Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sitepoint View Post
    I think the changes only affected the signup process.
    Thanks... I downloaded the new one.. both seem to work the same for me..
    Thanks for the reply

Comment

• Hi All, I downloaded fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 and it has definately solve dthe problem of getting a squillion <defunct> processes on my RPi. Cool, thanks.
      Michael
      Palmerston North,
      New Zealand
      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• I was wondering if anyone had compiled and run the fr24feed on ar71xx platform?

Would it be possible to run fr24feed on routers (TL-MR3020 or TL-WR842, running OpenWRT). The dump1090 (2013-02-04) is available in snapshot/trunk, perhaps there is a way to run fr24feed on Attitude Adjustment version?
        I have several members of pljusak.com weather network interested in this.
        Last edited by Kvisko; 2014-05-19, 19:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
          Hi All, I downloaded fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 and it has definately solve dthe problem of getting a squillion <defunct> processes on my RPi. Cool, thanks.
          aah now i know why i have hundreds of <defunct> in my process list
          Feeding With dump1090 and a DVB-T stick oh i forgot: on a raspberry pi

Comment

• Curious, is there a debug option? that displays the aircraft its sending?
            I am now and often will see more active aircraft than what the feeder software says its sending, for example right now, I see 9 aircraft, but feeder reports sending only 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
              Curious, is there a debug option? that displays the aircraft its sending?
              I am now and often will see more active aircraft than what the feeder software says its sending, for example right now, I see 9 aircraft, but feeder reports sending only 6.
              Do all 9 aircraft have full information (longitude, latitude, height, etc.)

Comment

• It will only send particular aircraft if its position has been updated since the last packet was sent,, so you may have 12 ac being tracked, but it will send around 9 by average.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                  Do all 9 aircraft have full information (longitude, latitude, height, etc.)
                  absolutely, I see much more in "interactive mode" in dump1090 with mode S only, to be expected given I cover a small recreational airfield 40 k's north of the international, but I would have expected it to report all that have full data output.

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
                    It will only send particular aircraft if its position has been updated since the last packet was sent,, so you may have 12 ac being tracked, but it will send around 9 by average.
                    Ahh thank you, that explains it, short of running it through strace, is there a hidden "debug" command?

Comment

• Hi Mike,

Would it be possible to build for CentOS 5.10 please, i get this error on starting :

./fr24feed_x86_242: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by ./fr24feed_x86_242)

* I'm running Centos 5.10 x86, here's my /proc/version :
                      Linux version 2.6.18-371.6.1.el5 (mockbuild@builder17.centos.org) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-54)) #1 SMP Wed Mar 12 20:08:05 EDT 2014

* rpm -qa |grep libstdc++ gives me :
                      compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-61
                      libstdc++44-devel-4.4.7-1.el5
                      compat-libstdc++-296-2.96-138
                      libstdc++-devel-4.1.2-54.el5
                      libstdc++-4.1.2-54.el5

Thank you.
                      Regards.

Comment

• Have you tried these steps:

Comment

• Hello,

Does anyone is having problem with statistics page again (T-Feeder) with Rpi ???
                          I am using fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 with latest Dump1090 (MalcolmRob fork) and latest Rpi firmware.
                          I am using a ssh conection with Rpi and if i run the feeder in the foreground it seems to work ok. But if i send it to the background (&) , the statistics page does not seem to be updated, even when status shows "Online".

Regards,

Marcelo.

Comment

• Mine works fine.
                            It's not somthing daft like a wrong shareing key?
                            How does the detatched mode log differ from th fg log?

Comment

• Sharing key ok. The page shows that i am "online", so it is sending data.
                              I did not see any output message difference between the two situations.
                              I will grab the output for detailed evaluation and post here if i find something.

Comment

• Getting nuts here Itīs late, iīm tired and iīll give up for today.

The only message that i noticed that donīt show on log in deatched mode is:

[e][stats] Cached feed_id=XXXX for network T.

This could be an account problem too, i really donīt know.

Any ideas ????

Maybe i should stop feeding for some days and try again ....

Comment

Working...
                                X