Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Radar View

Quote Originally Posted by milair View Post
    Thanks Speedbird1960, but I am NOT seeing any data next to each A/C ?
    On 'Radar View' you will only see the Aircraft data and track when you click on the Aircraft Icon.

The Map would be to cluttered and difficult to read if every Icon had data next to it .
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-06-25 at 15:31.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbird1960 View Post
    On 'Radar View' you will only see the Aircraft data and track when you click on the Aircraft Icon.

The Map would be to cluttered and difficult to read if every Icon had data next to it .
    I don't see the logic - in map view if it gets cluttered then you zoom in to a closer view, Radar View does not reflect the real world radar view as seen by ATC ??
    The link you gave to PlanePlotter gives this info ?
    I'll go back to map view so I can see the callsigns etc of the a/c I'm monitoring on EGLL and EGSS approach and tower frequencies I guess.
    Last edited by milair; 2013-06-25 at 20:01.

Passenger
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by milair View Post
    I don't see the logic - in map view if it gets cluttered then you zoom in to a closer view, Radar View does not reflect the real world radar view as seen by ATC ??
    The link you gave to PlanePlotter gives this info ?
    I'll go back to map view so I can see the callsigns etc of the a/c I'm monitoring on EGLL and EGSS approach and tower frequencies I guess.
    I must agree with milair... I understand that detailed labels should only be available from a certain amount of radarscreen zoom, but I believe that at least the flightID should be visible at any view of radarview!

Best regards,
    Miguel Silva

Passenger
    Hello.

I set up Radarview yesterday and spent quite a lot of time getting the screen configured to my liking by way of importing .out and .wpt files etc. I do have a couple of general comments :

As per the previous two comments,I would suggest that not having the FlightID, (any maybe altitude, squawk etc), visible for all targets on the display really makes it unusable - Users want to see 'at a glance' what is happening in their area - having to roll over each aircraft to identify them isn't workable. I want to have the display running on a screen and to glance at it periodically to see what is happening of interest. 'Real' air traffic radar displays show the target information against all targets (unless filtered).
    I can understand the comment re clutter if a wide area is displayed (e.g the whole of the UK), so perhaps the information could be displayed when the zoom level reaches and area of say 100 square miles and therefore the clutter would be minimal. You could further reduce clutter by allowing the user to filter against traffic above/ below a certain altitude.

Also - when I upload the .out / .wpt files can someone confirm that these are actually saved in the 'cloud' (i.e on FR24's server)? If so, I have a query as to why my configured display only shows on the workstation I set it up on? If I open a session on another workstation then the default display is shown - Do I individually have to configure each workstation ?

Many thanks

Steve

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by EGCB_Steve View Post
    As per the previous two comments,I would suggest that not having the FlightID, (any maybe altitude, squawk etc), visible for all targets on the display really makes it unusable - Users want to see 'at a glance' what is happening in their area - having to roll over each aircraft to identify them isn't workable. I want to have the display running on a screen and to glance at it periodically to see what is happening of interest. 'Real' air traffic radar displays show the target information against all targets (unless filtered).
    Doesn't seem to be any response to our request ????

This option will be added, but in about 3 weeks, it's on the TODO list but it must wait for its turn, sorry.

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by piopawlu View Post
    This option will be added, but in about 3 weeks, it's on the TODO list but it must wait for its turn, sorry.
    Great news, eagerly awaited I'm sure by all.

Passenger
    Great, thanks!

Could you advise re my query about the .wpt and .out files only display on the one workstation at all?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EGCB_Steve View Post
    Could you advise re my query about the .wpt and .out files only display on the one workstation at all?
    Your uploaded files are stored in your local browser not on a FR24 server.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by FR24support View Post
    Your uploaded files are stored in your local browser not on a FR24 server.
    Ahh, ok thanks, that explains things - Are they classed as 'Temporary Internet Files' then, and would clearing the browser's cache mean that I would have to reload the files?
    Thanks for your help.