Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
    Are those planes shown by any other radar?
    Yes.
    The fact is that when I start my radar after a while I can see planes signaled by my radar for hours.. then no planes at all from me!

Comment

• As many time said here.....that info on fr24 page is NOT RELEVANT! Only relevant info about your feed is on your premium page and radarview.
      Page CANNOT show all radars feeding one or more planes.
      There is room only for one radar.
      If it's not yours it doesn't mean you don't feed.
      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

As many time said here.....that info on fr24 page is NOT RELEVANT! Only relevant info about your feed is on your premium page and radarview.
        Thanks for the clarification.
        Is there a way to show from radarview planes reported by me? This is just the check the consistency of my data.

Comment

• Originally posted by giacomo892 View Post
          Is there a way to show from radarview planes reported by me? This is just the check the consistency of my data.
          The Premium option, RadarView, can show flights from your local receiver in a different colour. Open the Settings window to expose and configure these features.
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
            The Premium option, RadarView, can show flights from your local receiver in a different colour. Open the Settings window to expose and configure these features.
            Surely that shows the planes that your local feeder is seeing that fr24 are actually showing - the matching / colouring is done by the java running in your browser rather than any filtering, selection, or in fact anything server side.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
              Surely that shows the planes that your local feeder is seeing that fr24 are actually showing - the matching / colouring is done by the java running in your browser rather than any filtering, selection, or in fact anything server side.
              It should show all aircraft from the local receiver. It did the last time I checked. I don't have a receiver running here at this time but you can easily check for yourself if you are feeding FR24 from a receiver.
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by sesom View Post
                That is what I tried, but it doesn't work. There are some other directories in dumper-helper:

Code:
                drwxr-xr-x 2     4096 Mär 28 12:45 ClientSide
                drwxr-xr-x 4     4096 Mär 28 12:45 data
                drwxr-xr-x 3     4096 Mär 28 12:45 dump1090
                drwxr-xr-x 5     4096 Mär 28 12:45 static
                drwxr-xr-x 3     4096 Mär 28 12:45 templates
                -rw-r--r-- 1      158 Mär 28 12:45 appengine_config.py.fubar
                -rw-r--r-- 1      865 Mär 28 12:45 app.yaml
                -rw-r--r-- 1     1366 Mär 28 12:45 base.py
                -rw-r--r-- 1 17630870 Mär 28 12:45 basestation.csv
                -rw-r--r-- 1        5 Mär 28 12:45 cron.yaml
                -rw-r--r-- 1     2506 Mär 28 12:45 datastore.py
                -rw-r--r-- 1     1150 Mär 28 12:45 favicon.ico
                -rw-r--r-- 1      193 Mär 28 12:45 index.yaml
                -rw-r--r-- 1     1447 Mär 28 12:45 main.py
                -rw-r--r-- 1    28887 Mär 28 12:45 plane.py
                -rw-r--r-- 1    10729 Mär 28 12:45 planes.py
                -rw-r--r-- 1       72 Mär 28 12:45 README.md
                -rw-r--r-- 1      364 Mär 28 12:45 update_schema_handler.py
                -rw-r--r-- 1     2401 Mär 28 12:45 update_schema.py
                Where do I have to place those files?

And in config.js I think I have to configure the following setting:

Code:
                // --------------------------------------------------------
                //
                // This file is to configure the configurable settings.
                // Load this file before script.js file at gmap.html.
                //
                // --------------------------------------------------------

// -- JSON-feed -------------------------------------------
                CONST_JSON = '/dump1090/data.json'; // Default '/dump1090/data.json'

I cannot find data.json on my system. As far as I understand it, this is the data produced by dump1090, but how do I produce this file? I run dump1090 with the following parameters:

Code:
                ./dump1090  --interactive  --net  --net-beast --interactive-rows 60 --aggressive --enable-agc
                Is there something missing? I am confused, so any help is appreciated!

Dear friend

I am facing the same problem? Did u get a solution for this problem? I also downloaded Dump1090 but I cannot find 'data.json' in the directory. And do u know how to configure the config file?
                Please share

Regards

Manoj

Comment

Strangely there has been no response on this, I'll continue to run the software set I have
                  * Dump1090
                  * FR24-Feed
                  * PiAware (the feeder for the nice people at FlightAware)
                  * I did dry the PlaneFinder feeder - it worked but was very heavy on CPU an pig to install so discontinued it (built using NodeJS)

If any one wants to discard my data or requests that I cease feeding them they can!

(by the way, are there others I can feed with the simple setup?)
                  Just got my instructions from PlaneFinder for my RPi B - but if you say it eats CPU then maybe I'll hold off and feed through the windows software like I'm currently doing. Are you feeding from an RPi B or a B+. I was going to get a B+ and try it but not sure if it would help on the CPU side. I'm not convinced on this NodeJS thing either.

Does PiAware play well with Dump1090 (Malcolm Robb's fork) - I was reading that it need another piece of software sitting in between dump1090 and the PiAware software.

Thanks
                  T-EGPD7

Comment

• Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                    It should show all aircraft from the local receiver. It did the last time I checked. I don't have a receiver running here at this time but you can easily check for yourself if you are feeding FR24 from a receiver.
                    That's the point.. only from local (127.0.0.1) receiver.
                    I just want to make sure that data is feeded correctly to FR24.. shorter.. could be nice to add the possibility to see in the private feeder page the FR24 processed positions acquired by that feeder, just like the dump1090 8080 port page

Comment

• FR24 use all data received from all feeders.
                      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by manojpjoseph View Post
                        Dear friend

I am facing the same problem? Did u get a solution for this problem? I also downloaded Dump1090 but I cannot find 'data.json' in the directory. And do u know how to configure the config file?
                        Please share

Regards

Manoj
                        I'm not sure what your platform is but if you look at the pdff available from post #8 here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24

you should get some clues as to what to do.

Note: when you have downloaded and 'made' dump1050, you have to cd to the directory where the executable is before you run it for the web page to work.

Comment

As many time said here.....that info on fr24 page is NOT RELEVANT! Only relevant info about your feed is on your premium page and radarview.
                          Radarview's "localhost" - which can be changed to an IP on your network ONLY WORKS with windows feeder software, it does NOT work with linux feeder, it even clearly states this.

and as per my other post with screenshots, which premium claimed was "online" clearly not all data is used by all "online" hosts (something many have known for sometime)

Comment

• Originally posted by Angelus1971 View Post
                            Just got my instructions from PlaneFinder for my RPi B - but if you say it eats CPU then maybe I'll hold off and feed through the windows software like I'm currently doing. Are you feeding from an RPi B or a B+. I was going to get a B+ and try it but not sure if it would help on the CPU side. I'm not convinced on this NodeJS thing either.

Does PiAware play well with Dump1090 (Malcolm Robb's fork) - I was reading that it need another piece of software sitting in between dump1090 and the PiAware software.

Thanks
                            PiAware plays nicely withMalcolmRobb Dump1090.

They do have their own fork of dump1090 that presents data in a different formant on another port, if you are using dump1090 then and extra module is brought in to act as interpreter.

On my feeder dump1090 uses about 60% of CPU, fr24feed 10-15%, the flightaware feeder + support task about 4% between them.

The early planeFinder feeder needed a NodeJS environment to support it (this is a bit of a monster). NodeJS + their feeder.

If trying - I would save an image of the working SD card before installing NodeJs, etc (use the sd card imager program you used to put the Linux image on the card originally)
                            - then if you don't like it you can revert back easily.

I think FlightAware chose a great toolset (tcl?) to build thier feeder - it's certainly light on the hardware.

Comment

Will you be discontinuing the use of the dump1090 based feeder this thread uses?

Can the new feeder connect to dump1090?
                              - I found the answer to that one ...

Can the new feeder present data to other software in the same way that dump1090 does?
                              The answer probably is Why should it?

The reason I'm asking this question is - can the new feeder be used alongside other feeders, or will you force people to choose to only feed FR24, or only the other tracking companies?
                              You will be able to use it side by side. FR24Feeder will connect to dump1090 on RAW data port 30002, but it will decode the Mode-S itself. We are not planning on making any restrictions on who you share your own data on your own hardware with. In fact due to licensing issues it will require dump1090 or compatible utility to be present.

Comment

• hello i have feeded for fr24 in my pc but i buy a raspberrypi b+ but i need a tutorial to install it in my rasp. burn and put the image file in sdcard in know but the config in rasp i dont anderstand any help? please
                                fr24 LPPR11 seeder

Comment

Working...
                                X