Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best "Options - I/O settings" for current fr24feed.exe

Hi all,

when I got tired of feeding as "Net1" (via method 1 here), I received the fr24feed.exe & my sharing key, yet I saw only "Basestation errors."

Somehow I figured out that under PlanePlotter's "Options" menu -> "I/O Settings" at least the "TCP/IP server" had to be enabled. Somehow google'ing for port 30003 got me there.
    What else?
    Both .log & .bin? Airmaster?
    What UDP output data options do you have checked?
    All 3 DDE output options?

Thanks for sharing your tips and tricks with a newbie feeder.

Cheers, Kai

Hi Kai.

Well what ever settings you have got now have made a big difference as can see aircraft approaching Barcelona and landing.

I have been trying to track flights into BCN so i can update the Database, your feed will make it much easier, thank you.

I have noticed that when aircraft land at BCN the altitude error also happens, i have copy and pasted it from the Map.

Airline: Vueling Airlines
    Flight: VY3781
    To: Barcelona, El Prat (BCN)
    Aircraft: Airbus A320-214 (A320)
    Reg: EC-JGM
    Altitude: 2147483647 ft (654553016 m)
    Speed: 127 kt (235 km/h, 146 mph)
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

I realize this is an old thread, but will throw this out: From what I have gathered, you really don't have to have any of the log outputs. I figure if I am not using them, they are wasting disk space and CPU time. I unchecked the UDP output options and all three off the DDE entries. Again, not using them. Every thing works fine. (You DO obviously need to turn on the TCP/IP server for FR24FEED, as you discovered).

Comment

Log outputs?

Are you talking about the FR24 feeder software or PlanePlotter?

Comment

Those are PP options, and some people find them handy to look back a few days of history (mine are deleted over 5 day rotation constantly)

But given how old the thread is. I suspect hes worked this out already
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Yes, the original poster was asking about the I/O settings page of Planeplotter. I was advising to turn off the logs until the user had a reason to use them. And I wasn't aware there were logs for the FR24 feeder software.

I just posted in case some other new user had the same question. I am a pretty new user myself and was a little bewildered by all of the settings on the I/O page, so I thought I'd offer that a lot of that (UDP, DDE, log files) can be turned off without breaking anything.

Comment

Working...
            X