Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found that the DYNAMICALLY-linked ARM version does not work for me. The symptoms were no planes on fr24 and the lat/lon shown when starting the feeder was 0.0/0.0. The statically-linked version works fine. YMMV.

Comment

• The latest statically linked fr24feed_arm-le_232s version has solved my problem of the parsing configuration error. Thanks to the team.
      Michael
      Palmerston North,
      New Zealand
      ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Sorry, but I haven't the time to read all this thread. I am wanting to replace my aged windows system with an iMac.

Does this Linux software run on full Mac OS 10.8.3?

Is it easy to set up? I am using SBS-3 and basestation.

I don't want to drop my Abu Dhabi feed, and I don't want to run the windows software via parallels or the like.

Cheers
        Last edited by GraemeH; 2013-04-14, 06:37. Reason: add info

Comment

• Is anyone else having a issue with the 232 ARM to feed?

I dump the fr24 output to a file and every five minutes inject the date stamp to the log file.

The log started at Thu Apr 18 12:18:34 UTC 2013 and about an hour out it disconnects from what I am guessing in fr24.com server and after it "reconnects" nada.
          Code:
          [datestamp] Thu Apr 18 13:15:01 UTC 2013
          [i]sent 0 planes in 0 packets

***snip***

[i]sent 1 planes in 1 packets
          [i]sent 2 planes in 1 packets
          [n]pinging the server
          [n]disconnected
          [n]waiting 6 seconds
          [n]KCLT1@83.140.247.21:8099/UDP
          [n]connecting
          [n]connected
          [n]switching to UDP
          [n]working
          [datestamp] Thu Apr 18 13:20:01 UTC 2013
          [datestamp] Thu Apr 18 13:25:01 UTC 2013
          [datestamp] Thu Apr 18 13:30:01 UTC 2013
          [datestamp] Thu Apr 18 13:35:01 UTC 2013
          During that 20 minutes I was watching my dump1090 output, there were several planes during that time.
          T-KCLT1, Also the man behind the curtain working on the dump1090 webgui and the dump1090-helper project.

Comment

• I have had better results with the statically linked build of fr24feed_arm-le_232s
            That version requires you to export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20 before you run it.
            Mine has been running fine (on a RPi) since I installed it, 17 days ago.
            Hope this helps.

Comment

• I'm just getting pings, no planes being sent at all. 232s worked first time but after that nothing is going.
              Michael
              Palmerston North,
              New Zealand
              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by roofer View Post
                I have had better results with the statically linked build of fr24feed_arm-le_232s
                That version requires you to export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20 before you run it.
                Mine has been running fine (on a RPi) since I installed it, 17 days ago.
                Hope this helps.
                Yep been doing that with 225s...

Code:
                adsb@raspberrypi ~/fr24 $ cat fr24launch.sh 

#!/bin/bash
                export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20
                ./fr24feed_arm-le_225s --fr24key=sharekey --bs-ip=127.0.0.1 --bs-port=30003 | tee fr24out.log
                #./fr24feed_arm-le_232s --fr24key=sharekey --bs-ip=127.0.0.1 --bs-port=30003 | tee -a fr24out.log
                Till I figure out why 232 fails like it does, switched back to 225.
                Last edited by mindlesstux; 2013-04-19, 03:05.
                T-KCLT1, Also the man behind the curtain working on the dump1090 webgui and the dump1090-helper project.

Comment

• Hello!
                  What does mean [e] Data feed time difference too big abs ... ?
                  I'm a beginner at Linux. Maybe there's an my fault somewhere in script?

P.S. I am using latest static version 232 on Raspberry Pi.
                  Last edited by Dauren; 2013-04-22, 14:30.
                  F-UAAR1 T-UAAR3

Comment

• I just got a line 'removed 15 from 50AC' in the new version. What does that mean exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauren View Post
                      Hello!
                      What does mean [e] Data feed time difference too big abs ... ?
                      Seeing how you are using a raspberry pi, im gonna guess you are using dump1090. I noted similar lines and found that it is due to a lack of timestamps in the data that fr24 uses.

I found that a fork of dump1090 offered them and seems a little better on my pi's resources.

Also make sure your pi's datetime is current, should automatically do so on boot, but I would look into making sure the ntp service is running throughout the day to keep your system clock fairly current/accurate.

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
                      I just got a line 'removed 15 from 50AC' in the new version. What does that mean exactly?
                      Not sure either, would like someone to chime in on this one as well.

Comment

• I think it is a mistake on FR24's part, that the FR24 feeder software for linux is not "open source".

If this was the case, we would be able to understand exactly what 'removed 15 from 50AC', and problems with timestamps mean, as well as enable us to offer improvements to the FR24 feeder software.

Also, I am not really happy to run closed-source software from within my firewalled LAN. It's not that I don't trust FR24, but .....

My RPi gets its time from a cheap USB GPS dongle, and incidentally, then acts as a stratum 0 ntp server for my LAN as well as sending data to FR24. It is currently reporting local network time as accurate to within 900nS, which is good enough for my network. If I wired up a 1PPS signal from the GPS to the RPi, the accuracy would be very much better, and good enough for MLAT I think.

For discussions about the RPi, Open Source software, GPS and ntp, I think it might be better to start a new thread as "Linux-feeder-software-for-Flightradar24" really is not the place for these discussions.

Perhaps "linux, RPi and FR24"?

I'll open a new thread in a moment, and see what deveolps....

Comment

• Originally posted by mindlesstux View Post
                          Seeing how you are using a raspberry pi, im gonna guess you are using dump1090. I noted similar lines and found that it is due to a lack of timestamps in the data that fr24 uses.

I found that a fork of dump1090 offered them and seems a little better on my pi's resources.

Also make sure your pi's datetime is current, should automatically do so on boot, but I would look into making sure the ntp service is running throughout the day to keep your system clock fairly current/accurate.
                          Thank you for reply.
                          I'am using adsbox with modesbeast.
                          Yes, i had an idea that it happens because of incorrect time. But even after I've installed ntp to keep time synchronized it continues write "[e] Data feed time difference too big abs ..." but after a while it starts to send packets.
                          F-UAAR1 T-UAAR3

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt View Post
                            Willi,

Adsbox decoding is fully compatible with FR24. I use adsbox nearly a year. You can write to the author and receive the latest version (I use version from July 28).
                            Hi,

I'm trying to to use adsbox with flightradar feeder but without success. My current setup is made of a microadsb receiver, a guruplug server (ARM cpu) running Debian, adsbox (20130224) and fr24feed_arm-le-232s. I can see the planes on adsbox page and can also get the messages from telnet to port 30003, but when I try to use fr24 feeder, i got this error messages:

[e]Data feed time difference too big abs( - )=33135
                            [e]Data feed time difference too big abs( - )=32092
                            [e]Data feed time difference too big abs( - )=29725

I also find that if I ran a adbscope on another (windows) machine (using the raw client option to get the messages from adsbox) and use the windows feeder it works. Investigating further, i found that asbox doesnt insert time on the messages while adbscope do. Is there any special configuration that i should use?

Comment

• It seems that the pseudo port 30003 data stream that I am using is the cause of my Linux 232s feeder problem I alluded to in an earlier post. I've been testing some Linux decoding software and the port 30003 data seems slightly different from PlanePlotter which I used in the initial test. So it's not the feeder that is the problem it is the data. I will communicate this directly with support.
                              Michael
                              Palmerston North,
                              New Zealand
                              ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by GraemeH View Post
                                Does this Linux software run on full Mac OS 10.8.3?
                                Is it easy to set up? I am using SBS-3 and basestation.
                                Cheers
                                Hi GraemeH !

My BaseStation.exe and fr24feed_x86_225 is working on Linux using wine(wine-1.0.1-1.el5).
                                I'm using CentOS5(x86/64bit), It's so easy to install.
                                (I don't know how to install wine on Mac OS 10)
                                Why don't you try?

Open Source Software for running Windows applications on other operating systems.

This is slightly off-topic, but you can probably guess why I'm interested in this stuff. There's been discussion on the forums whether you c...

Regards!
                                shogun02
                                Last edited by shogun02; 2013-05-01, 12:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X