Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New AirNav boxes installed

Wink Hi Robin

Try connect me with private message button here beside
    maybe we can have a chat over telephone or mail
    there many plus and minus on both , I have 2 now (AirNav and SBS-1er)

Scanhorse , Ulf

Passenger
    Hi

I also want to buy me a box. But the big problem is to choose between SBS-1 and the Airnav. When i look at buying an Airnav i get confused because of all the options about the software (and the 6 months limitations) you can buy. Do you have to pay every 6 months or every year for the software? I do not understand what software i need.

Does this antenna fit both SBS-1 and Airnav? ( http://www.ssejim.co.uk/26-sseads1090sj.htm )

When i look at youtube, at the Airnav 3D i get very impressed. Do SBS-1 have the same..?

I understand that only the SBS-1 have (separate) ethernet connection.

Scanhorse can you try to explain what you say about the minus and plus about these 2 boxes?

\\ flylow
    Last edited by flylow; 2010-04-19 at 21:31.

Passenger
    RadarBox is by far the best receiver nowadays. Best software, all-in-one and included network. SBS was good when released 4 years ago but since then not a single software upgrade - it could be discontinued soon.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by flylow View Post
    Hi

I also want to buy me a box. But the big problem is to choose between SBS-1 and the Airnav. When i look at buying an Airnav i get confused because of all the options about the software (and the 6 months limitations) you can buy. Do you have to pay every 6 months or every year for the software? I do not understand what software i need.

Does this antenna fit both SBS-1 and Airnav? ( http://www.ssejim.co.uk/26-sseads1090sj.htm )

When i look at youtube, at the Airnav 3D i get very impressed. Do SBS-1 have the same..?

I understand that only the SBS-1 have (separate) ethernet connection.

Scanhorse can you try to explain what you say about the minus and plus about these 2 boxes?

\\ flylow
    There is a very good guide over on Radarspotters "ModeS Receiver & Software Check List" well worth checking it out.
    http://radarspotters.eu/forum/index....ic,2370.0.html
    Last edited by Hamish; 2010-04-25 at 13:02.

No doubt the folks from Kinetic would disagree whole heartedly with the ANRB CEO..

As a spotter for many years, I did end up buying the SBS package and thinks its great for what I use it for..BOTH boxes are good at what they do - however I would implore people who are thinking of buying to be sure of what you really want from the unit.
    Then check out the support comments from already paid customers on various forums eg- http://radarspotters.eu/forum/index.php - (and yes I do usually frequent that site as people will have seen me there).or the ANRB forum. (never a bad word allowed to be said)

As ever buyer beware... but enjoy the hobby what ever unit you choose.. when the planes are back..

By the way ...Nice site..

Smudger98.
    Last edited by Smudger98; 2010-04-21 at 07:11.

Flight attendant
    Thanks

I have signed up to get review.

What do most people use software wise, I did download the demo of radarbox software and another one (name escapes me at present).
    I did find radar box confusing but then I have not read the tutorial on it.
    The other one I cant use as it needs a receiver for it too work.

What I have noticed looking around at the different sites is its a shame some sort of data sharing cannot be used, I did find another website with live plane tracking info on (probably more out there) and it is noticeable that when looking at the 2 sites each have holes in the data receiver coverage.
    The other site had better coverage in spain as a whole (but none in SE where I am in Alicante).
    Not sure if this is possible to share some sort of interchange of data (or even if you want it, or possible).

Cant the receiver send data to several web sites at same time ?

thanks

Robin...

Hi Robin, From the RS site you can also request a free trial access to one of the Admins own SBS units.. bit like a try before you decide session.

HTH.

Flight attendant
    Thanks, That could be a good option.

Passenger
    Robin, the guide available on the link below was developed by RadarSpotters.eu forum which is managed by Martin Lynch and Sons, the shop that sells SBS-1.
    Don't believe in anything that is written there.

The link with the false report is available at:

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by rgsmith View Post
    Robin, the guide available on the link below was developed by RadarSpotters.eu forum which is managed by Martin Lynch and Sons, the shop that sells SBS-1.
    Don't believe in anything that is written there.

The link with the false report is available at:

Why ?
    What is wrong with it ?
    It appears to be just a list of features etc of different brands.

Thanks

Robin..
    Last edited by robin; 2010-04-24 at 13:30.