Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Flightradar24 app for Windows 8

Hi all,

We appreciate your feedback through these forums, however at this current point in time Flightradar24 is sticking with the decision to have the app removed from the Windows App store. Please note that this applied to both the Windows Phone App store and the PC/Tablet Windows App store.

Andy725: At this point in time we won't be providing an API for users to independently develop a Windows App. The idea itself is really good, however it would be tremendously difficult to control and manage. In particular I can think an API might be abused in terms of use and this is something we don't want to happen.

Sandy: Unfortunately Flightradar24 isn't authorized to complete refunds of the Windows App purchases. Please contact your relevant Windows App store to see if this is possible for your purchase.

Please also note from my original post, if you've previously purchase the app it'll be connected to your Windows App store account. You still may be able to download and use the app based on the instructions provided in this post.
    Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelan View Post
    Andy725: At this point in time we won't be providing an API for users to independently develop a Windows App. The idea itself is really good, however it would be tremendously difficult to control and manage. In particular I can think an API might be abused in terms of use and this is something we don't want to happen.
    I don't see how developing an API would be difficult to control and manage, bearing in mind there are millions of APIs out there that require user and usage restrictions.
    Bear in mind you already have user accounts, for logging into the web, so why can you not use these user accounts to manage usage limits, access etc.

I would appreciate if you would seriously consider providing, even a simple/basic API for now, that we could test/start to build a Universal Windows App.
    I would assume you already have an API of sorts, for the current andriod and iOS apps, so it shouldn't be too difficult to open up access.

Put it this way, you will get a free windows desktop and phone app built for free by the community, so I don't see the down side of what I propose?

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy725 View Post
    Put it this way, you will get a free windows desktop and phone app built for free by the community, so I don't see the down side of what I propose?
    Windows on Phones is dead, just accept it. Android/iOS will continue to be the owners.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
    Windows on Phones is dead, just accept it. Android/iOS will continue to be the owners.
    Well you probably don't realize that UWP not only covers yes a small portion of Windows phone users, but it also covers over 300 million Windows 10 devices.
    My point is, I don't see why we can't take over from where FR24 don't want to? Its win/win for them.

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy725 View Post
    Well you probably don't realize that UWP not only covers yes a small portion of Windows phone users, but it also covers over 300 million Windows 10 devices.
    My point is, I don't see why we can't take over from where FR24 don't want to? Its win/win for them.
    Because it's a legal thing, they are not open source, hence anything you do has the cause to come and bite them legally.

Don't get me wrong with W10 devices, they just didn't sell like Android/iOS.

The WP Package, while not in the store should be still around via someones backup of the phone.

I would unofficially be seeking that install file, as I doubt it will be returning to the Windows Store.

Apple users do this often when apps are pulled from the store but still work.

Passenger
    Anyway I can even understand that you stop developing the app. Ok market share of windows phones is small. But I don't understand why you can not keep actual version in store? For example Waze aplication is also very old. It is free. Despite of this I can still use it in windows phone 10.

Enjoy the world with one operating system...

Your abandoned customer

I made a mistake. I was realy still able to instal FR24 to my Lumia. Go to Store > My Library > show more > find FR24 > and this is important just click on the arrow on the right. This works. App works OK as usual.
    Last edited by angry.customer; 2016-06-12 at 12:39.

Passenger
    Hey.

How can i restore windows phone 8.1 flightradar24 app - i see it in Store > My Apps > FR24 (not availabble for your device) ???

Passenger
    Another disappointed Windows (both desktop and phone) user. I only found out when I needed to reinstall the app on my Surface. Luckily, I was able to find it in My Library in the store. Getting access to the Windows Premium app was a major reason why I started to feed.

Passenger
    Whether we like it or not we probably have to face that Windows Phone - despite all its qualities - not has been particularly popular with consumers.

That flightradar24 are removed from the Store might be the writing on the wall that Windows Phone will share the fate equal to Betamax - who else is so old that they can remember this video format.

I think and hope that Windows Phone has a future - anyway. We can hope that Microsoft will commit themselves to establish a new platform for Windows Phone so it will get benefit of all those apps that allready has been made for IOS and Android. Microsoft has tried this already - but so far with no succesfull outcome.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by angry.customer View Post
    I made a mistake. I was realy still able to instal FR24 to my Lumia. Go to Store > My Library > show more > find FR24 > and this is important just click on the arrow on the right. This works. App works OK as usual.

Thanks for the tip. Seems to be working fine.
    --
    Ttony