Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: FAA Traffic

  1. #1
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    FACT
    Posts
    52

    Question FAA Traffic

    I plead ignorance! What is FAA Traffic as per the new setting today?

  2. #2
    Captain
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FR24 Feeder
    Posts
    1,232
    It will show the FAA ASDI data feed on FlightRadar24 for Premium members / Uploaders.

    T-F5M = FAA ASDI Data.

    Flightaware use the same FAA ASDI data for there website.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2012-07-25 at 20:32.

  3. #3
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    FACT
    Posts
    52
    Thanks. I was wondering why I saw no change!

  4. #4
    Team FR24 Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,111
    FAA ASDI is now available for all FR24 users, but it's still in early beta stadium. FAA data is delayed by 5 minutes (that is why we show a different aircraft color). FAA data is also missing HEX-code, so we don't know what aircraft is flying the route.

    FAA ASDI data comes from Federal Aviation Administration in USA and contains position data for most aircraft in, to, from North American airspace.

  5. #5
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Italy, next Aviano Nato AFB
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    FAA is now available for all FR24 users, but it's still in early beta stadium. FAA data is delayed by 5 minutes (that is why we show a different aircraft color). FAA data is also missing HEX-code, so we don't know what aircraft is flying the route.
    For what I can see the hex codes are there as before.

  6. #6
    Team FR24 Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,111


    The HEX shown F018313 is not a real HEX code, but a virtual just to get the aircraft into our system that is HEX based.

  7. #7
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Italy, next Aviano Nato AFB
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post


    The HEX shown F018313 is not a real HEX code, but a virtual just to get the aircraft into our system that is HEX based.
    roger that!

  8. #8
    Captain
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FR24 Feeder
    Posts
    1,232
    If the aircraft is picked up by a Mode-S FR24 uploader software.
    It will display the correct Mode-S HEX code for the aircraft from the FAA ASDI data.

  9. #9
    Team FR24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    If the aircraft is picked up by a Mode-S FR24 uploader software.
    It will display the correct Mode-S HEX code for the aircraft from the FAA ASDI data.
    Correct, we are matching Callsign against earlier ADS-B data to get HEX.

  10. #10
    Captain
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FR24 Feeder
    Posts
    1,232
    [question]

    How much earlier ? less then 60 or 30 minutes of past ADS-B Data to be used to match FAA ASDI Data ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •