Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 707

Thread: Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

  1. #611
    Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dudley area, UK
    Posts
    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by manojpjoseph View Post
    Dear friend

    I am facing the same problem? Did u get a solution for this problem? I also downloaded Dump1090 but I cannot find 'data.json' in the directory. And do u know how to configure the config file?
    Please share

    Regards

    Manoj
    I'm not sure what your platform is but if you look at the pdff available from post #8 here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24

    you should get some clues as to what to do.

    Note: when you have downloaded and 'made' dump1050, you have to cd to the directory where the executable is before you run it for the web page to work.

  2. #612
    First officer
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    T-YBBN30
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Amper View Post
    As many time said here.....that info on fr24 page is NOT RELEVANT! Only relevant info about your feed is on your premium page and radarview.
    Page CANNOT show all radars feeding one or more planes.
    There is room only for one radar.
    If it's not yours it doesn't mean you don't feed.
    Radarview's "localhost" - which can be changed to an IP on your network ONLY WORKS with windows feeder software, it does NOT work with linux feeder, it even clearly states this.

    and as per my other post with screenshots, which premium claimed was "online" clearly not all data is used by all "online" hosts (something many have known for sometime)

  3. #613
    Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dudley area, UK
    Posts
    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus1971 View Post
    Just got my instructions from PlaneFinder for my RPi B - but if you say it eats CPU then maybe I'll hold off and feed through the windows software like I'm currently doing. Are you feeding from an RPi B or a B+. I was going to get a B+ and try it but not sure if it would help on the CPU side. I'm not convinced on this NodeJS thing either.

    Does PiAware play well with Dump1090 (Malcolm Robb's fork) - I was reading that it need another piece of software sitting in between dump1090 and the PiAware software.

    Thanks
    PiAware plays nicely withMalcolmRobb Dump1090.

    They do have their own fork of dump1090 that presents data in a different formant on another port, if you are using dump1090 then and extra module is brought in to act as interpreter.

    On my feeder dump1090 uses about 60% of CPU, fr24feed 10-15%, the flightaware feeder + support task about 4% between them.

    The early planeFinder feeder needed a NodeJS environment to support it (this is a bit of a monster). NodeJS + their feeder.

    If trying - I would save an image of the working SD card before installing NodeJs, etc (use the sd card imager program you used to put the Linux image on the card originally)
    - then if you don't like it you can revert back easily.

    I think FlightAware chose a great toolset (tcl?) to build thier feeder - it's certainly light on the hardware.

  4. #614
    Administrator piopawlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    Will you be discontinuing the use of the dump1090 based feeder this thread uses?

    Can the new feeder connect to dump1090?
    - I found the answer to that one ...

    Can the new feeder present data to other software in the same way that dump1090 does?
    The answer probably is Why should it?

    The reason I'm asking this question is - can the new feeder be used alongside other feeders, or will you force people to choose to only feed FR24, or only the other tracking companies?
    You will be able to use it side by side. FR24Feeder will connect to dump1090 on RAW data port 30002, but it will decode the Mode-S itself. We are not planning on making any restrictions on who you share your own data on your own hardware with. In fact due to licensing issues it will require dump1090 or compatible utility to be present.

  5. #615
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3
    hello i have feeded for fr24 in my pc but i buy a raspberrypi b+ but i need a tutorial to install it in my rasp. burn and put the image file in sdcard in know but the config in rasp i dont anderstand any help? please
    fr24 LPPR11 seeder

  6. #616
    Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dudley area, UK
    Posts
    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroportugal View Post
    hello i have feeded for fr24 in my pc but i buy a raspberrypi b+ but i need a tutorial to install it in my rasp. burn and put the image file in sdcard in know but the config in rasp i dont anderstand any help? please
    see post #8 in this thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24

  7. #617
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thanks peterhr can i feed for fr24 and flightaware on the same time?
    fr24 LPPR11 seeder

  8. #618
    Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dudley area, UK
    Posts
    1,410
    yes - do make sure your dump1090 is up to date though

  9. #619
    Passenger
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    EGPD
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    yes - do make sure your dump1090 is up to date though
    Hi

    I've got a build from last week for my Pi, and Malcolm Robbs dump1090 fork and everything was working fine until I decided to feed to Flight Aware with PiAware this morning.

    Everything seems ok. FR24 logs says its sending a/c to the server and I have seen my Feed on the Fr24 world feed. Flight Aware stats are showing I'm feeding there also.

    What has stopped is the updates on my FR24 statistics page. Even though I am feeding a/c and positions (according to the logs) and they are showing (stats says I'm online and seen ~5mins), my main graph stats and aircraft positions reported
    stats have stopped updating.

    The stats say I went offline at 10:01 this morning (its now 10:57) and that's when my PiAware went live (ish) - It was actually about 3-4 mins before that.

    So, has the stats page broken or is PiAware affecting what seem to be a working connection?


    Thanks

  10. #620
    Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dudley area, UK
    Posts
    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus1971 View Post
    Hi

    I've got a build from last week for my Pi, and Malcolm Robbs dump1090 fork and everything was working fine until I decided to feed to Flight Aware with PiAware this morning.

    Everything seems ok. FR24 logs says its sending a/c to the server and I have seen my Feed on the Fr24 world feed. Flight Aware stats are showing I'm feeding there also.

    What has stopped is the updates on my FR24 statistics page. Even though I am feeding a/c and positions (according to the logs) and they are showing (stats says I'm online and seen ~5mins), my main graph stats and aircraft positions reported
    stats have stopped updating.

    The stats say I went offline at 10:01 this morning (its now 10:57) and that's when my PiAware went live (ish) - It was actually about 3-4 mins before that.

    So, has the stats page broken or is PiAware affecting what seem to be a working connection?


    Thanks
    FR24 stats seem to go vanisf for 20 minutes before and after any periods when you are offline.

    If this is a new Pi, make sure you are using version 241 feeder or later (the earlier ones don't update stats)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •