Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
    I used the standard dump1090 - the --net pareter enables the map display on http://ipaddress:8080

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I believe he wants the radar coverage outline on the map display.

Comment

• Originally posted by Six6siX View Post
      Hi yes it is dump1090 helper sorry.. You need to move all the files in dump1090-helper/dump1090 folder and replace gmap.html which resides in your dump1090 executable directory.
      That is what I tried, but it doesn't work. There are some other directories in dumper-helper:

Code:
      drwxr-xr-x 2     4096 Mär 28 12:45 ClientSide
      drwxr-xr-x 4     4096 Mär 28 12:45 data
      drwxr-xr-x 3     4096 Mär 28 12:45 dump1090
      drwxr-xr-x 5     4096 Mär 28 12:45 static
      drwxr-xr-x 3     4096 Mär 28 12:45 templates
      -rw-r--r-- 1      158 Mär 28 12:45 appengine_config.py.fubar
      -rw-r--r-- 1      865 Mär 28 12:45 app.yaml
      -rw-r--r-- 1     1366 Mär 28 12:45 base.py
      -rw-r--r-- 1 17630870 Mär 28 12:45 basestation.csv
      -rw-r--r-- 1        5 Mär 28 12:45 cron.yaml
      -rw-r--r-- 1     2506 Mär 28 12:45 datastore.py
      -rw-r--r-- 1     1150 Mär 28 12:45 favicon.ico
      -rw-r--r-- 1      193 Mär 28 12:45 index.yaml
      -rw-r--r-- 1     1447 Mär 28 12:45 main.py
      -rw-r--r-- 1    28887 Mär 28 12:45 plane.py
      -rw-r--r-- 1    10729 Mär 28 12:45 planes.py
      -rw-r--r-- 1       72 Mär 28 12:45 README.md
      -rw-r--r-- 1      364 Mär 28 12:45 update_schema_handler.py
      -rw-r--r-- 1     2401 Mär 28 12:45 update_schema.py
      Where do I have to place those files?

And in config.js I think I have to configure the following setting:

Code:
      // --------------------------------------------------------
      //
      // This file is to configure the configurable settings.
      // Load this file before script.js file at gmap.html.
      //

// -- JSON-feed -------------------------------------------
      CONST_JSON = '/dump1090/data.json'; // Default '/dump1090/data.json'

I cannot find data.json on my system. As far as I understand it, this is the data produced by dump1090, but how do I produce this file? I run dump1090 with the following parameters:

Code:
      ./dump1090  --interactive  --net  --net-beast --interactive-rows 60 --aggressive --enable-agc
      Is there something missing? I am confused, so any help is appreciated!
      Feeder T-EDDN26

Comment

• Originally posted by sesom View Post
        That is what I tried, but it doesn't work. There are some other directories in dumper-helper:

Code:
        drwxr-xr-x 2     4096 Mär 28 12:45 ClientSide
        drwxr-xr-x 4     4096 Mär 28 12:45 data
        drwxr-xr-x 3     4096 Mär 28 12:45 dump1090
        drwxr-xr-x 5     4096 Mär 28 12:45 static
        drwxr-xr-x 3     4096 Mär 28 12:45 templates
        -rw-r--r-- 1      158 Mär 28 12:45 appengine_config.py.fubar
        -rw-r--r-- 1      865 Mär 28 12:45 app.yaml
        -rw-r--r-- 1     1366 Mär 28 12:45 base.py
        -rw-r--r-- 1 17630870 Mär 28 12:45 basestation.csv
        -rw-r--r-- 1        5 Mär 28 12:45 cron.yaml
        -rw-r--r-- 1     2506 Mär 28 12:45 datastore.py
        -rw-r--r-- 1     1150 Mär 28 12:45 favicon.ico
        -rw-r--r-- 1      193 Mär 28 12:45 index.yaml
        -rw-r--r-- 1     1447 Mär 28 12:45 main.py
        -rw-r--r-- 1    28887 Mär 28 12:45 plane.py
        -rw-r--r-- 1    10729 Mär 28 12:45 planes.py
        -rw-r--r-- 1       72 Mär 28 12:45 README.md
        -rw-r--r-- 1      364 Mär 28 12:45 update_schema_handler.py
        -rw-r--r-- 1     2401 Mär 28 12:45 update_schema.py
        Where do I have to place those files?

And in config.js I think I have to configure the following setting:

Code:
        //
        // This file is to configure the configurable settings.
        // Load this file before script.js file at gmap.html.
        //

// -- JSON-feed -------------------------------------------
        CONST_JSON = '/dump1090/data.json'; // Default '/dump1090/data.json'

I cannot find data.json on my system. As far as I understand it, this is the data produced by dump1090, but how do I produce this file? I run dump1090 with the following parameters:

Code:
        ./dump1090  --interactive  --net  --net-beast --interactive-rows 60 --aggressive --enable-agc
        Is there something missing? I am confused, so any help is appreciated!
        I think you may have copied the wrong folder. Inside dump1090helper there is another dump1090 folder. It's the contents of this folder you need to copy over.

There are a bunch of files that need editing such as your coordinates etc. I'm away from my computer at the moment will reply when I can. Good luck

Comment

• Guys, I need your help!

I get very reasonable results with the little crap antenna that was included in my DVB-T stick mounted on the rooflight (outside), dump1090 receives between 15 and 30 planes and feeds them properly to FR24. I received planes from 245 nm away, in average the limit is at around 150 nm. Today I received an adapter to connect my scanner antenna (BNC) to the stick and now I receive 1 or 2 planes at maximum. The antenna works fine when I use it on my scanner, but gives extremely poor results on the stick.

I tested the antenna with the stick with rtl_fm, a program to receive am/fm-radio and I can hear ATIS from EDDN airport loud and clear (EDDN is 11 kilometers away on the other end of the city). So the stick-antenna-combinations seems to work. But with dump1090 I get nearly nothing.

Is it possible that the signal is too strong for dump1090? I played a little bit with --gain and --enable-agc, but without any improvement.

Any ideas?
          Feeder T-EDDN26

Comment

Guys, I need your help!

I get very reasonable results with the little crap antenna that was included in my DVB-T stick mounted on the rooflight (outside), dump1090 receives between 15 and 30 planes and feeds them properly to FR24. I received planes from 245 nm away, in average the limit is at around 150 nm. Today I received an adapter to connect my scanner antenna (BNC) to the stick and now I receive 1 or 2 planes at maximum. The antenna works fine when I use it on my scanner, but gives extremely poor results on the stick.

I tested the antenna with the stick with rtl_fm, a program to receive am/fm-radio and I can hear ATIS from EDDN airport loud and clear (EDDN is 11 kilometers away on the other end of the city). So the stick-antenna-combinations seems to work. But with dump1090 I get nearly nothing.

Is it possible that the signal is too strong for dump1090? I played a little bit with --gain and --enable-agc, but without any improvement.

Any ideas?
            antenna tuning? (or rather not tuned to 1090 MHz)

Try making a coaxial collinear - try 4 elements to start with, see http://www.balarad.net/

- tape it to a stick of bamboo or something else non-metallic to support it while you test ... see what happens.

Comment

antenna tuning? (or rather not tuned to 1090 MHz)

Try making a coaxial collinear ...
              Of course I tuned to 1090 MHz and no, I don't want to make an antenna, I have a very good antenna, that does not work with dump1090.
              Feeder T-EDDN26

Comment

• Sorry for responding!

Comment

• that antenna is not for 1090Mhz and peterhr is correct. You can blame dump 1090
                  For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Maybe I did not write that clear enough. It is an external antenna for scanners with a range of 25 to 2000 MHz, when I is it on my hand-scanner and tune to 1090 MHz I can even hear the typical noise of a data transmission. This is how the antenna looks like:

213HG6SFYSL.jpg

This antenna should provide a much better reception than the crap 1$-antenna that came with the USB-stick.
                    Feeder T-EDDN26

Comment

• Antenna with range from 25-2000Mhz cannot be perfect at all frequencies in that range. That antenna receive 1090, but signal quality is not good enough like one peter suggested to you has.
                      That is UHF/VHF antenna.
                      Dongle antenna is made for freq. closer to 1090Mhz then that one.
                      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• There is NO way an ant can cover that range, this looks more like an ornamental paperweight !!!
                        At best you will probably get a gain of around -20db at 1090Mhz and that will be swamped by all the random signals that this ornament picks up!
                        there is a good reason why people use TUNED antennae’s for reception, they give good gain at the required frequency and good rejection of everything else (some people also use narrow band filters to remove things like cellphone pickup).
                        If you are even half serious about ADS-B reception then you need to build or buy a proper antennae.
                        FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
                          If you are even half serious about ADS-B reception then you need to build or buy a proper antennae.
                          Thanks for the clear words. I already read a lot about building an antenna on http://www.balarad.net/ and I will build one after my vacation. I'll be in Japan for the next weeks and in the moment priority #1 is to get everything running stable on a Raspberry Pi.
                          Feeder T-EDDN26

Comment

Thanks for the clear words. I already read a lot about building an antenna on http://www.balarad.net/ and I will build one after my vacation. I'll be in Japan for the next weeks and in the moment priority #1 is to get everything running stable on a Raspberry Pi.
                            There is a youtube on this - once it's built mount it up temporarily, there is discussion in the 'best antenna' thread about how many elements to make it and how to finish the top (1/4 wave whip, shorted, and so on). The temporary mount will enable you to take it down and to tweak it before sealing it into a tube of some sort.

One thing you will need is an adaptor to match the dongle MCX socket to whatever you are doing with the antenna.

Comment

There is a youtube on this - once it's built mount it up temporarily, there is discussion in the 'best antenna' thread about how many elements to make it and how to finish the top (1/4 wave whip, shorted, and so on). The temporary mount will enable you to take it down and to tweak it before sealing it into a tube of some sort.
                              Don't forget though that any type of tube or other enclosure will alter the tuning, so you will need to adjust it with the tube in place (removing it each time to make the adjustment, then replacing it to check it's tuning)
                              Also ensure that the tube you use is suitable, different mineral fillers used in the plastic tubes can make some useless, a colleague of mine who is researching antennae design has found reports that black plastic pipes are NOT suitable but most white or grey ones should be.
                              FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
                                Don't forget though that any type of tube or other enclosure will alter the tuning, so you will need to adjust it with the tube in place (removing it each time to make the adjustment, then replacing it to check it's tuning)
                                Also ensure that the tube you use is suitable, different mineral fillers used in the plastic tubes can make some useless, a colleague of mine who is researching antennae design has found reports that black plastic pipes are NOT suitable but most white or grey ones should be.
                                The tuning issue with no real way to test it - and the hassle of putting the mast up and down and up again is the reason that I bought the Bulgarian Collinear (see the link in my footer) .

Comment

Working...
                                X