Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 231

Thread: Hong Kong Radar

  1. #201
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    20
    No I think I might have misunderstood, I just added the -mlat option on dump1090, but after further investigation, it is a lot more complicated. Hmm... maybe i can get a radarcape from flightradar? Would be nice

  2. #202
    Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Borneo aka Sabah
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by jb_bak View Post
    No I think I might have misunderstood, I just added the -mlat option on dump1090, but after further investigation, it is a lot more complicated. Hmm... maybe i can get a radarcape from flightradar? Would be nice
    HK's terrain make it difficult for good signal reception - though why not, you should send in an application to host their FR24 kit. No guarantee you will hear back from them though.

  3. #203
    Purser
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    T-VHST9
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    HK's terrain make it difficult for good signal reception - though why not, you should send in an application to host their FR24 kit. No guarantee you will hear back from them though.
    I have applied twice for my home same location in 2013, 2015, but all cases got no reply after filling step one doc sheet...
    Maybe they think my location has many natural barriers like hills but they don't know I am one of the feeder which can provide good unique coverage for Hong Kong South...

    Further more, I just lost contact with manufacturer of Flightfeeder 5 months already. I have email the situation to CEO once I can connect Flightfeeder to Router using Wifi Dongle by own DIY in March, but no reply, no follow up, no replacement schedule...
    I think they have already given up my location as VHHH has good coverage and adequate feeders in Flightaware already...
    Last edited by Dundee; 2015-06-21 at 06:18.
    T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
    (24/7)

  4. #204
    Purser
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    T-VHST9
    Posts
    101
    All stations,

    Radar code of mine will be changed from T-VHHH19 to T-VHST9 due to my participation of "Beta test new Flightradar24 MLAT software for Raspberry Pi".

    Please pay attention!
    T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
    (24/7)

  5. #205
    Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Borneo aka Sabah
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    All stations,

    Radar code of mine will be changed from T-VHHH19 to T-VHST9 due to my participation of "Beta test new Flightradar24 MLAT software for Raspberry Pi".

    Please pay attention!
    So have you replaced your antenna Dundee or still using the same one from FA?

  6. #206
    Purser
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    T-VHST9
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    So have you replaced your antenna Dundee or still using the same one from FA?
    I just still use the FA one as GPS antenna is not required during the test...
    But I don't know whether the MLAT data is compatible with FR24 Format as I just use the Flightfeeder port 30005 PlanePlotter Format as source of data...
    T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
    (24/7)

  7. #207
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I just still use the FA one as GPS antenna is not required during the test...
    But I don't know whether the MLAT data is compatible with FR24 Format as I just use the Flightfeeder port 30005 PlanePlotter Format as source of data...
    Hmm... I guess i'll update too thanks!

  8. #208
    Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Borneo aka Sabah
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I just still use the FA one as GPS antenna is not required during the test...
    But I don't know whether the MLAT data is compatible with FR24 Format as I just use the Flightfeeder port 30005 PlanePlotter Format as source of data...
    Strange.. did we get an email about a reply in this thread? but nothing new is posted here.

    Anywho hope in the future Dundee you saved enough to get a collinear antenna or... microtony can make you one of those dipole type.

  9. #209
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    20
    Well Hong Kong is so mountainous, that directional probably is what most need? No need to buy one, I made one very cheaply that works great using this link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328260

    T-VHHH55
    bobsaget.mooo.com:8080

  10. #210
    Purser
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    T-VHST9
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Strange.. did we get an email about a reply in this thread? but nothing new is posted here.

    Anywho hope in the future Dundee you saved enough to get a collinear antenna or... microtony can make you one of those dipole type.
    Someone from Singapore replied a wrong post in here instead of Singapore Radar Forum a few hours ago...

    Quote Originally Posted by jb_bak View Post
    Well Hong Kong is so mountainous, that directional probably is what most need? No need to buy one, I made one very cheaply that works great using this link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328260

    T-VHHH55
    bobsaget.mooo.com:8080
    Ya, my antenna bs1105 got from FA so far so good...
    Although I paste much amalgamating tape to each connections of the antenna, cable, it just get a poor performance when raining dogs and cats a few days, everything fine after sunshine...
    Another factor of my antenna is too long cable given by FA, I request a shorter one to FA and they said OK at first, but so far no reply, no follow up, no replacement schedule as #203...
    Last edited by Dundee; 2015-07-09 at 13:19.
    T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
    (24/7)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •