Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterh - I must say thank you for the guide and support to the members here. Really good work and dedication

With your help, I have my Pi running smoothly and feeding to FR24. A few hiccups along the way (mainly due to syntax issues - and the odd PEBKAC error )

I get the feeling I had better results with the dongle when I had "--enable-agc" left out - letting the dongle use its own settings - maybe some other users can comment on their experiences?

Comment

• Originally posted by SAFlyer View Post
      peterh - I must say thank you for the guide and support to the members here. Really good work and dedication

With your help, I have my Pi running smoothly and feeding to FR24. A few hiccups along the way (mainly due to syntax issues - and the odd PEBKAC error )

I get the feeling I had better results with the dongle when I had "--enable-agc" left out - letting the dongle use its own settings - maybe some other users can comment on their experiences?
      Hi all: this refers to content in the thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24

Comment

• SAFlyer: where are you located, if I may ask?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
          SAFlyer: where are you located, if I may ask?

I'm your local slaapstad boytjie Herman - we met on Radarbox

Comment

• Just checking! Daar by daai plat-kop bergie..... FACT8?

Comment

• I'm still curious where "slaapstad boytjie" or "Daar by daai plat-kop bergie" is?
              google translate says
              sleepy town boytjie
              There at that flat-head bergie

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                I'm still curious where "slaapstad boytjie" or "Daar by daai plat-kop bergie" is?
                google translate says
                sleepy town boytjie
                There at that flat-head bergie
                Don't use google translate use google search for each word.

slaapstad is Cape Town http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=Slaapstad and bergie = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergie

Poul
                T-EKCH5: Raspberry Pi 4-B (Buster) + FlightAware Pro Stick Plus + FlightAware 1090MHz Bandpass Filter Dark Blue + A3-ADS-B Antenna

Comment

• Us two Souf Effricans will got you all quite confused with our local terms and names. ;-).

Comment

• Originally posted by attigliano View Post
                    Don't use google translate use google search for each word.

slaapstad is Cape Town http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=Slaapstad and bergie = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergie

Poul
                    Actually, bergie, in this context, refers to a small mountain (berg - for those who want to play with Google translate) :0 But then again I don't think Table Mountain is that small

Comment

• Originally posted by SAFlyer View Post
                      Actually, bergie, in this context, refers to a small mountain (berg - for those who want to play with Google translate) :0 But then again I don't think Table Mountain is that small
                      What's important is if you can yet your antenna on the top of eet?

Comment

• Apologies for our light banter on the thread.
                        Us folk who stay inland, always joke with those from Cape Town and their mountain. Then again, they call us Vaalies - referring to the Vaal River, the old Transvaal province, meaning "Over the Vaal(river)" (Vaal being a greyish/beige non-decrepit color.)

But as PeterHR remarked: indeed a good location to get your antenna . SAFlyer, perhaps you can shed some light on antenna locations your side

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                          What's important is if you can yet your antenna on the top of eet?
                          Jeez peterhr, I would give what to get my antenna on top of THAT little mountain!!!!

Back on topic - for some obscure reason, Planeplotter is today not showing any data from my Pi - and I've changed nothing!

Comment

• Also not getting much on there, screen a blank actually. Are you Sharer yQ or qZ?
                            .... we should/will clean up our off topic stuff, shan't we?

Comment

• Just another piece of software out the which also works on the Pi - ModeSDeco. What is also cool is that you can specify the dongle to use by selecting it's index. I have an idea of running 2 dongles on the Pi (different antennas) and then outputting to a single source

What I am really liking is that there is also a modesmixer which can combine sources and feed to a single output.
                              More info here:
                              http://www.radarspotters.eu/forum/in...c,7616.15.html

Comment

• Hi Mike,

Which language is used in the ARM/LE app version?
                                Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-10, 20:27. Reason: Post approved, Speedbird

Comment

Working...
                                X