Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spforums View Post
    gidi...thanks, I had already tried that but no joy.

jestemradek...thanks, used your code but isn't working yet..checking my setup.
    Couldn't get the script to run however as suggested, but used some of the code after installing 'screen' module...

Revised code I used in rc.local (I'm using a different port):

#!/bin/bash
    screen -S dump1090 -d -m /usr/local/bin/dump1090 --net --enable-agc --net-sbs-port 30000
    sleep 30
    screen -S fr24 -d -m /usr/local/bin/fr24feed_arm-le_225s --fr24key=**************** --bs-port=30000
    So, many thanks

Stu
    Last edited by spforums; 2013-02-11, 23:41.

Comment

• any news about a built in decoder for the linux feeder???
      i am still looking for a solution to feed with my raspberrypi and SBS-3, connected via IP, without BS.

Comment

• Just try adsbox. It's make signal BS on tcp/ip port from raw tcp/ip.

Regards
        Radek
        T-LKPD1
        My native language is polish.

Comment

• from raw but not from decrypted on port 10001

Comment

• I switched to a new Raspberry Pi, and adsbox is working fine. When connecting the FR24 feeder software I get:

[i]FR24Feed v225 - built on Oct 8 2012/09:38:58
            [i]Downloading configuration...OK
            [i]Parsing configuration...OK
            [c]Interval: 5s
            [c]Latitude: 51.1500
            [c]Longitude: 3.2330
            [c]GND: YES
            [c]NonADSB: YES
            [i]Source defined as Basestation
            [n]EBOS5@83.XXX.XXX.XX:8099/UDP
            [n]connecting
            [b]connecting to localhost:30003
            [n]connected
            [n]switching to UDP
            [n]working

And then nothing for 20 seconds, then:

[n]ping
            [n]ping
            [e]Could not connect to BS
            [i]waiting 5 seconds
            [i]Source defined as Basestation
            [b]connecting to localhost:30003
            [n]ping

Keeps going like this.
            Last edited by Zorba; 2013-02-16, 22:20.

Comment

• A couple of suggestions - any chance of the linux feed software output lines to have a date/time stamp prefix? This would be interesting to analyse peak/troughs in traffic. Also show 'Network [0.0MB/0.0MB]' accumulation on a per line basis same as the pc feed software? Thanks.

Comment

• A new version of adsbox should be available soon
                Last edited by Zorba; 2013-02-24, 12:22.

Comment

• Hello,

I'm new here and have a question about the feedersoftware.
                  My Setup is a RTL2832U USB Stick on a Raspberry Pi.
                  Decodersoft is dump1090, all it works.
                  If I start the feedersoftware all looks fine exept my location (latitude 0.0000 longitude 0.0000).
                  Parameter set on start has no effect.
                  How can I fix this?

many thanks.
                  socatatb20

Comment

• Sorry , fixed!
                    I use the static linked version now!

Comment

• A few points:

I noticed the dynamically linked version of fr24feed_arm-le_225 did not get my Lat/Long correctly.
                      The statically linked version does, and reports it correctly as it starts up, but I think it is getting these values from FR24, not
                      from my local environment, so perhaps this does not matter.

I need
                      Code:
                      FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20
                      export  FR24AUTHIP
                      before starting the feed with
                      Code:
                      ./fr24feed_arm-le_225s   --fr24key=MY_SHARING_KEY   >  /dev/null  &
                      If you do not redirect the output of fr24feed* to /dev/null and you are using screen
                      to detach the feeding process, you will eventually end up with a massive logfile of the output screen is saving for you
                      and this may crash your server.

My setup: An RPi, , running raspian with rtl-sdr and dump1090. The ADS-B receiver is a Realtek Semiconductor
                      Corp. RTL2838 DVB-T USB stick with a homebuilt 1090MHz antenna, in, but hopefully soon to be on, the roof.

dump1090 uses only about 40%cpu to track 40 planes, and displays all the traffic it can see at http://RPi:8080
                      (plotted on google maps, sadly, when OpenStreetMap would be a better idea)

My thanks to all the contributors to this thread, this has been a lot of fun!

Comment

• Can we get an ARM HF version ?
                        I am waiting for my SDR to use with my RK3066 based device (RicoMagic 802 III, Mk808 etc), which is ARM-hf.

Alternative for me would be my NAS (Synology DS-209). Guess this is arm-le
                        Processor : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
                        CPU architecture: 5TE

Comment

• i could not connect with my compiled fr24 v 225s to feed.flightradar24.com
                          "errno: 111
                          ERROR
                          [e]Could not retrieve configuration from Flightradar24"
                          ???

solved:
                          export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20
                          Last edited by LOWL1; 2013-03-07, 18:47.

Comment

• Shared experience...

Some info to share re my experiences in setting up a feed via a RPi:

What now seems to be a fairly standard setup: An RPi (original 256MB) running Wheezy, dump1090 and fr24 feed software.
                            My hardware is a DVB-T RTL2832U stick with a WSM-225 Airband Mobile Whip, connected to a powered Dynamode H40 4-port mains powered hub (this hub works fine on the RPi - not all do).
                            This setup is in my loft and runs headless so no need for a pc, however to monitor what's happening and display output I connect the RPi ethernet port to a wifi Range Extender on my network - I originally used a wifi dongle but found connection was not brilliant causing data corruption/disconnects. Also using wifi precludes the need for cabling and subsequent signal losses even if low-loss cable is used.

Now what seems to be very critical is the selection of the router wifi channel. Using inSSIDer on a pc I can see around 10 networks using various channels however selecting a router wifi channel to use a mostly unused channel isn't necessarily the best option for good connection to the Range Extender or dongle if you use one. This may be due to wifi interference from dect phone, wireless tv sound bar, wireless camera, bluetooth, video sender, microwave oven to name a few normally in use. So I suggest playing around with the router wifi channel(s) until you get the best connection.

This worked for me - sorry no guarantees

Some images:

adsbscope.jpgfr24linuxrpi.jpgkna.jpgvrs.jpg
                            Last edited by spforums; 2013-03-09, 14:18.

Comment

• Is it possible to have the feeder compiled for MIPS/uclibc/openwrt ? (especially for the TP LINK 703N - MIPS 24Kc)
                              Or better to have the source code to allow anyone to port it....

I used to run it on my Raspberry Pi but the TP Link routers are cheaper, smaller but powerful enough to decode ADS-B frames (that works, tested), like that I can use my RPI for something else

Specs : http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr703n
                              Toolchain : http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapsho...9.33.2.tar.bz2

thx !
                              Last edited by shazz; 2013-03-11, 19:02.

Comment

• Yes, could use it on most routers. WNDR3700 etc.
                                Issue with the smallest APs is memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X