Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There Documentation Anywhere on "How to Use the Augmented Reality (AR)" Feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There Documentation Anywhere on "How to Use the Augmented Reality (AR)" Feature?

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII phone w/Flightradar24 Pro installed. The AR feature sounds very cool but I can't find any "How To" information on it.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    Bob

Hi.

Look at this page and you will see a 'Spinning Radar' at the top of screen, tap on it and the Camera on your phone will open.

Sorry just realised the Android Phones have a different layout, it looks like its on top left of the menu.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

If the compass does'nt work properly, move the phone in a figure '8' to reset the Gyro.

This post has been moved to the correct part of the Forum.
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-11-15, 17:12.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Your device should have a virtual button that will open a drop down menu within the FR Pro app. There you will find an option "AR". Select it to open the AR feature from within the app. Point the camera at the sky and find an aircraft.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

On the right side of the AR View I have a yellow slide bar w/a label of "124 mi". Moving the slide box does not change this value. Can someone explain the purpose of this bar?

Comment

Originally posted by pilot1187 View Post
          On the right side of the AR View I have a yellow slide bar w/a label of "124 mi". Moving the slide box does not change this value. Can someone explain the purpose of this bar?
          The slide bar adjusts the range of the AR view and, I believe, the label displays the maximum range but doesn't change as the bar is slid.
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I dont see any slide bar or any reference to AR at all.Brand new Galaxy S3 with FR24 PRO installed.Anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by jedthebass View Post
              I dont see any slide bar or any reference to AR at all.Brand new Galaxy S3 with FR24 PRO installed.Anyone help?
              Please see my earlier post about the dropdown menu with AR.
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Thats why I posted.I don't see any 'virtual button' and hence no dropdown menu.Where should it be? Version2.3.4

Comment

I don't have the same device so I'm not sure but try left of the central, bottom button?
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I have come to the conlusion that we need a full 'User Guide' with screenshots for Android and iOS, as these Apps get more features added they are getting difficult to explain the features and menu navigation.
                    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                      I have come to the conlusion that we need a full 'User Guide' with screenshots for Android and iOS, as these Apps get more features added they are getting difficult to explain the features and menu navigation.
                      Whilst I agree in principle, with 1,600 or more Android devices this is an impossible task.

I had to ask my son to help me the other day but between us we only have two devices.
                      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Thats why I posted.I don't see any 'virtual button' and hence no dropdown menu.Where should it be? Version2.3.4
                        On the s3 with the flightradar24 app running press the menu button on the phone (bottom left of screen) & the menu opens up with the top option being AR
                        T-EGCC15

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                          I don't have the same device so I'm not sure but try left of the central, bottom button?
                          I think sometimes that if I actually HAD brains,I'd be dangerous!LOL Found out what you mean,and it's all there.Thanx.

Comment

I think sometimes that if I actually HAD brains,I'd be dangerous!
                            Not at all. How are we supposed to find these "virtual, hidden buttons"?

The Samsung product description doesn't explain it and my son and I spent some time finding it on his Nexus 7.

Glad you found it in the end.
                            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

OK,now what do I do? Point the phone at the aircraft and hope for the best?.........Or is there more to it.Sorry for seeming such a dweeb,but this is new to me

Comment

Working...
                              X