Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are some incompatibilities between math unit of the RPi CPU and what we use for building the feeder. I will prepare a RPi build tomorrow, should solve both the segfault and the registration issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
      I will prepare a RPi build tomorrow.
      Thanks a lot!

Comment

• There's now a new build called ARM-RPi available in the first post, it should solve both registration and crashing issue. If it doesn't, please let me know.

Comment

There's now a new build called ARM-RPi available in the first post, it should solve both registration and crashing issue. If it doesn't, please let me know.
          Does it make a difference that there is no 's' build specifically for Pi?

Comment

• I will add it when we have problems it was compiled on a RPi running Raspbian which I think is the most common version anyway so there should be no conflicts.

Comment

There's now a new build called ARM-RPi available
              Thank you, I can now enter lat/long. However, after taking a sample it fails due to a time diff. I wonder if this is related to the same problem.

Code:
              [b]connecting to localhost:30003
              [b]connected
              [i]00:00 - Connected to the data feed
              [b]working
              [e]Data feed time difference too big abs( - )=33420
              [e]00:01 - It appears you are using too old version of Basestation which produces 5 min delayed data. Please upgrade Basestation before continuing!
              Line: MSG,3,,,3C5EF3,,,,,,,38025,,,46.49670,7.30316,,,0,0,0,0
              [i]Removed 0 of 0 AC
              [b]disconnected
              Date and time are set and OK:

Code:
              [root@torrelay ~]# timedatectl 
                    Local time: Wed 2014-05-07 15:45:25 CEST
                Universal time: Wed 2014-05-07 13:45:25 UTC
                      RTC time: n/a
                     Time zone: Europe/Zurich (CEST, +0200)
              Last edited by sitepoint; 2014-05-07, 13:47.

Comment

• The time difference it checks is not your system time, it's not really used anyway. It is the date/time fields in your data feed.

Can you post a few lines of that?

Edit:

Sorry, I've missed the actual line. It's is a non-standard output as it does not have the timestamp included. What software are you using for decoding data?

Comment

• I'm using dump1090 (https://github.com/antirez/dump1090).

Comment

• Please download the RPI version again and give it a try, it should accept empty timestamps now.

Comment

• Not yet.

Code:
                      [e]Data feed time difference too big abs( - )=1200
                      I'll try again later. Maybe it's a Dropbox caching issue. MD5 checksum is d7ad8992548952bb38518d888199c16a.

Comment

• Should be e45a01a5eb4c8b00e0e41e070d98542a, you can try http download instead of https, maybe it will help.

Comment

• Yep, e45a01a5eb4c8b00e0e41e070d98542a is the one I have (my previous MD5 was for the unpacked file). It's still failing with this one.

Comment

• I switched to a different fork of dump1090 (https://github.com/MalcolmRobb/dump1090) which is providing timestamps. Everything's fine now

Comment

• I have been using fr24feed_arm-le_242s with my raspberry pi with no problems...
                              any benefit in switching to fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 ?????

Comment

• I think the changes only affected the signup process.

Comment

Working...
                                X