My gripes and issues are not specific to me, you have a lot of unhappy users with the new version. I would be happy to Copy and Paste these complaints here if you haven't seen them.

I have an older Android device still running the older version and I am much happier with that and to be honest, use that one instead of the newer version.

There's no response on the suggested enhancement - could any of these be implemented, particularly as you are using Googles latest Maps API!

Thanks
                  You need to be aware of that there are 2 app designs. One for phones and one for tablets. We implemented the same structure for iOS and it has been appreciated that is why we implemented it on Android as well. The tablet version should work just like iPad and web version. The info box is about the same size that old info box and the same size as iPad. There is not a small box on web page or on iPad, so there is no reason to have an extra step on Android tablets. Of all tablets on the market Tab2 7.0 is the one with lowest resolution (1024x600), so it sure is a low resolution unit.

Users are very happy with the new version and we have never received so much positive response on email, Twitter and Google Play before. There will always be people complaining when you make changes, but in last 24 hours we have received 120 new 5 star, 41 new 4 star and only 3 new 1 star (of which one is a guy who didn't find flight BA780 so he gave the app 1-star) so it sure is a very good rating for the changes we have made.

There is no way to downgrade to old version beside downgrading your Android to 3.x, and Google Play will provide you with old 3.7.1 app version.

Comment

• sorry if this has been covered already, but how do you go to 3D view on the new Android version? I can do it easily on the iPad version, but can't find an option for it on my HTC One.

Comment

You need to be aware of that there are 2 app designs. One for phones and one for tablets. We implemented the same structure for iOS and it has been appreciated that is why we implemented it on Android as well. The tablet version should work just like iPad and web version. The info box is about the same size that old info box and the same size as iPad. There is not a small box on web page or on iPad, so there is no reason to have an extra step on Android tablets. Of all tablets on the market Tab2 7.0 is the one with lowest resolution (1024x600), so it sure is a low resolution unit.

Users are very happy with the new version and we have never received so much positive response on email, Twitter and Google Play before. There will always be people complaining when you make changes, but in last 24 hours we have received 120 new 5 star, 41 new 4 star and only 3 new 1 star (of which one is a guy who didn't find flight BA780 so he gave the app 1-star) so it sure is a very good rating for the changes we have made.

There is no way to downgrade to old version beside downgrading your Android to 3.x, and Google Play will provide you with old 3.7.1 app version.
                      OK,it's clear you intend to do nothing to fix these problems and issues. My tablet, ran the 'old' version just fine and FYI, the new Apple mini is not that much better a display at 1024 x 768 but that's academic as the resolution was never the issue here, it the features you have implemented that are the problem.

A major issue, and one you seem to disturbingly consider as 'standard practice' in that restarting an app to update a screen (sure the iPad doesn't do this?) is not an issue, make me think that there's no point in continuing this thread as its clear you have no intention of fixing the problems and, like it or not, you do have major implementation issues with this update on Android.

Sure you will have some good reviews, no surprise there as it is a very good app and no doubt most of these are PC or Mac based and perhaps not the core/mainstream markets on such as Android and specifically, only from those who bother to leave any feedback at all.

I still like the app and think it is well thought out and hopefully one day, you will accept there are genuine issues in this and so hopefully resolve them.

Finally, I am confused as to why you should think and accept a user must downgrade their OS to accommodate your app? As I have already stated, v3 runs fine on the Tab 2 and so perhaps an option to get this from your website as an apk would be a good idea or does it concern you that many users will simply abort the update and revert to it?

Good luck and thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ilikeflights View Post
                        sorry if this has been covered already, but how do you go to 3D view on the new Android version? I can do it easily on the iPad version, but can't find an option for it on my HTC One.
                        3D view has been 95% ready for 2 months now, but we run into some issues so we postponed it. Our focus has instead been to get uniform design on all iOS and Android devices, as this has been the main issue for many users. We plan to finish 3D project in about 4-5 weeks time.

Comment

OK,it's clear you intend to do nothing to fix these problems and issues. My tablet, ran the 'old' version just fine and FYI, the new Apple mini is not that much better a display at 1024 x 768 but that's academic as the resolution was never the issue here, it the features you have implemented that are the problem.

A major issue, and one you seem to disturbingly consider as 'standard practice' in that restarting an app to update a screen (sure the iPad doesn't do this?) is not an issue, make me think that there's no point in continuing this thread as its clear you have no intention of fixing the problems and, like it or not, you do have major implementation issues with this update on Android.

Sure you will have some good reviews, no surprise there as it is a very good app and no doubt most of these are PC or Mac based and perhaps not the core/mainstream markets on such as Android and specifically, only from those who bother to leave any feedback at all.

I still like the app and think it is well thought out and hopefully one day, you will accept there are genuine issues in this and so hopefully resolve them.

Finally, I am confused as to why you should think and accept a user must downgrade their OS to accommodate your app? As I have already stated, v3 runs fine on the Tab 2 and so perhaps an option to get this from your website as an apk would be a good idea or does it concern you that many users will simply abort the update and revert to it?

Good luck and thanks.
                          As I wrote in first answer, I'm really sorry but we do not intend the make any big changes in the design now, except adding some more features like schedules and 3D view. This is how users wanted it to be, and this is how it will be. You need to own the app to write a comment on Google Play, so all reviews are from Android app users, not from PC, MAC or iOS users. We can only offer what Google Play can offer, and Google Play does not offer downgrading or selecting between 2 versions.

Comment

3D view has been 95% ready for 2 months now, but we run into some issues so we postponed it. Our focus has instead been to get uniform design on all iOS and Android as this has been the main issue for many users. We plan to finish 3D project in about 4-5 weeks time.
                            ok thanks for the feedback.. the new maps API in the latest version has eliminated the constantly reloading map issue the other one had at some zoom levels so that's good.

i am a long time user of another well known flight tracking app and i am a big fan of this one so well done. I especially like the icon pack and the airline logos.

Comment

• I can't see why the map auto rotation can not be reinstated it worked fine on the last version. Most of the traffic I see goes east/west direction so I need the programme to run in landscape rather than portrait otherwise I have to zoom too far out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace2 View Post
                                I can't see why the map auto rotation can not be reinstated it worked fine on the last version. Most of the traffic I see goes east/west direction so I need the programme to run in landscape rather than portrait otherwise I have to zoom too far out.
                                It's a completely new app based on new Google Maps API V2. Previous version was API version V1 so most of the display code had to be completely rewritten. API V1 and V2 does not have much in common beside the name "Google Maps".

Comment

Working...
                                X