No Radar over Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Radar over Ireland

Just wondering, no aircraft can be seen over Ireland at this time 06.28 GMT.

Mason

I think there are only a small number of feeds from Ireland. I guess there was nobody in Ireland feeding at the time.
    Last edited by Paul; 2010-03-22, 22:56.

Comment

Radar over Ireland

After I posted I did think that was the situation.

Thanks

Mason

Comment

Coverage of Ireland

I am considering buying and setting up the gear to feed this site with radar info...however I have a couple of questions which I would be grateful for some advice on

I am located in Dublin Ireland....If I do a radar feed would I be adding any new additional info to the system,or is this area already well covered by someone else ??

For my own VHF Airband listening I use a well positioned high gain vhf airband Yagi antenna...This is directed West to receive high level traffic going in and out of the Atlantic coast of Ireland..currently this gives coverage up to about 250 miles from my Dublin location ie up to app 13 west
        If I connect this antenna to a radar receiver will it give similar Radar coverage as to what I can listen to today on my vhf radio set up
        All replies will we gratefully read Thanks

Comment

Just noticed at 8.00am
          GMT this morning, still no coverage over Ireland.

Comment

I have sent sharing software to 3 different users on Ireland. If all 3 users are offline, there is no coverage over Ireland.

Comment

Thanks Mike, I love the site, I am located in south Kerry Ireland overlooking Valentia Island and the radio station which serves the north atlantic maritime traffic. My home is situated directly below a major route to and from the US and Europe. I think this would be a good location for a feed as I have clear view of the atlantic. Having only become aware of this site in recent weeks I am now considering installing an ADS-B reciever, is there a particular one you would recommend.

Comment

Good morning all.

I came across by fluke. Have enjoyed using it over the week ends. Using Aor 8600 MK 2 on my desk and looking them on the radar.

Located in Cork, my situation is not as good as noelsouthkerry. My next purchase is a radar system, but not for a few months.

Have sent this site to other friends who are interested.

Mason

Comment

Radar over Ireland

Great to see provider EINN back up again....super coverage out into the Atlantic..keep up the good work... !!!!! ........... you were greatly missed ........... M50 Dublin

Comment

We have a total of six radars that have received software for sharing their data on Ireland. No one is online today.

Comment

Is there a possobility that Radar24 could list the European data providers per their location with an on/off indicator showing the status of each provider...This is very effectively done in the ATC streaming site LIVE ATC....m50

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Have several friends who have an interest. Have given them this site.
                        Mason

Comment

Originally posted by m50 View Post
                          Is there a possobility that Radar24 could list the European data providers per their location with an on/off indicator showing the status of each provider...This is very effectively done in the ATC streaming site LIVE ATC....m50
                          We don't know the location of more than 50% of the receivers. Another problem is the NET2-network that consists of 20-40 unknown users. And the last problem is that we don't know if a receiver is down or if's just not receiving any planes for the moment. So we have no plans for such feature right now.

Comment

Thanks for that. Was wondering how the coverage was so good. It is difficult to keep track. I am enjoying using this site usually at weekends. If all radars are working I like tracking from the the Atlantic to the England listening with my VHF receiver.

As I have said before my next purchase is a Radar Box.

Good Luck

Mason

Comment

Great to see the coverage. Tracking aircraft on VHF over Ireland to and form Europe.

Mason

Comment

Working...
                              X