X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, thanks.
    Works a lot better now for DLH.
    To keep you busy:
    EZY ? RYR ? no flight numbers if 1 or 2 letters at the end..
    sorry.
    Last edited by Charky; 2010-08-06, 10:22.
    http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

Comment

We haven't made any changes in the code last weeks, but as Albin and I wrote previously, more callsigns in database would make fever mismatches.

Comment

Charky, following Ryanair flights on FR24 (especially when someone you know is on them) is challenging because Ryanair dont tend to use the flight number for callsigns. Similarly theer is no logic to their in/outbound callsigns either unlike some other operators.
        I googled this and found a really good site where a Ryanair pilot explained the whole system in use and why Ryanair doesn't use it. Check outthis excellentthread for a full explanation from one of teh horses mouths so to speak!

Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner) - Ryanair Call-signs - Can anyone shed light on the call-sign naming convention used by Ryanair. Some flights seem to use their actual flight number, whereas others use different call-signs to their flight number. Why two systems? Where separate call-signs are used from the flight

Having said this ,when i was trying to locate my sons flight recently I found radarvirtual's filter facility to be really good at filling the gap which exists in FR24. (Sorry Mike)

Comment

Mike,
          ok then I take back the thanks. Perhaps I was happy to find a lot of DLH flights with correct routes.

Dublin1
          thanks for this informative link.

But I still wonder why a lot of flights are correct at RV whereas the information is missing or wrong at FR24. I don't think they at RV have hundreds of individuals correcting every day/month the routes. There must be a better solution to help Mike (and others) doing the updates.
          In the case with DLH flights its as I told. The correct information is in the database, but in many cases the incorrect information is picked up. So it seems that the correct lookup works in one direction only.

Comment

I can only assume that RV maintains a database with a cross match of "public" flight numbers (tickets and arrivals/departure boards) to callsigns (ModeS/ATC).
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Charky View Post
              Mike,
              ok then I take back the thanks. Perhaps I was happy to find a lot of DLH flights with correct routes.

Dublin1
              thanks for this informative link.

But I still wonder why a lot of flights are correct at RV whereas the information is missing or wrong at FR24. I don't think they at RV have hundreds of individuals correcting every day/month the routes. There must be a better solution to help Mike (and others) doing the updates.
              In the case with DLH flights its as I told. The correct information is in the database, but in many cases the incorrect information is picked up. So it seems that the correct lookup works in one direction only.
              I cannot answer for RV. I can only speak for FR24. If correct callsign is in database, matching is good.

Comment

Dear Admin,
                please refer to posting #15 and you will find out that you are wrong.

Comment

Please refer to Posting #8, Albin has explained it.

Comment

Hi, admin
                    I had been a bit busy through the last days, but if you follow the stated msg #15 you will be able to follow the probs with the routings. Everything is fine with the database. Its only the search.
                    regards

Comment

Working...
                    X