Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Passenger
    "As I understand it the new feeder talks directly to the dongle or receiving hardware, and feeds to FR24 only."

How to win friends and influence people. That's a nice attitude to have.

Do we get clarification on if there are other ports we can connect our other feeds to - if we went down this route, it would kill all the other feeds. Are you going to kill your older feeders by switching them off? Are you going to tell anyone? Do you even care? All this is going to do is loose you a substantial amount of data (maybe that's what you want).

"unless it has port that these other feeders connect to. "

That question was brought to their attention months ago and got ignored. So I think we've got or answer.

Ah well, its been fun. If we have a choice of multi-feeding or FR24 only then I'll be continuing multi-feeding without FR24. At least the other people I feed to appreciate the time, effort and money I put in to give them my data.

First officer
    If what is suspected, is indeed true and FR24 wants to "own" the data that comes from the dongle, without the option to feed to any other app, they can ready themselves to loose quite a lot of feeders. For instance, my data is piped out to VRS, ADSBScope and PlanePlotter locally. Each of these apps have some features I find useful that is not given by any of the other apps (like range, static tracks, max distance). So if speculation is correct, then I wont even be able to look at my own data on my own screens? Guess which "problematic" package will then get deleted ....

Captain
    Strangely there has been no response on this, I'll continue to run the software set I have
    * Dump1090
    * FR24-Feed
    * PiAware (the feeder for the nice people at FlightAware)
    * I did dry the PlaneFinder feeder - it worked but was very heavy on CPU an pig to install so discontinued it (built using NodeJS)

If any one wants to discard my data or requests that I cease feeding them they can!

(by the way, are there others I can feed with the simple setup?)

First officer
    PeterHR, there is always RadarBox24... but they might also have feeders-a-plenty in your area.

First officer
    Maybe they've made changes already, they dont apparently want my data...
    tracked over 4 minutes (yeah I forget to moved the mouse out of screenshot area lol)
    adsb1.png

adsb2.png

after several minutes it appears courtesy of YBBN1
    Last edited by Ressy; 2014-10-21 at 11:24.

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by HermanZA View Post
    PeterHR, there is always RadarBox24... but they might also have feeders-a-plenty in your area.
    Those guys only offer windows feeders last I spoke to them, admittedly, this was beginning of year, have they found a real coder now?

First officer
    LoL @ Ressy.
    No idea... but I'm sure it can change. Else push it with PlanePlotters application, if you have a Windows box available.

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by HermanZA View Post
    LoL @ Ressy.
    No idea... but I'm sure it can change. Else push it with PlanePlotters application, if you have a Windows box available.
    heh, no winblows boxes here, I enjoy linux stability on everything from phone, tablet, laptop and desktop, as well as local servers, all the adsb stuff is on a local file/DLNA server, so its 24/7 with UPS , and has plenty of grunt to spare.

at 29c p/kwhr in power costs in my state in Australia, if it only ran adsb, I'd invest in a 5 watt RPi, but since I'm already burning copious kw's, cant be bothered

Passenger
    I currently run dump1090 and the old feeder on rpi. After some hours my planes stop displaying on fr24 site despite it says ONLINE on the feeder and dump1090 in interactive mode continues to display planes.
    I've tried to run the new feeder and I still got an ONLINE status but neither one of "my planes" were displayed on FR24. What's wrong with both setups?

PS. Both old and new feeder are saying ... sending 6 planes... sending n planes... pinging server....

Quote Originally Posted by giacomo892 View Post
    I currently run dump1090 and the old feeder on rpi. After some hours my planes stop displaying on fr24 site despite it says ONLINE on the feeder and dump1090 in interactive mode continues to display planes.
    I've tried to run the new feeder and I still got an ONLINE status but neither one of "my planes" were displayed on FR24. What's wrong with both setups?

PS. Both old and new feeder are saying ... sending 6 planes... sending n planes... pinging server....
    Are those planes shown by any other radar?
    For official support use Contact Form