No announcement yet.

New AirNav boxes installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we've exposed rgsmith as Andre Brandao, CEO of AirNav Systems, there is one question that even I can't answer.

If AirNav Systems sells (and I quote from its website).....

AirNav RadarBox, the world's best selling and most advanced Real Time Virtual Radar. Designed by Professional Pilots and the first and only ADS-B receiver with a presence in space.

...why does Brandao lurk these forums under various aliases to rubbish the competition and anyone who doesn't lick his backside?

If I were him I'd be developing my products and business model, reconciling the bank account and managing my share portfolio. To me, something doesn't add up.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Evolv5
      You forgot that we live in a Capitalistic society.
      There's no such thing as "selling too much".
      I'm well aware of that. Maybe Brandao should focus on selling his product instead of rubbishing everyone else's.

Found this helpful advice:

"One of the golden rules I have always applied to anything I do is to never criticize my competitors, here is why.

You never know what they or you will do next, they could be partners soon. I have many ex-competitors who became very close friends helping me all the time.

It is bad publicity for you, focus on the positives and improve your own product than try to criticize others. You build a bad image for yourself if you keep criticizing others.

They could buy your company. France Telecom launched in 98 a product directly competing with mine with an ad that looked like ours. Instead of criticizing I took them to lunch and a few weeks later they acquired my company.

Competition is good. Celebrate competition, it kicks your butt to deliver a better product faster. Celebrate it and just be better.

Competition grows your entire space. The more players on the market, generally the bigger the market.

Meet them. Have lunch. Exchange information. Both of you will learn. Don't reveal all your plans, but some sharing is really good.

You could work with them to grow the space. I had launched with competitors in 96 the French Chapter of the Internet Advertising Bureau. We defined format standards for banner ads, put together a book and we all got more business from sharing and working together.

Say your competitors have great products and recommend them, you will build trust.

Even if the temptation is very high when you think what you do is better, never criticize them. If you want to be extreme, you could do what Robert Scoble does, instead of pitching his product, Robert pimps his good competitors and explain what are the important criteria to make a choice. A conversation starts and his image gets reinforced by the community reactions.

That is also what Tony Hsieh the CEO of Zappos does. If you call customer service and they do not have a product in stock, they recommend you to a competing site. The result is they are happy about their experience and likely to come back to you first next time they have something to buy
      ."

Always worked for me.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Anmer, you work for SBS/Martin Lynch and Sons and you spend your days criticizing RadarBox all over the internet...

Comment

Guys

I dont think this is doing anyone any favours.

I expect some newcomers are going to be put off by the whole thing.

FYI, I have decided NOT to buy a SBS or RadarBox, instead I have ordered a radarGadgets receiver.

Robin....

Comment

Wrong again Brandao. I do not work for ML&S. If you think I do, maybe share the proof with the rest of us? Good job you don't live in the UK or you'd be in Court for libel.

And wrong again Part 2, I do not spend my days criticising RadarBox. Again, please share your proof?

But I do admit to trying to help customers of all ModeS receivers and to exposing misleading claims made by those who try to hoodwink existing and potential customers. Just so happens that AirNav does it most.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by robin View Post
              Guys

I dont think this is doing anyone any favours.
              I agree Robin. Maybe Brandao should stop making libellous allegations or place his evidence in the public domain.

But until he does I reserve the right to defend myself.

Good luck with PlaneGadget. Looks to be excellent value for money.
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

All I wanted is to get my SBS1 that I originally ordered and the Box and brochure said, with LAN Networking avail & Most of ALL Map Mode S
                Well we all know that never got going! But

Looks like we got a better one FlightRadar24! So who needs to purchase the hardware now!

What really gets me is we have to spend more money to get a LAN module.

Comment

Originally posted by 10032050 View Post
                  All I wanted is to get my SBS1 that I originally ordered and the Box and brochure said, with LAN Networking avail & Most of ALL Map Mode S
                  Well we all know that never got going!
                  Not strictly true.

My SBS-1 is ethernet enabled, I run Map Mode S (second generation) which feeds tons of data into Flightradar24, along with many other SBS-1 users.

Flightdarar24 wouldn't exist without people investing in the SBS-1 and other receivers and sharing their data.
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

agreed.

If everyone took same line there would be no coverage.

Comment

Hi Mike,
                      I got it finally working with the aid of my counterpart(controller).

must admit, Ive got to try and get my Ae. put up a lot higher.

also wanted to let you know that the Planegadgets work--BUT.!
                      youve got to buy the Planeplotter 8, as the version with the delivery
                      dosnt send data.,so one can reckon around €280 to get on line.
                      for anyone who s intenting to join in.

EDDL will be on line mostly during the day and possibly evenings
                      SORRY..! no 24/7

EDDL David
                      (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                      1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Hello Mike,

right now my PlaneGadget Radar is working fine, PP 5.4.8.2 also with port 30003.

Next week i will try to install my fanless pc (24/7) with a better place of the antenna so I hope to get planes directly from FRA starting and landing.

My radar is EDDF.

Ralph

Comment

Hi, Ralph,
                          lets see how it works.
                          I thought already about installing something near Limburg/Lahn (near to EDFY a very small airport for private planes) to bridge a bit the traffic between Frankfurt (EDDF), Köln/Düsseldorf and Hunsrück (EDFH).
                          So good luck.
                          http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

Comment

Hi everbody,

Daily I follow the SIA25(Singapore Airlines) where I usually lose him just after "Lviv".Ukraine...,
                            (Why.., I flew on this flight in 2000 to SIN)Living it allover again
                            Today I was very suprized, and could follow him 3/4 the way across the Ukraine...,

So I say Big thanks to "UKKK" for joining us., youve got a very nice range.
                            could do with someone now to cover the open air space to the Russian side...,

David
                            (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                            1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Working...
                            X