Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong Radar

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by F-VHHH4 View Post
    Anyone think antenna array is possible for 1090Mhz ?
    If yes, how to do that ?
    I thought they were set up to be directional - usually not what is needed (unless you count a vertical array like a collinear)

Passenger
    360 degree Yagi array is it possible ?

Captain
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yagi-Uda_antenna article starts A Yagi-Uda antenna, commonly known simply as a Yagi antenna, is a directional antenna consisting of multiple parallel dipole elements in a line

Unless you face a special requirement - you are better off with some sort of collinear (conventional, franklin, etc)
    Last edited by peterhr; 2014-10-15 at 06:58.

Passenger
    I finally got my Rpi running...the previous USB power source seems to be the culprit...although it says output is 2A

T-VHHH33 is still from PC though...Rpi is currently running PiAware...

Thanks to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    Hi, did you connect the HDMI first to your tv/monitor (powered) before powering up the RPi?
    Else could you try another HDMI cable and/or another power supply? (were you using the same power supply when it works elsewhere?)
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    I plugged eveything together, powered on the Pi then did source selection in the TV to find it (having not paid any real attention to which socket it was in)

Purser
    Hi all,

T-VHHH19 will be live again starting today!

It's disappointed that the manufacturer of FlightFeeder have not been arranged any replacement since August 2014, I don't know why CEO of manufacturer just apologize to me many times but without any action over half year.

I need to DIY the Flightfeeder in order to make it work again.

PLease leave a message in case you have any enquiries of my radar.

Thanks!
    T-VHST9: http://vhst9.hopto.org/
    (24/7)

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Hi all,

T-VHHH19 will be live again starting today!
    Welcome back!

Just for my curiosity, what went wrong? Hardware problem?

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by royng View Post
    Welcome back!

Just for my curiosity, what went wrong? Hardware problem?
    The Ethernet chip of Flightfeeder (RPi part)is out of order, they said they will replace a new one to me soon but no action over half year,拖字訣...and even don't reply my email in last 2 months...
    So I just bought a wifi dongle from Taobao, insert to flightfeeder and modify linux network config file, thus flightfeeder can connect to Internet again!
    (24/7)

Captain
    The Ethernet chip of Flightfeeder (RPi part)is out of order, they said they will replace a new one to me soon but no action over half year,拖字訣...and even don't reply my email in last 2 months...
    So I just bought a wifi dongle from Taobao, insert to flightfeeder and modify linux network config file, thus flightfeeder can connect to Internet again!
    Hi Dundee,

long time no hear from you and I have been wondering what you been up to since your radar went offline a long while ago. Glad you managed to fixed the problem and quite a shame how they handled your situation really. You know, I think microtony could have helped too but good that you have sorted the matter out yourself. I noticed microtony has written some programme for air band listening via R820T dongle too, multiple channels. I believe he is using that to feed VHHH for liveatc now. I haven't listen to it yet though.

Purser
    It seems the performance of my BS-1105 antenna is downgrade today because of moist weather condition in Hong Kong, coverage only 150 nm. One of the reason is that I didn't have a regular check of antenna during half year.

So what should I do in order to avoid poor performance with moist weather?
    (24/7)

Purser
    It seems the performance of my BS-1105 antenna is downgrade today because of moist weather condition in Hong Kong, coverage only 150 nm. One of the reason is that I didn't have a regular check of antenna during half year.

So what should I do in order to avoid poor performance with moist weather?
    - Check antenna connections if they are weather proof and sealed.
    - Pray for better weather?