Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong Radar

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by microtony View Post
    I forgot to add.. I also used an amplifier... the amplifier is powered by USB
    Microtony you DIY your amplifier is it? How did you make it? If you don't mind can you show us a pic of it too? Perhaps I can try and make one...
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-06-07 at 07:34.

Passenger
    No I bought it for around $80 (US$10).
    I tried to find the exact thing online but to no vail
    2014-06-07 21.52.11b.jpg

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by microtony View Post
    No I bought it for around $80 (US$10).
    I tried to find the exact thing online but to no vail
    2014-06-07 21.52.11b.jpg
    Ok no worries... looks like a wide band antenna. but seems to help you for 1090mhz too.

Passenger
    Sorry I was very busy in the past month and so can only catch up now.

Sadly TV and monitors in my home don't display the Rpi via HDMI port (the Rpi is fine at other places)....I will work on this but may be later (life still very hectic)...so meanwhile the PC continues uploading

Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    There is a few choices of software to run for ARM computers now to decode adsb data. It is:

1) dump1090 - guide available at this link: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24 Peterhr is the guru in this.
    2) decodeadsb by John Carroll - work is ongoing to upgrade the software to run on debian instead of angstrom for Beagle bone platform. Supports Odroid U3 for high traffic areas. Link: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post40171
    3) modesdeco by sergsero - google and you will find where to get it.
    4) FR24's own decoder software in BETA test.

Most popular without doubt is dump1090. Method 1 is for RTL-SDR 820T dongles. Method 2 supports mode s beast and the dongles. Method 3 I am not entirely sure, definitely dongle but I think also can run on beast.

By the way Dundee how is decodeadsb working for you at VHHH?

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by royng View Post
    Sorry I was very busy in the past month and so can only catch up now.

Sadly TV and monitors in my home don't display the Rpi via HDMI port (the Rpi is fine at other places)....I will work on this but may be later (life still very hectic)...so meanwhile the PC continues uploading
    There is an analogue port too - you just need a cord with two RCA phono plus on it to use that

(I've not tried it to see how well it works - but it's there)

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    There is an analogue port too - you just need a cord with two RCA phono plus on it to use that

(I've not tried it to see how well it works - but it's there)
    Thanks for the suggestion! I am not yet giving the HDMI port up!

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by royng View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion! I am not yet giving the HDMI port up!
    Hi, did you connect the HDMI first to your tv/monitor (powered) before powering up the RPi?
    Else could you try another HDMI cable and/or another power supply? (were you using the same power supply when it works elsewhere?)
    Last edited by who; 2014-07-04 at 12:00.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    Hi, did you connect the HDMI first to your tv/monitor (powered) before powering up the RPi?
    Else could you try another HDMI cable and/or another power supply? (were you using the same power supply when it works elsewhere?)
    I plugged eveything together, powered on the Pi then did source selection in the TV to find it (having not paid any real attention to which socket it was in)

Passenger
    I would like to know if I want to get myself a new antenna for better coverage, I should target for the range of the TV signal or 1090mzh?

Thanks

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by VHHH29 View Post
    I would like to know if I want to get myself a new antenna for better coverage, I should target for the range of the TV signal or 1090mzh?

Thanks
    Definitely get an antenna tuned to 1090Mhz - TV antennas are just wrong for this

Have a look at http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...1-best-antenna on how to make your own (don't be afraid to ask what you would need for where you need to put the antenna)