This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private messaging and Visitor messaging dissabled

Private messaging and Visitor messaging have been removed because of Spammer abuse.

Sorry for the inconvienience this may cause any members.

Mike / Speedbird
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Is this permanent?
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

HANEDA TURTLE SERVIS

Sorry but you cannot Private message anymore, i have noticed the last three times you have been online.
      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

But with this rule you block to write to other members... you have no possibility to write private to a member! Very corrupt!

I have for this new rule no understanding! In other forums you can block members when you don't like to write with them...

That is a NO-GO!

Comment

There are several reasons. One problem is spammers sending links and messages to users. Another is that admin is getting lot's of messages and questions all the time, although there was a big and clear message that Admin is not reading messages. This forum is mainly a support forum for FR24 and not "chat" forum like many other forums, so I think that the messaging need is limited. We are still learning how vbulletin works, but we hope that we soon manage to get all settings and rights correct so regular users will have possibility to send PMs.

Comment

That is a good solution! Thank you!!!!

Comment

I'm new on FR24 but like many other here, I'm also a member of various forum where the PM system is available. To be unable to contact other members via PM messaging is quite annoying to say the least. I have noticed a fellow member here that I might be able to help but I simply can't because of this obstacle. I would be very grateful to FR24 is they could now reconsider this position. I understand the reasons invoked -although I do not know exactly what is a "visitor messaging"- but the fact that the Admin received too many PM should not prevent all the FR24 members to be punished in a certain way. After all it may be possible with the personnal profile to accept or not PM. And, well, when a PM box is full, it's full isn't it.
              I really hope that FR24 will reconsider its position very soon.
              Best regards and a long life to FR24
              Langelot

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                We are still learning how vbulletin works, but we hope that we soon manage to get all settings and rights correct so regular users will have possibility to send PMs.
                That, right there, explains everything.

I have 30+ years running online forums (starting with a computer BBS in 1980) and I could not, for the life of me, understand why you were blocking email and PMs.

Comment

Originally posted by KJ4VOV View Post
                  That, right there, explains everything.

I have 30+ years running online forums (starting with a computer BBS in 1980) and I could not, for the life of me, understand why you were blocking email and PMs.
                  I agree, I also have admin experience with vBulletin forums and could not understand this draconian action. I do understand the problem, what was a nice little forum of flying aficionados suddenly found itself invaded with new members because of MH370, many with no knowledge but plenty of imaginative ideas. This is where good moderation and communication becomes important, antagonising members leads to forum wars, spam, multiple postings and bad feelings all round. One has to ask what is a forum for, is it an inclusive club or a place where many can exchange information and ideas? Good forums police themselves, stupid comments get ignored by the members, so soon cease. Sometimes a stupid comment may contain a kernel of interest, if so members will pick up on it. Unless a comment is abusive, obscene or illegal it does not need heavy handed moderation, the members are intelligent enough to handle it themselves.

Comment

above all friendly to the administrators of this forum because my information provided to the database of Venezuela it has not been taken into account

Comment

Good morning greetings from Venezuela forum because their managers do not have the same criteria Venezuela does not record all aircraft are tested ICAOS

Comment

They require much

Comment

I will return the receiver

Comment

Working...
                          X