Dump AirNav Radarbox, buy SBS-3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Re 1: I guess you really have got to change product. I am sure they are getting so much valuable info from you courteously at WSSS. hey, it's WSSS you know. it's a gold mine to them! of coz they will do whatever they can to get into your box!

re 2: Wow. can't believe this. Going for ELAD? Have you got any insight from Andy about this? If say if you change product in the future would this be ?too much gain that might cause damage? Still, this is all very interesting development.

1st: I will get my sister to dissemble the V4.04 Upgrade to find out what AirNav Systems did to that ' Equatorial Buy " fix - I suspected they planted Torjan Horses inside. AirNav Systems can send all the emails they want claiming " I hacked into their Software ". I will show them my Centre finger.

2nd: too much gain is NOT bad. I can take over WBGG.

Y'day, I "re-installed the antenna", resetted the Polar Diagram and tracked for 18 hours. See the extended coverage. Eager to install it in the correct location and see the actual coverage.

Look at the pictures and have a good laugh !

IMG-20130116-00658.jpgAirNav RadarBox 3D - 4.04 Shot at 20130116 0435 UTC.jpgoutside 38.jpgoutside 45.jpgoutside 50.jpg
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

I did send Birdie a PM on another forum asking if he could send me a copy of 4.04 so that it could be "checked" to find out what "Do Not Share" changes have been made.

The offer still stands.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
        I did send Birdie a PM on another forum asking if he could send me a copy of 4.04 so that it could be "checked" to find out what "Do Not Share" changes have been made.

The offer still stands.
        Hi Anmer,

That email was sent out on 8 Jan 2013 together with the attached file V4.04.

It goes into:info@radarspotting.com

What is your email address ? I will send again tonight when I am back.
        Last edited by Birdie; 2013-01-16, 09:11. Reason: add email address
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Birdie,

good luck with that. I do think ppl at AirNav will still have a way to 'reconnect' to your box?! I am glad I am not their customer!

You can use a SBS plotter to give you a more accurate range. here's the link if you are interested

Yup, that antenna of yours deserve a good 360 degree view at good height. Will you be using T&K brackets for the mast? Let me know if there a place that sells it in Singapore. I'm looking for a 36 inch one, only manage to found 1 from UK at the moment. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
            Thanks, just found it in my Spam Trap. I'll report back when I have some news.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Hi Anmer,

It goes into:info@radarspotting.com

What is your email address ? I will send again tonight when I am back.
              please also send it to auairmonitoring@gmail.com

im keen to check it out and test,.

Comment

Birdie,

According to my info the update is 3.27 MB (3,433,147 bytes). It produces a ANRB.exe executable, a bunch of dlls and a data folder. I don't see any scripts, perhaps you have decompiled the executable? Can you point out the "script" you mentioned? ("It have a script to STEAL your flight data even when u un click " Share flight data ")

Thanks,
                Dan.

Compare all plane tracking receivers on one website.

Comment

Strange that the author of this version, AirNav Systems, has kept silent on all the forums where this issue has been posted?

One would think it would be the first to refute the allegation?
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                    Birdie,

According to my info the update is 3.27 MB (3,433,147 bytes). It produces a ANRB.exe executable, a bunch of dlls and a data folder. I don't see any scripts, perhaps you have decompiled the executable? Can you point out the "script" you mentioned? ("It have a script to STEAL your flight data even when u un click " Share flight data ")

Thanks,
                    Hi DanThaMan,

I have not yet get someone to de-compile it. It is 3,353 Kb and dated 10/6/2012. I understand there is a later version.

I have sent AirNav an email to request for the later version - but as usual and anticipated NO Human being bother to reply & they IGNORED me.

Comment

soooooo no one wants to send 4.04 to me?? come on guys, send it thru

Comment

WSSS just spent USD 300 Million upgraded its ATC Systems to the Latest in the Market.

This is the 3rd generations ATC since the airport opened in 1980.

think I should reply here instead of the increase our coverage as it's OT.

ah right.

U or u have friends that work there? or just news u got from the media?

Looking for a good spot for your antenna?

Comment

1st - I must find a way to block out AirNav Systems from STEALING my Flight Data. I just discovered they RESET whatever new settings I inputted in the 3D Popup Window. Sneaky AirNav Pple.

2nd - I plan to get a Mast Head Amplifier to further extend the coverage.
                          re 2: with this http://www.kuhne-electronic.de/en/pr...na-1090-a.html probably... u can't stop laughing when it's set up?

Comment

thats the amp I want, im getting 220nm without amp so i can imagine with one...how much is that amp?

Comment

Originally posted by jaskel View Post
                              thats the amp I want, im getting 220nm without amp so i can imagine with one...how much is that amp?

according to that: pre amp with casing 163 euro + bias T 47 Euro ( i assume you need one ) = 210 euros + shipping. Why not email them for a quote?

Btw, I have no idea about how this pre amp performs apart from paper. Not aware of any reviews of it too. Someone else might be able to share about it.

All the best
                              Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-01-18, 07:21.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                                http://www.kuhne-electronic.de/en/se...pricelist.html

according to that: pre amp with casing 163 euro + bias T 47 Euro ( i assume you need one ) = 210 euros + shipping. Why not email them for a quote?

Btw, I have no idea about how this pre amp performs apart from paper. Not aware of any reviews of it too. Someone else might be able to share about it.

All the best

WiMo give a better deal : Euro 177 ( without VAT ) with shipping.

(Mod: I am not promoting that Company - I am just sharing with others on where to find good deals.)
                                Last edited by Birdie; 2013-01-18, 07:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X