Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
    PeterHR,
    I tried that site, it does not like my registration. I amended it to my signature on here, I am sure you will find it hidden there
    Nope, no new registrations today

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hi Mike,

Would it be possible to release a version of the Linux Feeder software for PPC based platforms? (I am planning to use a mac-mini G4 as data-feeder)

Kind regards,

Ulrich

Comment

• Hi, i have a basic question about the feeder. when i start, is it normal that i didn't get a Latitude and Longitude?

and why i cant see my radar on the filters?

Code:
        pi@raspberrypi ~/Documents/sh_scripte/init $ ./fr24feed_arm-le_233 --fr24key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        [i]FR24Feed v233 - built on Jul  9 2013/11:18:23
        [i]Downloading configuration...OK
        [i]Parsing configuration...OK
        [c]Interval: 5s
        [c]Latitude: 0.0000...........................<-Normal?
        [c]Longitude: 0.0000...........................<-Normal?
        [c]GND: YES...........................<-Normal? and what did it mean?
        [c]NonADSB: YES...........................<-Normal? and what did it mean?
        [i]Source defined as Basestation
        [b]connecting to localhost:30003
        [n]defined 3 servers
        [n]EDQD5@83.140.21.66:8099/UDP
        [n]connecting
        [b]connected
        [b]working
        [i]Data feed time difference OK abs(10:42:19.589 - 10:42:19.592)=0
        [n]connected
        [n]switching to UDP
        [n]working
        [i]sent 8 planes in 1 packets
        i host it on a raspberry pi with dump 1090 and fr24feed_arm-le_233

EDIT: what means "[i]Removed 8 of 34 AC"? This appears every 1-4 minutes.

thank you for your help Sorry for bad english ;P im german
        Feeding With dump1090 and a DVB-T stick oh i forgot: on a raspberry pi

Comment

• 1.you should input position by yourself on startup
          2.without position...not sure you are feeding anything, so you are not on the map

read this thread, your question should be there too
          Last edited by Amper; 2014-02-04, 10:02.
          For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
            1.you should input position by yourself on startup
            2.without position...not sure you are feeding anything, so you are not on the map

read this thread, your question should be there too
            Ok thanks i read some things including the HowTo. Nobody seems to set a Location anywhere. I started the Feeder first on a Windows System with setting my Location and get the key. This key i using on my RaspberryPi. I think i forget so set location? I think i have to write a mail to fr24 support and ask them. If they didn't see any location then in found the failure. Otherwhise, can it be set by starting the feeder?

EDIT: I started the feeder on windows now with connection to dump1090 on the Raspberry and it knows my Possition. :helpless:
            Last edited by Foxconn11; 2014-02-04, 11:12.

Comment

• Please send an email to our support, they will probably contact you with me later and we can debug that case.

Comment

• Ok i will do it. Thanks!

Comment

• I am also having issues with feeder fr24feed_x86_233 ... its trying to communicate to FR24 via TCP and not via UDP. Mailed support@fr24 quite a few times, but seems nobody is home, or they are inundated with queries. Even since some maintenance was done last week on the DNS entries, this popped up. Would appreciate someone to get back to me regarding this issue.

Comment

I am also having issues with feeder fr24feed_x86_233 ... its trying to communicate to FR24 via TCP and not via UDP. Mailed support@fr24 quite a few times, but seems nobody is home, or they are inundated with queries. Even since some maintenance was done last week on the DNS entries, this popped up. Would appreciate someone to get back to me regarding this issue.
                    The worst part of this is that losing your feed actually loses coverage ... there was only one feeder where you are, this has reduced by one due to in incompatibility between the FR24 supplied feeder software and the FR24 feed server.

Comment

• FR being (in my opinion) the larger network and better than the others, but yet the level of support us mere T-feeders are getting leaves much to comment about. I'm stopping my redirected data stream from the linux box to a windows box just in order to feed with the FRfeeder app... until some human gets back to me with a response. I live in a 3rd world country where we have to deal with bad service, but com'on guys - European standards please! Surely I'm not the only person worldwide that uses the x86_233 feeder and is having this problem.

Comment

Mailed support@fr24 quite a few times, but seems nobody is home, or they are inundated with queries.
                        Unless you are using a different email address, the last message received from you to Support@FR24.com was dated 17th December to which we replied.

All messages to Support@FR24.com are acknowledged immediately with a support reference number.

Please try again quoting the acknowledgement email reference.

Comment

• I have just now REPLIED to that mail of yours dated 17/12/2013..... also from my gmail account, forwarded said mail to you. However NO support reference number forthcoming.
                          Please drop me a mail at: FAKM @ eons . co . za (omit the spaces)
                          Or please direct me to the applicable forum/thread to paste that query to you.

>nslookup fr24.com
                          Server: DNS1.LTLM.local

Non-authoritative answer:
                          Name: fr24.com
                          Address: 83.140.247.20
                          Last edited by HermanZA; 2014-02-04, 20:56.

Comment

• No email received from you.

Are you getting a bounceback?

Please send a new, "Test" message to Support@FR24.com.

Comment

• All of a sudden, got Confirmation mails on 2 of the 4 test messages sent.
                              Seems we sorted out the "digital mishap" in terms of communication. Please feel free to "clean up" the messages on this thread.
                              -- EDIT: Just make sure you got mail from me. I sent mail again, detailing the issue, and no confirmation ticket from FreshDesk. *pointing finger to a possible culprit*
                              Last edited by HermanZA; 2014-02-04, 21:52.

Comment

All of a sudden, got Confirmation mails on 2 of the 4 test messages sent.
                                I have now received four test messages from two different email addresses, all of which generated new Support references.

Comment

Working...
                                X