Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Passenger
    Can we get an ARM HF version ?
    I am waiting for my SDR to use with my RK3066 based device (RicoMagic 802 III, Mk808 etc), which is ARM-hf.

Alternative for me would be my NAS (Synology DS-209). Guess this is arm-le
    Processor : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
    CPU architecture: 5TE

Passenger
    i could not connect with my compiled fr24 v 225s to feed.flightradar24.com
    "errno: 111
    ERROR
    [e]Could not retrieve configuration from Flightradar24"
    ???

solved:
    export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20
    Last edited by LOWL1; 2013-03-07 at 18:47.

Passenger

Shared experience...

Some info to share re my experiences in setting up a feed via a RPi:

What now seems to be a fairly standard setup: An RPi (original 256MB) running Wheezy, dump1090 and fr24 feed software.
    My hardware is a DVB-T RTL2832U stick with a WSM-225 Airband Mobile Whip, connected to a powered Dynamode H40 4-port mains powered hub (this hub works fine on the RPi - not all do).
    This setup is in my loft and runs headless so no need for a pc, however to monitor what's happening and display output I connect the RPi ethernet port to a wifi Range Extender on my network - I originally used a wifi dongle but found connection was not brilliant causing data corruption/disconnects. Also using wifi precludes the need for cabling and subsequent signal losses even if low-loss cable is used.

Now what seems to be very critical is the selection of the router wifi channel. Using inSSIDer on a pc I can see around 10 networks using various channels however selecting a router wifi channel to use a mostly unused channel isn't necessarily the best option for good connection to the Range Extender or dongle if you use one. This may be due to wifi interference from dect phone, wireless tv sound bar, wireless camera, bluetooth, video sender, microwave oven to name a few normally in use. So I suggest playing around with the router wifi channel(s) until you get the best connection.

This worked for me - sorry no guarantees

Some images:

adsbscope.jpgfr24linuxrpi.jpgkna.jpgvrs.jpg
    Last edited by spforums; 2013-03-09 at 14:18.

Passenger
    Is it possible to have the feeder compiled for MIPS/uclibc/openwrt ? (especially for the TP LINK 703N - MIPS 24Kc)
    Or better to have the source code to allow anyone to port it....

I used to run it on my Raspberry Pi but the TP Link routers are cheaper, smaller but powerful enough to decode ADS-B frames (that works, tested), like that I can use my RPI for something else

Specs : http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr703n
    Toolchain : http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapsho...9.33.2.tar.bz2

thx !
    Last edited by shazz; 2013-03-11 at 19:02.

Passenger
    Yes, could use it on most routers. WNDR3700 etc.
    Issue with the smallest APs is memory.

Passenger
    Currently, my ADS-B decoder runs quite well on the tp-link (32 MB of RAM) so would be nice to add the fr24 feeder which should not have a huge footprint I guess...

Passenger
    With some changes in the code, I was able compile and run dump1090 on Mac OS X 10.8.3. The problem is that the rtl-sdr does not recognize the microADSB connected to the USB port on the Mac. How to fix this problem?

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroFelipe View Post
    With some changes in the code, I was able compile and run dump1090 on Mac OS X 10.8.3. The problem is that the rtl-sdr does not recognize the microADSB connected to the USB port on the Mac. How to fix this problem?
    I thought that dump1090 only works with sticks that are supported by SDR like DVB-T RTL2832U.

For microADSB use adsbox: http://diseqc.org.ua/projects/hard/adsb/index.html /use google translate....). Latest version is http://diseqc.org.ua/projects/hard/a...0130224.tar.gz .
    This works very well on linux. I would suspect that you can compile it on OSX too (as the Apple guys took a lot code from the Unix world.....).
    Last edited by whz; 2013-03-17 at 18:03.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by roofer View Post
    I noticed the dynamically linked version of fr24feed_arm-le_225 did not get my Lat/Long correctly.
    The statically linked version does, and reports it correctly as it starts up, but I think it is getting these values from FR24, not
    from my local environment, so perhaps this does not matter.
    This is the same for me on my Raspberry Pi. Static version shows Lat/Long correctly. Other version does not. My findings are that without Lat/Long showing correctly FR24 does accept my feed, but no planes are shown in flightradar24.com. This works for the static version.

@Mike: Please add a note to your message #1 that Raspberry Pi users should use the static version.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by whz View Post
    I thought that dump1090 only works with sticks that are supported by SDR like DVB-T RTL2832U.

For microADSB use adsbox: http://diseqc.org.ua/projects/hard/adsb/index.html /use google translate....). Latest version is http://diseqc.org.ua/projects/hard/a...0130224.tar.gz .
    This works very well on linux. I would suspect that you can compile it on OSX too.
    Okay, I didn't know that. I'll try to compile and run adsbox here on OS X. Thank you!