Set your own home flightradar24 page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set your own home flightradar24 page

When I start up the flight radar it always starts up viewing Scandinavia, is it possible, or in the future to be able to set it for the area you want at start up? I am in the UK so at first want to look at domestic flights.

thankyou
    fliybynight

Flybynight - What platform are you using to access FR24? Yes, upon first opening FR24 it is based on Scandinavia, but once you have re-positioned and re-sized the mapping to suit, on my PCs and on my iPad2, the display re-opens on the last map set up, as previously viewed, and always has done. Do you retain cookies on your browser. If you clear these each time, that could be the reason! Curious?

Comment

As said, the last known location is used/saved in a cookie for the site so should return to last position of last moved window each time.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

This problem only occurs if your browser/computer do not accept cookies or delete cookies. Many people are suspicious to cookies, but cookies are completely harmless. Actually it's a small text file containing your settings like "lon=34.45,lat,23.18,maptype= satellite,FAA=off", so blocking or deleting this file only creates problems.

Comment

Hi all
          I do clear my cookies and history to speed up the comp. Perhaps I should manually clear and leave the FR24 pages on, so it doesn't clear those
          Last edited by flybynight; 2012-09-09, 14:56.

Comment

You can save the area to your bookmarks. Copy the Map Link from the left panel and save it to your bookmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by flybynight View Post
              Hi all
              I do clear my cookies and history to speed up the comp. Perhaps I should manually clear and leave the FR24 pages on, so it doesn't clear those
              Cleaning cookies does NOT speed up your computer or surfing. As I described earlier cookies are a very, very small text files containing basic settings, it has absolutely nothing to do with browsing speed. It's like resetting channel memory every time you turn on the TV, to speed up channel zapping. The only effect is that you have to program all channels again. The only effect of cleaning cookies, is that you have to change settings on all pages again.

Unfortunately there are a lot of myths and incompetence about cookies.

Comment

Working...
              X