Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Radar View

Check Settings-> User data. Have you deleted any .out and .wpt files?

Or were you using the UK Outlines Sample that you'll find under the ? option?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Passenger
    think I pressed uk outlines sample .

Russell

Select it again,
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Passenger
    yeah , tried that but nothing, when I hover mouse pointer over it ,a red circle with a red line through it appears.

Russell

Try refreshing the browser first.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Passenger
    its not happening at the moment mike. thanks for all your help.

Russell

Are you OK now?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Russellfire View Post
    yeah , tried that but nothing, when I hover mouse pointer over it ,a red circle with a red line through it appears.

Russell
    Russell,

Ignore that red circle/red line and select it anyway. Unfortunately radar view is a bit finicky or particular and even the browser you use can affect this. When I setup radarview it does the same thing and I found this method works on IE, Chrome and Firefox browsers. Setting it up as an uploader with your own waypoints and outline files introduces further issues which need a bit of perseverance to overcome and is another topic altogether.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-06-07 at 02:37.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Quote Originally Posted by fungus View Post
    [B]Ignore that red circle/red line and select it anyway.
    It doesn't work if the hover shows a "no entry" sign. The "Add to Map" option is disabled and the UK Outlines don't display.

But if you refresh the browser page, it becomes enabled again. I can easily replicate this behavior.

And adding one's own outlines and waypoints works OK.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Anmer View Post
    It doesn't work if the hover shows a "no entry" sign. The "Add to Map" option is disabled and the UK Outlines don't display.

But if you refresh the browser page, it becomes enabled again. I can easily replicate this behavior.

And adding one's own outlines and waypoints works OK.
    I wouldn't have posted the response if it didn't work. That was my experience. During the past couple of months I've been having an issue with continually being logged off my webpages even though I have had no more than 3 pages or browsers open at one time. I've had support looking into it and their response initially was to clear cache etc. On doing this (on all three browser) I found that all my own data (waypoints and out files etc) needed to be re-entered. Having done this now goodness knows how many times following their advice I noticed that I continually encountered the problem of the 'no entry' sign and ultimately found if it was ignored that it still works. That's across the three browsers I nominated.

Adding my outlines etc was indeed a hassle in that if I didn't start up 'local host' first and added all my files afterwards it would take me back to the original map without my files or in fact anything at all but the blank map on selecting 'local host'. Initially I went around in circles trying to work out a procedure that would work. Again this happened on all three browsers.

As you say, ultimately it works OK, but only if you follow the set procedure, but there's no guidelines to tell you what that procedure is. You may happen to fluke it if the procedure you followed happens to coincide with the correct procedure.

That's probably as clear as mud hence one of the reasons I didn't go into a long winded explanation in my response to Russell. I find radar view very finicky. In fact there are issues right across FR24 if you happen to stumble onto them but anyone who sticks their hand up to notify anyone seems to be ridiculed. I'll go take some migraine meds now!!

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2017-06-07 at 07:37.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]