Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheapest way to feed FR24 / Anyone using RTL-2832u-R820t usb dongle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'Day Radek.
    Congrats on your successful install. Great to see the range you are getting with mini antenna.

Now if only you could install this on the Microwave tower I see in one of your pics - in the middle of the night of course ;-)

Tip:
    I used to have a tripod like that, with my telescope mounted on top. One night one of the legs collapsed, sending my scope crashing on to a concrete / tiled floor, causing considerable damage (to the scope of course!)
    So... BE CAREFUL !

Also:
    If you have any roof space available under the tiles, you could try mounting your PC etc there instead of wrapped in a plastic bag (which will deteriorate in the sun).
    A bargeboard TV mount should work for you. I have 2 of them for my setup (2 different adsb antennas).
    See:http://www.jaycar.com.au/ShowLargeph...20Mount&IMAGE=

Good luck with your project.

Regards, Greg.
    GNS 5890 (German), 2 x DVB-T Dongles (China / USA), Mobile One SAN-1090 external base antenna (Australian), Heliax coax (USA).
    HDSDR, Plane Plotter (full version, but not working), adsbScope, Virtual Radar.

Comment

Hello Greg!

It's tripod from China's telescope
      I already have mounted stones to legs, only tornado can turn it over.
      Antenna mount is good idea, I have a one piece in my garage.
      When I'll get better adbs antenna then I use this mount.

In background you can see BTS tower. Tower is fenced with barbed wire

When I improve the results I'll let you know.

Greetings form Poland
      Radek
      T-LKPD1
      My native language is polish.

Comment

Virtuelradar Server,.

May I remind all using VRS to enter your own location (Lon. Lat.)
        Otherwise from your Link,. It shows South England.
        And not your location.

Happy Hunting David
        (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
        1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Went live today feeding FR24 as NZNV1 using a RTL-SDR FM+DAB DVB-T Dongle Stick RTL2832U+R820T from Noo Elec running RTL1090 software. Dongle connected to PC via a 5m active USB extension allowing placement of the mini antenna supplied with the dongle on my single story roof. First contact was 191nm from my location!!!
          NZNV1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by deconz View Post
            Went live today feeding FR24 as NZNV1 using a RTL-SDR FM+DAB DVB-T Dongle Stick RTL2832U+R820T from Noo Elec running RTL1090 software. Dongle connected to PC via a 5m active USB extension allowing placement of the mini antenna supplied with the dongle on my single story roof. First contact was 191nm from my location!!!
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]1748[/ATTACH]
            Excellent range from a tiny antenna. 191 nm from 'where' ? What town, and are you east or west of the huge pile of rocks ? ;-)
            GNS 5890 (German), 2 x DVB-T Dongles (China / USA), Mobile One SAN-1090 external base antenna (Australian), Heliax coax (USA).
            HDSDR, Plane Plotter (full version, but not working), adsbScope, Virtual Radar.

Comment

Originally posted by GregHudson View Post
              Excellent range from a tiny antenna. 191 nm from 'where' ? What town, and are you east or west of the huge pile of rocks ? ;-)
              Hi Greg

NZNV = IVC = Invercargill, New Zealand

Comment

Is there any all in one solution to using DVB-T dongle and raspberry pifor feeding flightradar ?
                I mean using only that devices without need any another computer.
                I have try using rtl_adsb, but the data can't be used by fr24 feeder app,
                because the data is in AVR format.

Comment

Originally posted by digitizing View Post
                  Is there any all in one solution to using DVB-T dongle and raspberry pifor feeding flightradar ?
                  I mean using only that devices without need any another computer.
                  I have try using rtl_adsb, but the data can't be used by fr24 feeder app,
                  because the data is in AVR format.

Try this:

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

Also in the Thread above you find this post useful:

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.
                  Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-01-18, 02:52.
                  AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                    Try this:

Also in the Thread above you find this post useful:

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post22374
                    but i think the Linux-feeder-software doesn't receive AVR format,
                    only SBS format.
                    or maybe I should request special linux feeder that also decode AVR format ?

Comment

Try gr-air-modes. Not the easiest install.

Gnuradio Mode-S/ADS-B radio. Contribute to bistromath/gr-air-modes development by creating an account on GitHub.

Or Dump1090:

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Hello!

In my opinion rtl_adsb is much better than gr-air-modes, shows more planes,

but dump1090 is much better than rtl_adsb (with some options like --no-fix --enable-agc)

unfortunately dump1090 hangs up my Raspberry 2-3 times in 24 hours...

I still don't have idea idea how to change AVR signal to BaseStation on Raspberry

Greetings from Poland
                        Radek
                        T-LKPD1

Comment

Originally posted by digitizing View Post
                          I read somewhere that the Raspberry PI didn't have enough raw processing power to run RTL1090 software

Found the link ... http://www.hamradioscience.com/build...aring-station/
                          Last edited by deconz; 2013-01-18, 21:59. Reason: found link

Comment

I found solution to transform AVR signal to BaseStation

Just compile and run adsbox - it's client of AVR and server of BaseStation (30003)

Now my Raspberry is all in one!

Site of adsbox:

Last version:

Remeber - to compile it you need last version of sqlite and place it like that:
                            eg.
                            /home/user/sqlite3
                            /home/user/adsbox

next
                            cd to adsbox folder and try make

Originally posted by deconz View Post
                            I read somewhere that the Raspberry PI didn't have enough raw processing power to run RTL1090 software

Found the link ... http://www.hamradioscience.com/build...aring-station/
                            hahaha, good joke

look on my 'top' command on my raspberry with 512 ram:

Best Regards
                            Radek
                            T-LKPD1

Comment

Originally posted by jestemradek View Post
                              hahaha, good joke

look on my 'top' command on my raspberry with 512 ram:

Best Regards
                              Radek
                              It was not intended to be a joke - I was trying to help you as everyone else does on this forum. It saddens me to read that you think otherwise ...

I'm delighted you now have your system operating as you desired. For what it's worth, I was referring to RTL1090.exe and you are running something else!

Comment

Originally posted by jestemradek View Post
                                I found solution to transform AVR signal to BaseStation

Just compile and run adsbox - it's client of AVR and server of BaseStation (30003)

Now my Raspberry is all in one!

Site of adsbox:

Last version:

Remeber - to compile it you need last version of sqlite and place it like that:
                                eg.
                                /home/user/sqlite3
                                /home/user/adsbox

next
                                cd to adsbox folder and try make
                                I like this solution.
                                I'll try it as soon as my rasp pi in my hand.

now I'm still using gr-air-modes with very powerfull PC,
                                but very limited range.

T-WARR2

Comment

Working...
                                X