Radar View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
    Shouldn't you be able to use the private IP address of the box on your home network (don't know). If so you should be able to set IP a reservation so every time the box requests an IP address from the router it gets the same one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    type this in your browser http://192.168.X.X/net-config.php where 192.168.X.X is LAN IP of your FR24 box.
    check "Force static IP" box
    Save
    Now your box will stay on that IP even if you reboot the router.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• I need some help with Radar View. I can access the radar view and click on aircraft to reveal basic flight data. Sometimes I can get it to display a full route trail but this is inconsistent and frustrating. What is the correct way of display an aircraft past route/flight path? Are there any instructions available to use this application?
      F-EGQS1 - FR24 Receiver - located at 57.65N 2.97W

Comment

• Originally posted by awgawg View Post
        I need some help with Radar View. I can access the radar view and click on aircraft to reveal basic flight data. Sometimes I can get it to display a full route trail but this is inconsistent and frustrating. What is the correct way of display an aircraft past route/flight path? Are there any instructions available to use this application?
        The trails you are seeing is the application self drawing a line between the previous selected Aircraft and the newly selected Aircraft. (They are not Flight Paths.)

Radar View is meant to be more like what an Air Traffic Controller would see and is a lot more basic than the web based page.
        Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-02-07, 17:54.
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Thank you Speedbird1960. I have found the distance measuring tool and I have found that selecting an aircraft and leaving it selected that a track trail forms. However, I have seen (intermittently) a full trail going back to the flight origin. It is the latter that I have not been able to consistently display.
          Last edited by awgawg; 2014-02-09, 13:23.
          F-EGQS1 - FR24 Receiver - located at 57.65N 2.97W

Comment

• The farther north (or south) from equator one sees the RadarView display, the more "dragged" the display is. For example, northern Norway looks really strange in the east-west direction as shown on this image:

Screenshot 2014-02-23 13.01.52.jpg

The same can be seen here and the problem is the latitude/longitude aspect ratio center:

Screenshot 2014-02-23 13.02.00.jpg

By changing the aspect ratio center in the preceding picture from a southerly latitude to a more northern one, northern Norway suddenly looks as it should - like this:

Screenshot 2014-02-23 13.02.14.jpg

How can I change the aspect ratio (or whatever the same feature might be called in RadarView)?

Comment

• Worthless Radar View for FR-box Feeders---Opinion

Radar View is a worthless not ready for prime time Premium Product.

If you live in the UK or Western Europe you don't have to drag the map half way around the world to get to your area fighting the rubber bands.

Local Traffic can't be seen due to the 4 Times error. (Can't find your FR24 box.)

In best of times Radar View can't recognize you are feeding. It doesn't know you are logged in and feeding from an F-box. It doesn't retain the coordinates you last viewed.

If you want this to work, like the main FR24 map with different colors with no filters selected, Radar View has to look at a different place than port /30003 on the local host for the FR-box. One size fits all engineering has failed on this product.

John

F-RPVD1

Comment

• Hello. Firstly I am in love with Radar View. However is there a way to show where the aircraft has departed or even going to? Hope you can help

Thanks
                Nevada

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                  Radar View is a worthless not ready for prime time Premium Product.

If you live in the UK or Western Europe you don't have to drag the map half way around the world to get to your area fighting the rubber bands.

Local Traffic can't be seen due to the 4 Times error. (Can't find your FR24 box.)

In best of times Radar View can't recognize you are feeding. It doesn't know you are logged in and feeding from an F-box. It doesn't retain the coordinates you last viewed.

If you want this to work, like the main FR24 map with different colors with no filters selected, Radar View has to look at a different place than port /30003 on the local host for the FR-box. One size fits all engineering has failed on this product.

John

F-RPVD1
                  I agree the radarview is a bit weird to work with. But have you ever thought maybe this is how real radar works? I have no idea myself. I think you only have to set your location once?
                  I never use radarview myself, as aircraft over google maps makes more sense for normal users.

As for the Can't find your FR24 box, this is a new bug recently discovered; http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ing-the-config
                  Can you confirm you have the same issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                    Not so.

As clearly stated on the Premium webpage and advised to all FR24 hosts, RadarView works with Chrome and Safari browsers by setting Localhost to the IP address of the networked FR24 receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR24support View Post
                      Not so.

As clearly stated on the Premium webpage and advised to all FR24 hosts, RadarView works with Chrome and Safari browsers by setting Localhost to the IP address of the networked FR24 receiver.
                      It will be interesting to see what setting localhost to something that is not the true localhost will screw up on other software running on the PC.

Comment

• The default entry of 'localhost' is meant only for Windows Feeding software users, everyone else needs to enter the IP of either the FR24 box or the machine that runs Linux version of the feed.

It is true that the map projection used deforms the world, but this is the price of keeping things simple. I suggest to have a look at google maps and see how Antarctic is bigger than the rest of the world and Greenland is bigger than Australia. There is no fast way to draw the world properly and keep it relatively fast in JS. We will work on improvements and see if we can make an optional projection for those who care about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
                          The default entry of 'localhost' is meant only for Windows Feeding software users, everyone else needs to enter the IP of either the FR24 box or the machine that runs Linux version of the feed.

It is true that the map projection used deforms the world, but this is the price of keeping things simple. I suggest to have a look at google maps and see how Antarctic is bigger than the rest of the world and Greenland is bigger than Australia. There is no fast way to draw the world properly and keep it relatively fast in JS. We will work on improvements and see if we can make an optional projection for those who care about it.
                          .....on the same PC!

I have Windows feeding software but it's running on secondary PC, so i have to enter IP of that PC in radarview
                          For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• That is correct of course, on the same PC.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                              It will be interesting to see what setting localhost to something that is not the true localhost will screw up on other software running on the PC.
                              In this context "Localhost" refers to the name of the RadarView option to set the IP address when necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR24support View Post
                                In this context "Localhost" refers to the name of the RadarView option to set the IP address when necessary.
                                Clicking on the word LocalHost in Orange on the menu is really intuitive, campy but not intuitive.

If your answer had been complete you should have noted this and the non-conformity of a link in orange. Of course you have said that posters in the forum shouldn't expect the same level of support those emailing you receive.

Several have actual technical knowledge beyond reciting a faq.

John

F-RPVD1

Comment

Working...
                                X