Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLAT

Linux + receiver + mobile connection (GSM) + GPS = MLAT
    is this possible ?
    should I wait 2nd generation beast similar as FR box has ? is MLAT possible with mobile connection (GSM or LTE)

for already covered area I like to buy system that will support MLAT

for currently available systems without MLAT,
    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post18371
    from message linked above, I understand that fixed line vs. mobile connection makes no difference, timestamp for positions is given by server and thus latency is not important, only moment of upload, is this correct ?

Idea for feeder software, it is possible to set different (faster) update interval for planes below altitude 1..3000 feet and maybe compensate by increasing update interval for planes let say above 30000 feet ?

Comment

• Finally managed to make my USB dongle GNS 5890 work on my Raspberry Pi.
      I got the latest version of FR24 upload software (225), run it successfully (in the sense that it displayed messages indicating that it was uploading a/c data).
      However, I get a warning on the premium interface of fr24 and none of my received a/c are showing, although a/c will show just right on Planeplotter.

Looks like fr24 is discarding input from "old" upload software.

Any hope to get an update feeder software, or am I missing something in my setup ?

Thanks.
      Thomas - T-LFMD1.

Comment

• Hello,

I'm using dump1090 on Linux and I would like to share my data with FR24 since my airport, Catania, is not well covered, while I've visual contact between antenna and airport so my dongle can receive planes while they are landing / taking off. I tried to ask for a sharing key to FR24 team, I got a reply about downloading the latest software to get the sharing key, however I don't have Windows so I can't. How I'm supposed to get the key to share using Linux? Thanks.

Comment

• Please contact Support again and mention that you're using Linux.

Comment

• Hi

I'm now feeding via a Raspberry Pi which I can see is working, however Radarview doesn't show my feed AC when LOCAL traffic is set to the RPi ip. If I run another feeder from Windows and set Radarview LOCAL traffic to localhost then my feed AC appear? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by antirez View Post
              I'm using dump1090 on Linux ...
              ... and I bet you are using the latest version!

--
              Sanjeev

Comment

• Absolutely :-) Oh actually everybody should as there was a bug in the CPR decoding of the southern hemisphere coordinates.

Salvatore

Comment

• Hi - I have dump1090 and the linux feeder running on my RPi initially started via ssh terminals. I have now got dump1090 running on boot by adding the command to rc.local, however I cannot get the linux feed software to run this way, and at the moment still need to connect to start the program. As I'm not a linux experts has anyone managed to get the feed software working on boot?

Comment

• Originally posted by spforums View Post
                    Hi

I'm now feeding via a Raspberry Pi which I can see is working, however Radarview doesn't show my feed AC when LOCAL traffic is set to the RPi ip. If I run another feeder from Windows and set Radarview LOCAL traffic to localhost then my feed AC appear? Thanks.
                    Local traffic is only visible when running the Windows software.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorba View Post
                      Local traffic is only visible when running the Windows software.
                      Yes seems that way, oddly also Radarview won't show local traffic with 'localhost', I have to have 127.0.0.1 ip!

Comment

• I was missing something in the setup... I did not notice that I had 0 for latitude/longitude when starting the software.
                        As written a couple of posts earlier by LOWL1, I just had to use the "static" version of fr24feed.
                        So, now I can contribute to fr24 although I still get the "new update" red button on the site.

Thomas.

Comment

• Any Linux gurus out there re my post #113?

Comment

• Originally posted by spforums View Post
                            Any Linux gurus out there re my post #113?
                            Before you start the fr24 feeder check if the network is up. As a simple test add "sleep 30" after dump1090 and before fr24-feeder into your rc.local.

Comment

• Hello,

I have like that and working great:

/etc/rc.local
                              #!/bin/sh -e
                              #
                              # rc.local
                              #
                              # This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
                              # Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
                              # value on error.
                              #
                              # In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
                              # bits.
                              #
                              # By default this script does nothing.

# Print the IP address
                              _IP=$(hostname -I) || true
                              if [ "$_IP" ]; then
                              printf "My IP address is %s\n" "$_IP"
                              fi

/root/start

exit 0
                              and /root/start (remember chmod 777)
                              #!/bin/bash
                              cd /root/dump1090
                              screen -S dump1090 -d -m ./dump1090 --net-http-port 80 --metric --interactive --enable-agc --net-sbs-port 30003
                              sleep 2
                              screen -S fr24 -d -m ./fr24feed_arm-le_225 --fr24key=***************** --bs-ip=127.0.0.1 --bs-port=30003
                              In every moment I can log in to my Raspberry and look for dump1090 and fr24 app
                              just use command
                              screen -R dump1090 or screen -R fr24
                              to exit use CTRL+A+D (first A, second D, CTRL all time)

Regards
                              Radek
                              Last edited by jestemradek; 2013-02-11, 17:33.
                              T-LKPD1
                              My native language is polish.

Comment

• gidi...thanks, I had already tried that but no joy.

jestemradek...thanks, used your code but isn't working yet..checking my setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X