This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightradar24 app for Mac

Flightradar24 is a flight tracking service that makes it possible to track and follow live air traffic from all around the world.

Flightradar24 is also available as an App on Mac App Store for Mac computers.

Here are some features that are available in the Flightradar24 Mac App:
    - View full aircraft info, route info, picture of the aircraft and estimated ETA.
    - View flight trails and callsigns directly on map.
    - Possibility to show airline logos in connection with the aircraft.
    - Aircraft moving in real time.
    - Search for flights (flight numbers, callsigns and registrations).
    - Filters to view flights from just one airline.
    - Support for several tabs/views.

Latest version of Flightradar24 Mac App is 1.9 and was released 2012-10-01. Download Flightradar24 Mac App here: Flightradar24 Mac App on Apple App Store

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

I have previously downloaded Flightradar24 Mac App and have changed computer or deleted the app by mistake, do I need to buy it again?

You can download an app an unlimited number of times if you use the same Apple account that you used to buy the app first time.

I have problems downloading Flightradar24 Mac App, can you help me?

The app is downloaded from Apple App Store, not from Flightradar24, so we cannot affect the download process. If you have problems downloading the app check your Internet connection, restart the computer and try to download again.

After a recent update the app is crashing all the time, what should I do?

Please delete the app, restart your computer and install the app again. This solves 99% of the crash problems!

If you have any other questions or suggestions about Flightradar24 Mac App please use the reply button bellow to post a reply!

If you want to report a problem with the app make sure to write what version of Mac OS you have and what version of the app you are running.

Can i receive squawk alerts on the FR24 Mac app?

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

Aircraft showing on the website, not on apps

This is the second time I noticed this, twice with the same airline (and possibly the same aircraft):

Visible on the website:

But not on the Mac App (nor iPhone):

What could cause this? No filters active, FAA traffic disabled on all devices and the website.

Comment

Thanks for the report. The issue will be addressed with the next Mac release. The iOS did get updated today.
        Last edited by FR24_Dev; 2013-02-05, 14:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Tompompier View Post
          Can i receive squawk alerts on the FR24 Mac app?

Thanks,

Tom
          No, it's not possible.

Comment

Yesterday I found broken picture displayed by my app
            Seen that at two Macs with 10.6.8 and 10.8.2. Deleted and reinstalled app from Apple utility with the same result(
            I also have iOs and Android apps, they work well, but can't use Mac app now.

!UPD! - Now app works flawlessly, thanks)
            Last edited by emii; 2013-02-13, 10:41.

Comment

Just wondering if the Mac App is available for free for Premium users like all the other apps?
              Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Just got the app for Mac OS. Just have a few things to run with you guys.

When zoomed in on Sydney Airport (Australia), it is still showing ground traffic when the option is turned off.

With Aircraft labeling, is there any chance you can make it like the web version and combine Altitude & Speed and To & From.

Also, I don't like the mapping very much, Mapquest etc, why isn't Google Maps used like the other Apps?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Comment

Flightradar24 version 1.9.2 Mac

Hi,

I updated to the latest version of Flightradar24 from the Mac App store.

I am running Mac OS X 10.7.5.

The application is no longer working for me since I updated.

I removed the Flightradar24 entirely and re downloaded it from the Mac App Store but got the same problem.

THE PROBLEM:

When I click on an aircraft it displays a popup but no picture for the plane. In the previous versions clicking anywhere on the map where there where no aircrafts would make the popup disappear, this is not the case anymore. Further more if I click on several planes in turn only the information from the First plane gets displayed. Informations in the popup are frozen, i.e. lat, long, speed...etc are not updated and other aircrafts on the map freeze.

I have also noticed that clicking on an airport does not show the arrival popup.

Has anybody else got this problem.

Regards.
                  Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-03-23, 12:36. Reason: This Post has been moved to the correct thread. Speedbird

Comment

Bug fix

Users with OS X version 10.7 or lower might experience issues with the latest Mac Flightradar24 app update.
                    Here is a fix for the issue.

Use this version until the next update in app store.

Comment

Map caching

Is there any way I can force the app to reload all map tiles? In some map views I have blank areas and in others I seem to have a mix of styles. It seems like the app is happy it already has them in a cache as they never reload.

Comment

Originally posted by zkarj View Post
                        Is there any way I can force the app to reload all map tiles? In some map views I have blank areas and in others I seem to have a mix of styles. It seems like the app is happy it already has them in a cache as they never reload.
                        Well, the tile loading is part of a 3'rd party library, and I'm not in control of the drawing. It might work if delete the app, and download it again (free of charge of course, if you download it with the same itunes account). If the tiles still aren't working, let me know, and we take it from there.

/Artur

Comment

Mac OS X
                          Following a recent update I am only getting altitude in feet. All other data is in metric. I have set filters and also reset Safari a few times. I only want to see MPH speed and miles. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Beauford View Post
                            Mac OS X
                            Following a recent update I am only getting altitude in feet. All other data is in metric. I have set filters and also reset Safari a few times. I only want to see MPH speed and miles. Any ideas?
                            I did a new install today and am using the default settings I am getting the altitude in feet followed by metres (see screenshot) on the right sidebar.
                            Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 17.47.01.png

The hover over plane info is in feet.I don't see any setting to change this.
                            Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 17.54.31.png

I am using the latest version 1.9
                            Last edited by DanTheMan; 2013-03-25, 17:56.
                            Dan.

Compare all plane tracking receivers on one website.

Comment

I get the hover in feet OK but haven't got km followed by (MPH). as per your screen shot - just km. Perhaps it will sort it if I re-install. Thanks for your interest.

Comment

Working...
                              X