Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dump AirNav Radarbox, buy SBS-3 ?

Captain
    Thanks for the pics... well, I suppose.. it works with that!

You and WBGG must overlap somewhere in the middle of the ocean! along as other radars at west malaysia.

That's the LR 1090 from Andy at Munich??? Impressive, given that it's a 'temporary installation'. What cables do you use? Receiver would be your next quest I suspect.
    All the best

Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Thanks for the pics... well, I suppose.. it works with that!

You and WBGG must overlap somewhere in the middle of the ocean! along as other radars at west malaysia.

That's the LR 1090 from Andy at Munich??? Impressive, given that it's a 'temporary installation'. What cables do you use? Receiver would be your next quest I suspect.
    All the best

Yes, LR-1090-N from Andy.

5 metres of Belden 7806A, RF 195, 50 Ohms, useable up to 6 GHz.

Captain
    Definitely looks... big. much bigger than I thought.
    Keep us posted with your findings and when it's installed at it's proper home! will peak into WSSS time to time from my place.
    cheers

Definitely looks... big. much bigger than I thought.
    Keep us posted with your findings and when it's installed at it's proper home! will peak into WSSS time to time from my place.
    cheers
    1st - I must find a way to block out AirNav Systems from STEALING my Flight Data. I just discovered they RESET whatever new settings I inputted in the 3D Popup Window. Sneaky AirNav Pple.

2nd - I plan to get a Mast Head Amplifier to further extend the coverage.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    1st - I must find a way to block out AirNav Systems from STEALING my Flight Data. I just discovered they RESET whatever new settings I inputted in the 3D Popup Window. Sneaky AirNav Pple.

2nd - I plan to get a Mast Head Amplifier to further extend the coverage.
    Re 1: I guess you really have got to change product. I am sure they are getting so much valuable info from you courteously at WSSS. hey, it's WSSS you know. it's a gold mine to them! of coz they will do whatever they can to get into your box!

re 2: Wow. can't believe this. Going for ELAD? Have you got any insight from Andy about this? If say if you change product in the future would this be ?too much gain that might cause damage? Still, this is all very interesting development.

Re 1: I guess you really have got to change product. I am sure they are getting so much valuable info from you courteously at WSSS. hey, it's WSSS you know. it's a gold mine to them! of coz they will do whatever they can to get into your box!

re 2: Wow. can't believe this. Going for ELAD? Have you got any insight from Andy about this? If say if you change product in the future would this be ?too much gain that might cause damage? Still, this is all very interesting development.

1st: I will get my sister to dissemble the V4.04 Upgrade to find out what AirNav Systems did to that ' Equatorial Buy " fix - I suspected they planted Torjan Horses inside. AirNav Systems can send all the emails they want claiming " I hacked into their Software ". I will show them my Centre finger.

2nd: too much gain is NOT bad. I can take over WBGG.

Y'day, I "re-installed the antenna", resetted the Polar Diagram and tracked for 18 hours. See the extended coverage. Eager to install it in the correct location and see the actual coverage.

Look at the pictures and have a good laugh !

IMG-20130116-00658.jpgAirNav RadarBox 3D - 4.04 Shot at 20130116 0435 UTC.jpgoutside 38.jpgoutside 45.jpgoutside 50.jpg

I did send Birdie a PM on another forum asking if he could send me a copy of 4.04 so that it could be "checked" to find out what "Do Not Share" changes have been made.

The offer still stands.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Anmer View Post
    I did send Birdie a PM on another forum asking if he could send me a copy of 4.04 so that it could be "checked" to find out what "Do Not Share" changes have been made.

The offer still stands.
    Hi Anmer,

That email was sent out on 8 Jan 2013 together with the attached file V4.04.

It goes into:info@radarspotting.com

What is your email address ? I will send again tonight when I am back.
    Last edited by Birdie; 2013-01-16 at 09:11. Reason: add email address

Captain
    Birdie,

good luck with that. I do think ppl at AirNav will still have a way to 'reconnect' to your box?! I am glad I am not their customer!

You can use a SBS plotter to give you a more accurate range. here's the link if you are interested
    http://jetvision.de/sbs1.shtml

Yup, that antenna of yours deserve a good 360 degree view at good height. Will you be using T&K brackets for the mast? Let me know if there a place that sells it in Singapore. I'm looking for a 36 inch one, only manage to found 1 from UK at the moment. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    That email was sent out on 8 Jan 2013 together with the attached file V4.04.
    Thanks, just found it in my Spam Trap. I'll report back when I have some news.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005