Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 231

Thread: Hong Kong Radar

  1. #31
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by ghklee View Post
    Seems we need a radar in Macau or Zhuhai to cover the black-hole ?
    I noticed today that the very good Macau VMMC1 radar has not been online.
    This Macau VMMC1 radar really does help in regards to tracking Hong Kong Airport traffic over the sea between Macau and Hong Kong Airport.
    If their is anybody in the Zhuhai area who is able to provide a 24hr feed to Flightradar24? i am happy to donate my AirNav Radarbox to further enhance Hong Kong airport traffic coverage.

  2. #32
    Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Borneo aka Sabah
    Posts
    1,217
    Let's hope someone picks up the offer. Or if anyone know's someone who is staying there and in good location for ADS-B please let aircraftenthisiast know!!

  3. #33
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    75
    Good to see the VMMC1 radar back online. This radar really does help with the Hong Kong aircraft traffic over the sea between Macau and Hong Kong Airport.
    Just need somebody in the Zhuhai area to take up my offer regarding 24hr radar feed to Flightradar24.
    Hong Kong will hopefully then be well covered over the sea between Macau, Zhuhai and Airport.

  4. #34
    Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Borneo aka Sabah
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    It's great to see my radar appeared here. Just doing a test in this few days and see that my coverage is bit large at about 50-70 nm, especially can cover some blind spot when plane was approaching in Runway 25L/R, VHHH.
    But my equipment is just a R820T Dongle and a UHF TV antenna on the roof.
    If I can get a good antenna or even a FR24 receiver, the coverage can be increased to the south eastern part of Hong Kong or even South China Sea.
    Quoted from New Feeder Spotted. Hope you see this, dundee.

    Yes, investing in a good antenna and cable is important and will give you better range.

    You can always refer to the the 'Technical Matters (Hardware)' for reference for antenna and cable. For antennas in general is either you make one yourself or buy one. up to you. For cables, keep it as short as possible and also factor in whether you need to bend you cable a lot as thicker cables are less flexible. A nice cable would be Westflex W103.

    It would be great if you can increase coverage for the SE part of HK/South China Sea. Give a shot in applying for the free FR24 receiver, why not? Good luck.

    On another note, F-VMMC1 sure is down a while now...
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-09-02 at 12:21.

  5. #35
    Purser
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    T-VHST9
    Posts
    101
    Just applying for FR24 receiver a few days ago, hope that good news will be happened.

  6. #36
    Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Borneo aka Sabah
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Just applying for FR24 receiver a few days ago, hope that good news will be happened.
    Good luck. should have heard something by FR24 by now? If it is a no there is a reply normally about 24 hours or a bit more.

  7. #37
    Purser
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    T-VHST9
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Good luck. should have heard something by FR24 by now? If it is a no there is a reply normally about 24 hours or a bit more.
    I afraid that the admin cannot receive my apply so did it again with a more elaboration yesterday, hope that good news will be happened.

  8. #38
    Purser
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    T-VHST9
    Posts
    101
    Just do an adjustment to let my UHF TV antenna face south, the coverage can be increased to 150 nm in some places.

    As my UHF TV antenna is not omnidirectional and also need placing horizontal (as the TV transmitter in my area using horizontal polarization), so the performance of receiving ads-b signal is not the best...

    I just do searching on the net for about ads-b antenna but the price is a bit expensive or making DIY antenna is quite complicated.

  9. #39
    Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Borneo aka Sabah
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Just do an adjustment to let my UHF TV antenna face south, the coverage can be increased to 150 nm in some places.

    As my UHF TV antenna is not omnidirectional and also need placing horizontal (as the TV transmitter in my area using horizontal polarization), so the performance of receiving ads-b signal is not the best...

    I just do searching on the net for about ads-b antenna but the price is a bit expensive or making DIY antenna is quite complicated.
    Yes, ADS-B antenna aren't generally cheap. I thought you are waiting for FR24's reply about your application?
    For antennas, if you don't mind you can have a look at http://www.taylormaderf.co.uk/page13...t-34/store.php . GBPs + shipping so yeah not cheap.

    Have a look at the technical matters side of the forum to have a look at DIY omnis. good luck.

  10. #40
    Purser
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    T-VHST9
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Yes, ADS-B antenna aren't generally cheap. I thought you are waiting for FR24's reply about your application?
    For antennas, if you don't mind you can have a look at http://www.taylormaderf.co.uk/page13...t-34/store.php . GBPs + shipping so yeah not cheap.

    Have a look at the technical matters side of the forum to have a look at DIY omnis. good luck.
    Ya. Mike just sent a email to confirm my application was received a few days ago and maybe in progress?
    It's not cheap for buying antenna in fact...
    For example,It just cost me 8 USD to buy DVB-T in Hong Kong but it just cost 10-20 USD in US/Europe...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •