No announcement yet.

New AirNav boxes installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is nothing more than an blatant AirNav RadarBox promotion. It's also misleading - the Standard 3D interface may be included by default but costs an extra UK £110 to enable it.

Robin asked for a list of the alleged errors in my Check List. I also asked Brandao for a list so I could make any necessary corrections. He didn't reply to me either.

Methinks there are no errors? Don't take my word for it, check what others think and see for yourself.

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

"It's also misleading - the Standard 3D interface may be included by default but costs an extra UK £110 to enable it."

Robin: that is totally false. You have two RadarBox solutions available: Pro or 3D.
      If you buy 3D then it comes with everything (3D included of course). Pro doesn't come with 3D but you can upgrade at anytime.

Please check:
      Real-time flight tracking with one of the best and most accurate ADS-B coverage worldwide. Check airport arrivals and departures status and aircraft history.

Anmer: everyone now understands that your work is to promote SBS on the internet.
      At least admit ML&S pays you for this. Please stop doing this Ok? Everyone is tired of your daily frustration posting negative comments and attacks everywhere.

Comment

Robin you have several 3D screen shots at (RadarBox Pro Screen Shots are also there):
        Real-time flight tracking with one of the best and most accurate ADS-B coverage worldwide. Check airport arrivals and departures status and aircraft history.

As per their website RadarBox support works H24 on the forum and email.
        Visit their forum at http://forum.airnavsystems.com or send them a support email to support@airnavsystems.com

Comment

Hi

For one week ago i started to get interested in flight radars. I decided too buy me one. And for this reason, i have for the past days read about these 2 different boxes in different forums and everywhere on internet. I have now bought me an SBS-1er, and the only reason for this is because AirNav want me to pay every 6 months or so for using their software. I tried to look at their internet pages for many days, but i got very confused about all the payment for different software solutions. So finally i ended on the SBS-1er. If AirNav had included free software or one time fee, (and maybe ethernet) i would have bought their model. I like what i see in their 3D software in youtube.

I think "rgsmith" also have a point when he put question about software developing when it comes to SBS.

\\ flylow

Comment

"AirNav want me to pay every 6 months or so for using their software. I tried to look at their internet pages for many days, but i got very confused about all the payment for different software solutions. So finally i ended on the SBS-1er. If AirNav had included free software or one time fee, (and maybe ethernet) i would have bought their model. I like what i see in their 3D software in youtube."

Flylow: you didn't get the correct information.
            RadarBox is a one time fee software. You only have to pay for the network subscription if you are interested in using it.
            All the rest is included with box and software which means that if you don't pay any subscription all will still work Ok (except the network).

>I think "rgsmith" also have a point when he put question about software developing when it comes to SBS.

That's the difference. RadarBox has had 3 totally free software upgrades until now while SBS in 5 years had none (no software upgrades at all).

I think "rgsmith" also have a point when he put question about software developing when it comes to SBS.

Comment

BTW you can always return your old SBS to get a discount when buying a new RadarBox.
              Please check:

Comment

Originally posted by rgsmith View Post
                Robin I'm sorry not to have replied before.
                That report is totally biased and developed by Anmer/Mike Colgan who as explained below works for SBS/Martin Lynch and Sons. Mike Colgan forgot (biased) to mention many features included only on the Radarox package while underlining small features that are only present on SBS.

For a comparison of both systems I would suggest you to visit a dealer and ask him directly.
                Would that be an ANRB dealer directly or one that stocks and supports both units ?

And many folks are still waiting for you to produce any evidence of ANMER being paid by either SBS or Martin Lynch's ??

And wait they will be cause he does not.. he is independant which is bit that narks..

I hope your company data is more accurate than your thoughts and wishes...

I see no mention yet of the AURORA 3d product ? the one that will be less money and cheaper netwoking ?

Hummmm i wonder who will be looking at the profit line then..

Smudger.
                Last edited by Smudger98; 2010-04-24, 16:06.

Comment

Hi

I have not purchased a receiver yet.
                  I have on the radarbox software running in demo mode & also planeplotter (but with no receiver bit difficult to use :-) )

The radarbox on face of it looks fancy but as a new comer it is difficult if that means better.

The option of going to any dealer is NOT an option as I live in Alicante Spain and there are no dealers within 400 miles or so.

Like flylow I not sure I like the idea of paying a subscription to network my data, also if memory serves me it is also delayed by radarbox (?)

Being where I am in Alicante I dont think any one else has a receiver in this location so it would be ideal for sharing 24/7 once I get up and running.

Again as newcomer its not just the receiver which is quite expensive in itself but the laptop which will need to be dedicated to this plus obviously an outdoor aerial to make most of plane traffic in area from potentially far north as valencia down to murcia airport if my setup is correct.

I have taken time to decide on unit to get rather than jumping in straight away, part of fun I guess.

Robin...

Comment

Originally posted by flylow View Post
                    Hi
                    I totally agree and have openly criticised Kinetic for the lack of development, both on Radarspotters and the Kinetic Forum.

Both products have strengths and weaknesses and I always recommend that prospective purchasers test drive each product before making the purchase.

AirNav has a free demo using historical data and I offer a free Try Before You Buy over on Radarspotters. I can't offer the same service for the RadarBox simply because it doesn't support ethernet.
                    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Robin: RadarBox has a free trial available at:

The direct link is:

Just download and install it. Start, click the Demo button on the right and it will show recorded traffic.
                      Visit http://forum.airnavsystems.com and ask your questions there. There are 4000 forum members now and you will get dozens of answers.

Anmer: can you post this information together with the SBS trial you offer on your forum? If yes please do it and post the link on this thread so anyone can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by rgsmith View Post
                        "AirNav want me to pay every 6 months or so for using their software. I tried to look at their internet pages for many days, but i got very confused about all the payment for different software solutions. So finally i ended on the SBS-1er. If AirNav had included free software or one time fee, (and maybe ethernet) i would have bought their model. I like what i see in their 3D software in youtube."

Flylow: you didn't get the correct information.
                        RadarBox is a one time fee software. You only have to pay for the network subscription if you are interested in using it.
                        All the rest is included with box and software which means that if you don't pay any subscription all will still work Ok (except the network).

>I think "rgsmith" also have a point when he put question about software developing when it comes to SBS.

That's the difference. RadarBox has had 3 totally free software upgrades until now while SBS in 5 years had none (no software upgrades at all).

Hi

This is what i mean:

AirNav FS Live Traffic - X Platinum - 20% Off 299.79 NOK
                        AirNav Live Flight Tracker - Platinum - 20% Off 324.79 NOK
                        AirNav FS Live Traffic - 2004 Platinum - 20% Off 274.78 NOK
                        AirNav Suite - Platinum - 20% Off 199.77 NOK
                        Bundles - Tracking Package (20% discount) 799.79 NOK
                        AirNav ACARS Decoder - Platinum - 20 % Off 174.77 NOK
                        AirNav Selcal Decoder - Platinum - 20% Off 174.77 NOK

RadarBox Network
                        Real-Time
                        Real-Time Access Semi-Annual - EUR € 59.95 per 6 months Subscribe Now
                        Monthly - EUR € 14.95 per month Subscribe Now

RadarBox Network
                        Delayed
                        (Network data delayed 5 minutes) Annual - EUR € 59.95 per year Subscribe Now
                        Monthly - EUR € 7.95 per month Subscribe Now

Upgrade
                        RadarBox to RadarBox 3D One Time - EUR €124.95 Order Upgrade Now

How the f... can anyone understand all of this...and what they need to buy...?

\\ flylow

Comment

Originally posted by robin View Post
                          Hi
                          Like flylow I not sure I like the idea of paying a subscription to network my data, also if memory serves me it is also delayed by radarbox (?)
                          Robin...
                          RadarBox offers two network options - delayed or live. The purchase includes one-year's free delayed network, thereafter €60 a year. The live network is €120 a year.

An alternative, with either the RadarBox or SBS-1, is to subscribe to the PlanePlotter network. One off registration fee of €25 and then €12 a year, free if you are an approved Ground Station regularly feeding quality data for Mlat, currently one available from PP.

Some SBS-1 customers run closed networks, such as the one I'm trialling at the moment. RadarBox isn't the only network option.
                          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Thanks

I already have downloaded demo a few days ago.

I did join several forums along with the airnavsystem one several days ago.

Comment

Is that data current and live Andre or historical and tuned for maximum display? I know that ANMER uses live feed ..
                              Smudger.

Comment

You can also use my SBS-1 from Alicante. You can play with the Basestation software for as long as you wish. It will be my local traffic rather than yours, but it will let you see how it works and how to configure the software.
                                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X