AirNav banned me in their forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
    Welcome to the "Club" Birdie. Soon there will be more "banned" RadarBox owners than active members on it's forum.

As far as I am concerned AirNav is stealing our data and I'm exploring every possible avenue to get this in front of an appropriate European and US authority. Having the share data automatically set to "On" every time the RadarBox software is started (even though the data owner has expressly chosen not to share) is theft, both of data and bandwidth. That can't be legal.

In the meantime, Dave Reid has produced a utility to always set the data share to "Off".

The download link is here:

http://radarspotting.com/forum/index...33.html#msg133
    That Utility doesn't work.

I am using it and still see my WSSS Data on their www.rb24.com screen.

Looks like Airnav have found a way to overcome that Utility - I am using V4.04 ( they fixed the Equatorial Bugs - where i cant see any Tracked Aircraft )
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
      Try downloading a new copy of RadarBox software and install it again.
      See if that will fix the "Share Flight Data" check box. Once you do reinstall it. It should remember the un-check setting doing that time the software is running. It worked for me long time ago to fix that same problem...
      Do you have the link to the site for V4.04 ?
      F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Try asking AirNav Systems for the updated beta V4.04 version to replace your older version.
        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Try asking AirNav Systems for the updated beta V4.04 version to replace your older version.
          http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.php
          waste of time - don't expect a human being to reply the email.

Comment

Try downloading a new copy of RadarBox software and install it again.
            See if that will fix the "Share Flight Data" check box. Once you do reinstall it. It should remember the un-check setting doing that time the software is running. It worked for me long time ago to fix that same problem...
            WWW.rb24.com is online.

Discovered THAT THIEF is still STEALING my Data despite I unchecked " Share Flight Data ".

Comment

Originally posted by ppgstf View Post
              Can anyone with more computer savvy than me explain how this can happen?

If you select data share off, how can Air Nav glean information coming from your radarbox?

The " Equatorial Bugs " fix has a script that automatically Activate " Share flight Data " when you close the pop-up window.

the pop-up window MISLEAD you to think you can select " Share Flight Data " = OFF.

Maybe I should make a Video on AirNav systems Radarbox 3-D V4.04 Stealing Flight Data and post on YouTube.com for all to see.

Comment

http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.php
                I sent them an emial asking for a copy of the latest updated Beta V4.04 version.

As usual and anticipated, no one reply !

Comment

Originally posted by ppgstf View Post
                  Can anyone with more computer savvy than me explain how this can happen?

If you select data share off, how can Air Nav glean information coming from your radarbox?
                  Hi all,

Not sticking up for anyone here but when I untick share data then all the planes I and tracking solo dissapear, tick it and the re apear.

So it is doing as it is supposed to

share data OFF.jpgsharing data on.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jaskel View Post
                    Hi all,

Not sticking up for anyone here but when I untick share data then all the planes I and tracking solo dissapear, tick it and the re apear.

So it is doing as it is supposed to

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1752[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1753[/ATTACH]
                    Which Version did you use ? If you are using Version 4.03 - its OK But if you use Version 4.04 - they will steal data from you.

Looks like I am not the only person who complained.

Someone pissed off have put a video on YouTube.

AirNav RadarBox 3D Version 4.04 Beta deceived users into believing they can disable the " Share flight Data ".But, AirNav REINSERTED the Share flight Data as...

Comment

yeah 4.03, where is 4.04?? ant find it.

Personally don't see the harm in sharing, spread the joy I say.

But I have to say, the radarbox has been switched off for a while now...slightest static and it pops the SAW Filter.

Need to figure a way to earth it properly without costing too much.

Comment

Originally posted by jaskel View Post
                        yeah 4.03, where is 4.04?? ant find it.

Personally don't see the harm in sharing, spread the joy I say.
                        You want V 4.04 - send an email to those THIEVES in AirNav and they will send you a file " upgrade4.03to4.04 " with a built in script that DECEIVED you into thinking you have Un-checked " Share flight Data ".

PM me and I can send you that file.

When a THIEF stole from you and sell your Data - I hope you will continue to say " Personally don't see the harm of sharing, spread the joy I say ".

When my 1 year Free Network subscription ended and i didn't renew it - AirNav blocked my access to Network Data - but CONTINUED to STEAL Flight Data from my Box.
                        When I complained in AirNav Forum - I got myself BANNED "for trying to create trouble".

Here in Flightradar24, I SHARED my Data for ALL to enjoy !

Comment

AirNav banned me in their forum

Nah I had always shared, I do it to help fellow hobbyists out. I won't bother updating as I don't use it much anyway

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                            Which Version did you use ? If you are using Version 4.03 - its OK But if you use Version 4.04 - they will steal data from you.
                            Looks like I am not the only person who complained.
                            Someone pissed off have put a video on YouTube.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=047px11YPy8
                            Great video "clientangry5" posted. Lot's of AirNav RadarBox and AirNav ShipTrax users are tired of AirNav Systems stealing their data. Hope AirNav Systems will change it in newer version of their software.
                            Thanks for letting us know about it.
                            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Great video "clientangry5" posted. Lot's of AirNav RadarBox and AirNav ShipTrax users are tired of AirNav Systems stealing their data. Hope AirNav Systems will change it in newer version of their software.
                              Thanks for letting us know about it.
                              HOPE is the keyword.

The Question is WHEN ?

By the year 2050 - I HOPE ?

"Clientangry5" sounds really pissed off.

Comment

Birdie, cant seem to PM u...

can anyone with 4.04 send me the file to auairmonitoring@gmail.com please
                                Last edited by jaskel; 2013-01-15, 04:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X