Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: airnav.com

RadarBoxDown24Hours.com
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    As the disruption exceeds 24 hours I would guess it's some kind of hardware issue.
    Surely a business that claims to have 10,000 RadarBox units streaming realtime flight data from over 100 countries has a Tier 4 data centre?

It's not just RadarBox24.com that's out of service, so too are the servers that support the RadarBox customers and deliver route information, aircraft images and the 3D service. Even the AirNav forum is down.

"IT operations are a crucial aspect of most organizational operations in the western world. One of the main concerns is business continuity; companies rely on their information systems to run their operations. If a system becomes unavailable, company operations may be impaired or stopped completely. It is necessary to provide a reliable infrastructure for IT operations, in order to minimize any chance of disruption. Information security is also a concern, and for this reason a data center has to offer a secure environment which minimizes the chances of a security breach. A data center must therefore keep high standards for assuring the integrity and functionality of its hosted computer environment. This is accomplished through redundancy of both fiber optic cables and power, which includes emergency backup power generation."

Text book basics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_center
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    As the disruption exceeds 24 hours I would guess it's some kind of hardware issue.
    Yeah. On 21 Dec 2012, The Mayans took AirNav RadarBox 3D Data Centre Hardwares away

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Yeah. On 21 Dec 2012, The Mayans took AirNav RadarBox 3D Data Centre Hardwares away

AirNav maybe not always have been 100% correct with their customer communication, but I really suffer with them right now. It's never fun to face extensive hardware failure, and I know from my experience at FR24 that there is a very hard pressure on getting things back online, when there is some kind of server disruption. I can imagine that they are working very hard to get everything up and running again.

In the 1980's I ran dual data centres processing travel sales with up to 30,000 travel agents online. In those days the equivalent of my £200 netbook cost £250,000 and we had thirty of them. We too had outages, from hardware and power failure to the proverbial digger cutting through the comms lines in the street.

But we also invested in as much business continuity that we could afford as every outage meant sales going to a competitor. But the technology has improved immensely both in capability and reliability and costs have plummetted.

I too know what it's like to lose a service and seeing the technical team working hard to get it back online. But AirNav's total product set is 100% dependent on it being online and it should have contingency plans for such an eventuality as this outage. I paid good money for my RadarBox and it's not working as it's supposed to be.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Of course you should invest in hardware if you are running such business. We had a hard disk failure at one of our servers last week, and this didn't affect our service at all.

Hi Mike,

Feel sorry for u suffering with AirNav RadarBox 3D off the air.

Lessons to be learnt by AirNav RadarBox 3D management.

Rule No 1 : NEVER pissed off your customers.

Rule No 2 : When Customers complained, listen to them, not BANNED them for speaking out.

What BETTER time for AirNav RadarBox 3D to suffer total breakdown than now, on 21 Dec 2012 - Mayan's predicted “ end of the world ” -

- proverbal punishments for AirNav RadarBox 3D.

Captain
    [Newer update]

Work continues on server maintenance. A lot of progress is being made. We will keep you informed when we have more news. Your RadarBox24.com will soon become available again.
    https://www.facebook.com/RadarBox24/...59466160848860

--------------------------------------------------------------

[older update]

Unfortunately we are still having maintenance issues with our central flight data server. One of the several HD that powers it crashed earlier today and is still being recovered. The backup servers will not work with this piece of hardware unavailable. It might take a few more hours for the situation to be restored.

RadarBox24.com There has been a major server failure corrective action is underway but it is unlnown at this time when normal service will be resumed

RadarBox24.com Unfortunately we are still having maintenance issues with our central flight data server. One of the several HD that powers it crashed earlier today and is still being recovered. The backup servers will not work with this piece of hardware unavailable. It might take a few more hours for the situation to be restored.

RadarBox24.com Correct, RB24, RB and Network all from the same server which is defective
    https://www.facebook.com/RadarBox24/...59305677531575

----------------

AirNav Systems posted two things on the RadarBox24 Twitter page today.
    https://twitter.com/radarbox24
    https://twitter.com/RadarBox24/statu...23197765124096
    https://twitter.com/RadarBox24/statu...92932493361153
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2012-12-23 at 19:42.

There's been no RadarBox network service since very early on Saturday morning. Nor is the forum available. The only place to get updates is the AirNav Facebook page.

What a surprise.

AirNav has deleted my posts on it's Facebook page and blocked me from posting.

Nothing changes. Maybe it should remember I am a RadarBox owner too!
    Last edited by Anmer; 2012-12-23 at 19:51.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Captain
    [Fun Word Game by romdouk]

Bloody
    RadarBox
    Are
    Not
    Doing
    Anything

Andre Brandao - CEO of AirNav Systems