FAA Traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAA Traffic

I plead ignorance! What is FAA Traffic as per the new setting today?

It will show the FAA ASDI data feed on FlightRadar24 for Premium members / Uploaders.

T-F5M = FAA ASDI Data.

Flightaware use the same FAA ASDI data for there website.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2012-07-25, 20:32.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Thanks. I was wondering why I saw no change!

Comment

FAA ASDI is now available for all FR24 users, but it's still in early beta stadium. FAA data is delayed by 5 minutes (that is why we show a different aircraft color). FAA data is also missing HEX-code, so we don't know what aircraft is flying the route.

FAA ASDI data comes from Federal Aviation Administration in USA and contains position data for most aircraft in, to, from North American airspace.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          FAA is now available for all FR24 users, but it's still in early beta stadium. FAA data is delayed by 5 minutes (that is why we show a different aircraft color). FAA data is also missing HEX-code, so we don't know what aircraft is flying the route.
          For what I can see the hex codes are there as before.

Comment

The HEX shown F018313 is not a real HEX code, but a virtual just to get the aircraft into our system that is HEX based.

Comment

The HEX shown F018313 is not a real HEX code, but a virtual just to get the aircraft into our system that is HEX based.
              roger that!

Comment

If the aircraft is picked up by a Mode-S FR24 uploader software.
                It will display the correct Mode-S HEX code for the aircraft from the FAA ASDI data.
                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                  If the aircraft is picked up by a Mode-S FR24 uploader software.
                  It will display the correct Mode-S HEX code for the aircraft from the FAA ASDI data.
                  Correct, we are matching Callsign against earlier ADS-B data to get HEX.

Comment

[question]

How much earlier ? less then 60 or 30 minutes of past ADS-B Data to be used to match FAA ASDI Data ?
                    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                      [question]

How much earlier ? less then 60 or 30 minutes of past ADS-B Data to be used to match FAA ASDI Data ?
                      I don't know exactly but I think it's a couple of hours, as flights from Europe that appears in North America after 3-4-5 hours without coverage have a HEX-code.

Comment

You can find more information about the FAA data on Facebook

Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

Comment

Matching FAA flights.

One thing I've noticed here in Canada is that the matching doesn't handle WestJet flights very well. Is it possible to fix this on FR24 or do we need to get WestJet to change their procedures? :-)

Here's an example, in the picture below FAA flight WJA508 (bottom left) is actually the realtime flight 508 just south of Hope. Same thing with flight 997 and 604 near Kelowna.
                          Screen Shot 2012-08-08 at 10.29.52 PM.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi_cam View Post
                            One thing I've noticed here in Canada is that the matching doesn't handle WestJet flights very well. Is it possible to fix this on FR24 or do we need to get WestJet to change their procedures? :-)

Here's an example, in the picture below FAA flight WJA508 (bottom left) is actually the realtime flight 508 just south of Hope. Same thing with flight 997 and 604 near Kelowna.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]1508[/ATTACH]
                            Yes, this is a known issue. Westjet is one of few airlines that omits ICAO code in their callsign. So we receive 995 from ADS-B. But we get WJA995 from FAA. Best would of course be if Westjet transmitted correct callsign, but it will never happen, so we need to handle it. This also sometimes happens on other flights, noticed VIR714R and VIR714 flying with 5 minutes difference 2 days ago. It's on our to-do list and will be sorted out.

Comment

Thanks

Yes, this is a known issue. Westjet is one of few airlines that omits ICAO code in their callsign. So we receive 995 from ADS-B. But we get WJA995 from FAA. Best would of course be if Westjet transmitted correct callsign, but it will never happen, so we need to handle it. This also sometimes happens on other flights, noticed VIR714R and VIR714 flying with 5 minutes difference 2 days ago. It's on our to-do list and will be sorted out.
                              Mike, you guys are amazing. Thanks for the quick and thorough response - I completely understand. I had noticed a Virgin flight a few weeks ago too.

The FAA traffic does add so much to the site, I look forward to all the improvements you have in the pipeline.

Keep up the amazing work.

Comment

Working...
                              X