Radar View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Gregg

What sort of traffic do you see using your SBS? Lots or very few?

Comment

• Originally posted by FR24support View Post
      Thanks Gregg

What sort of traffic do you see using your SBS? Lots or very few?
      Generally 20-30 ADS-B equipped aircraft and 10-20 mode-s (occasionally over 60 in total). The list generally comes up on right hand side with my aircraft showing but again, only briefly if at all. I'm running more checks in the morning (very few aircraft now with curfew at SYD (and being very late).

I'm not sure if this is significant but I've just noticed the dialogue box warning of the 4 failed attempts came up even though I hadn't selected the local traffic.

Regards (and confused),
      Gregg
      Last edited by fungus; 2014-05-16, 14:17.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Is there a beginners tutorial or getting started guide for Radar View? I have gotten over the hurdles of using the correct browser and configuring the settings to see my local FR24 host so I am seeing local data. I understand this is supposed to simply be a RADAR view and not a full featured system such as flightradar24 but it just feels like I'm missing something.

Now I'm interested in how to perform basic functions or are there any functions such as adding runways, routes, are there keyboard shortcuts, what are those shortcuts if any?
        For those of you who are expert users, if you sat down at a new browser, what are the customizations that you would do first?
        Does Radar View have any alerting or other features or only what I see in settings and info?

Comment

• Hi all, I hope you can help?

I am a new premium subscriber only, I have no receiver. Still, I believe I ought to be able to load waypoint-, outline- and route-files (the sample UK file loads fine). However, when I try to load any other file (from all I can gather, they're all in valid formats - it's from sites that everyone refers to) - nothing shows up. The BS Parser results in Success: <number of files> - but no matter how I zoom, or view things in my browser (using Chrome), it's just ...dead.

I cannot help but think I'm missing something, but I cannot see anything referred to in any other thread (I might have missed it, if so I apologize).

Have any of you experienced the same behaviour, and if so, were you able to correct it?

I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

/M33AS

Comment

• Hi ya all,
            Did something change with Radarview? I can't add any .wpt or .out files on to the map anymore. It let's me select a file but when I click Upload nothing happens. I had only like 1.5 Mb of space used. Another page appears http://radarview.flightradar24.com/bs-parse.php with the name BS Parser Result and it has one word: SUCCESS 1. But I can't succeed in getting anything on to the map. No files appear on the list in Settings. I then reset everything and now I can't even add the old stuff that I had anymore so my whole map is just black and grey, everything gone. I had a whole lot of waypoints, ats, coastlines and other multi-colored map features so that it really started looking nice and customized. And now, nothing.

Comment

• I have exactly the same problem. Any advice ?

Originally posted by jormakos View Post
              Hi ya all,
              Did something change with Radarview? I can't add any .wpt or .out files on to the map anymore. It let's me select a file but when I click Upload nothing happens. I had only like 1.5 Mb of space used. Another page appears http://radarview.flightradar24.com/bs-parse.php with the name BS Parser Result and it has one word: SUCCESS 1. But I can't succeed in getting anything on to the map. No files appear on the list in Settings. I then reset everything and now I can't even add the old stuff that I had anymore so my whole map is just black and grey, everything gone. I had a whole lot of waypoints, ats, coastlines and other multi-colored map features so that it really started looking nice and customized. And now, nothing.

Comment

• Can you please contact support and attach the files that fail to load?

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
                  Can you please contact support and attach the files that fail to load?
                  I can certainly do that, but I'd have to send you dozens of files. I have taken them from the SBS nav data files. They have worked fine, so I cannot imagine it is the files. I have not changed anything in the files. I cannot even reload the same files back on to the page that I already had there before, working fine. My files were all local, the EFHK, EFRO, ULAA, ULMM, EETN and all the Norway files from the http://jetvision.de/sbs/airac/data/index.php SBS Navigation Data Update files.

Comment

• The only way we can move this forward is by trying to replicate your experience, starting with one outline or waypoint file.

Comment

The only way we can move this forward is by trying to replicate your experience, starting with one outline or waypoint file.
                      I understand. I tried to attach the files here but your system would not accept the wpt or out file types. I'll try to contact support.

Comment

• Send an email to Support@FR24.com and attach one file.

Comment

• Done. Sent one .out and one .wpt file.

Comment

• Thanks,, well, it seems that Chrome has just started ignoring the "target" parameter for FORM element. It works fine under Safari, but when I test it in Chrome it opens in a separate window and therefore breaks the import procedure.

I will need to modify the process, will post an update when it's fixed.

Comment

Send an email to Support@FR24.com and attach one file.
                              You should also instruct your members that it is only possible to use the Support@FR24.com email address from a Google Account, i.e. from a Gmail address. I used my regular email account and my message was returned twice the reason being my address is disabled from a Google Account.
                              I do have a Google Account for other purposes and once I sent the message through Gmail I did get an automated reply so I knew the message had gone through.

Comment

• support@fr24.com of course works from any email address.

Comment

Working...
                                X