Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New AirNav boxes installed

rgsmith is Andre Brandao, CEO of AirNav Systems.

Radarspotters is an independent forum and is not run by any supplier. Brandao is always making this allegation because he can't control Radarspotters.

See May issue of RadioUser.

Last edited by Anmer; 2010-04-24 at 13:38.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Why ?
    What is wrong with it ?
    It appears to be just a list of features etc of different brands.

Thanks

Robin..
    Hi Robin

When the Check List was published Brandao emailed me to say it was full of errors. I invited him to send me his changes which I agreed to investigate. He never bothered to reply.

None of the other suppliers complained even though AirNav has some features that they didn't have.

Please bear in mind that rgsmith is Brandao.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Passenger
    Robin: Anmer is "Mike Colgan" well known for being paid by Martin Lynch and Sons (the shop that sells SBS) to promote SBS on the internet.
    He created a forum, radarspotters.eu to promote SBS where he supports the product and offers real-time access to his own computer to try to get more SBS customers.
    He is now using this forum with same purpose.

Users have even sent emails to the "Radio User" magazine complaining about this (radarspotters.eu forum being used to promote SBS but claiming it is independent on magazines).
    Of course his answer is always that he he has nothing to do with SBS. You can judge it yourself.

Go there and you will always see the same group of people talking between them frustrated with the success of other products.

In other words don't believe in what Mr Mike Colgan writes.

Flight attendant
    Not wishing to be piggy in the middle here of who is who and affiliated to whom.

rgsmith please can you tell me what you think are the errors appearing in the report.

thanks

Robin...

Quote Originally Posted by rgsmith View Post
    Robin: Anmer is "Mike Colgan" well known for being paid by Martin Lynch and Sons.
    "well known" by whom? Please substantiate, if you can? Show us your evidence?

Brandao has made these ridiculous allegations for over a year and constantly threatens us with his lawyers. I'm still waiting for them.

Now please go away and stop spoiling the hobby for Flightradar24 members.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Passenger
    Everyone now understands that Anmer / Mike Colgan works for SBS so let's stop this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    rgsmith please can you tell me what you think are the errors appearing in the report.
    Thanks Robin. I'm more than happy to correct any errors.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Flight attendant
    rgsmith

3rd time in asking, what is inaccurate in report ?

Congratulations to Mr Andre Brandao-ANRB CEO for showing the real value of his product and opinion ..Trash, and then Trash somemore, Im supprised that the MODS here have not stopped the crass rubbish from continuing..

Smudger.

Passenger
    Robin I'm sorry not to have replied before.
    That report is totally biased and developed by Anmer/Mike Colgan who as explained below works for SBS/Martin Lynch and Sons. Mike Colgan forgot (biased) to mention many features included only on the Radarox package while underlining small features that are only present on SBS.

For a comparison of both systems I would suggest you to visit a dealer and ask him directly.

Basically RadarBox is an all-in-one package where you have Network access (share your data with other users) included in the original software as well as Logs, aircraft photos, aircraft information retrieved in real-time from the internet.

Adding to all this RadarBox has now a 3D version: it is the only 3D based flight tracking application nowadays.

As copied from another website:

"What SBS vendors will never tell you?
    - SBS didn't have a single major software upgrade in 4 years - with RadarBox development never stops and new versions are released on a yearly basis;

- With SBS you have to rely on third party addons to get aircraft photos, information and maintain log files. Despite being 100% compatible with these addons RadarBox is an easy to install, all-in-one package - all these features are included and are Professionally maintained;

- AirNav Systems offers direct customer support - right from the development team to the end user - available H24 by email or using AirNav forum. SBS is not supported by Kinetic Avionics (the developers) but by its distributor (an electronics shop in London) which lacks the know-how needed for the resolution of technical problems.

- With RadarBox you can share what you receive in real-time with other users and see in real-time what they receive - all over the world - usually over 1000 flights. With SBS you simply can't do this and you only see traffic you receive (if you are in a low traffic area you will not track more than 1 or 2 flights);

- RadarBox 3D is the only existing 3D package available. SBS relies on totally outdated graphics (not a single relevant upgrade in 4 years) where aircraft labels overlap and you can't see anything without zooming in.

- RadarBox is prepared for worldwide use with an airport and navigational database valid for all the world. With SBS and if you live in an area not covered by the system you will have to browse though many non-professionally maintained internet sites to get airport data which most of the times doesn't exist.

RadarBox is Professionally maintained and developed by aviation Professionals. Pilots, controllers and software engineers.

For more information visit Waters & Stanton web site at http://www.wsplc.com (UK Phone 01702 203353)

Why change to RadarBox?
    It's the only receiver:
    - Designed by Professional Airline Pilots
    - That enables you to share/network your station with others
    - No third-party applications required. All-in-one package.
    - See local and network traffic in Real-Time
    - Continuous software updates
    - Professional email and forum support
    - Standard 3D interface included by default (RadarBox 3D)