No announcement yet.

New Feeder Spotted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duncan T, I know, but I hope the new one will be cover ground traffic. Cuz UKKK3 located near Fastiv as I could discover, and no possible line of sight to ground Boryspil or Zhuliany.

Will wait a new one
    T-UKKK11

Comment

Feeder WBGG2 at Sarawak, Malaysia spotted past 7-10 days.

Coverage seems to have improved a lot recently. Now able to see traffic at South China Sea, about ?180-200nm North from the coast of Sarawak around Sibu and Bintulu. Amazing! also giving me heads up to what a/c heading toward my area! Would be good to know you WBGG2 and your setup!!
      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-01-21, 08:24.

Comment

T-YMER1 spotted recently from Merimbula on the beautiful far south coast of New South Wales in Australia. That's down north of Eden and not far from the Victorian border for anyone not familiar with Australia.

Welcome to FR24.

Regards,
        Gregg
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

T-KLSV1 : 0450 GMT 22nd Jan. Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - plenty of traffic at LAS!

T-HSSS2 Khartoum, Sudan.
          Last edited by Marc C; 2013-01-22, 04:54.

Comment

I am MER1.
            Thanks for the welcome Gregg.
            I don't have really good coverage but it might help to fill in any local black spots.
            I am using a MicroUSB receiver and a discone antenna with LMR400 coax from a multicoupler and Heliax coax from the antenna to the multicoupler.
            Mark

Comment

Hello, new here. I had no idea it was possible to be a feeder for Flightradar. I would be happy to set up a feed. I'm located in the northern rocky mountain area of the United States. I've been streaming an air traffic control feed to LiveATC.net 24-hours a day since 2005, and I'm already set up with an antenna mast on the roof of my house. I'm still doing some research to understand how this all works, but it looks fairly simple to set up. If I understand this right, I just need to get something like the Micro ADSB-USB receiver, get an antenna outside, log in and we're up and running, is that correct?
              Last edited by stealth71; 2013-01-22, 06:36. Reason: Added info

Comment

Originally posted by Farsouthscanner View Post
                I am MER1.
                Thanks for the welcome Gregg.
                I don't have really good coverage but it might help to fill in any local black spots.
                I am using a MicroUSB receiver and a discone antenna with LMR400 coax from a multicoupler and Heliax coax from the antenna to the multicoupler.
                Mark
                G'day Mark

Dont worry about not having great coverage at the moment as I dont either since my 1090SJ antenna (which Delcomp kindly brought me from Germany when he visited last year) blew down in a storm prior to Christmas. When using that one I could reach down your way but sadly no longer. I hope to have it up again soon. Coincidentally I'm running my radar off the old discone antenna and my scanner off a tuned air band antenna but with RG58 cable on both I may as well be using the proverbial string and two tin cans!

Again welcome on board and if you want to catch up on the chat I'm on most weekends and I try to get on it when I can during the week but it's a tad harder these days. Btw, I'm running T-YSSY4 up here in Sydney (and with quite a bit of competition but in all honesty the more the better).

We may have to set up a 'Aussie' thread on the forum.
                Regards,
                Gregg
                Last edited by fungus; 2013-01-22, 06:36.
                YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by stealth71 View Post
                  I'm still doing some research to understand how this all works, but it looks fairly simple to set up.
                  There's a free Guide to Radarspotting here and a full description of my SBS-1 setup as well as a Review of the microADSB on the Radarspotting forum. You'll have to join the forum to download the Guides but that's free too.

My SBS-1 Setup

microADSB Review
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                    There's a free Guide to Radarspotting here and a full description of my SBS-1 setup as well as a Review of the microADSB on the Radarspotting forum. You'll have to join the forum to download the Guides but that's free too.

My SBS-1 Setup

microADSB Review
                    radarspotting.com is a good place place to start. There's where I researched much of the info from before acquiring my kit.

The hot thing now is the RTL dongle which you also can find info about it at Mike's website and www.nzradar.com

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                      Feeder WBGG2 at Sarawak, Malaysia spotted past 7-10 days.

Coverage seems to have improved a lot recently. Now able to see traffic at South China Sea, about ?180-200nm North from the coast of Sarawak around Sibu and Bintulu. Amazing! also giving me heads up to what a/c heading toward my area! Would be good to know you WBGG2 and your setup!!

Spotted a New Feeder T-WSAP1
                      F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by fungus View Post
                        G'day Mark
                        Btw, I'm running T-YSSY4 up here in Sydney (and with quite a bit of competition but in all honesty the more the better).
                        Gregg
                        \

I have noticed T-YSSY4 before, I agree the more the better, that's what I thought when I started my feed.
                        Sounds like you have a good set up, especially when you get your proper antenna set up again.
                        Mark

Comment

• New feeder in Swakopmund, Namibia, Africa

Hello,

I just want to inform you, that F-FYSM1 is now online and covering the central west part of Namibia.

Regards from Swakopmund!
                          --
                          F-FYSM1
                          Swakopmund, Namibia

Comment

• Welcome and thanks for helping make FR24 great!
                            Coincidentally I have a family member flying through Namibia Tomorrow, although a fair ways East of you (Windhoek)
                            - Matt
                            T-YPPH2

Comment

• New feeders spotted in Australia recently;

T-YSCN2
                              Camden NSW
                              (near Sydney)

T-YTWB2
                              Toowoomba QLD
                              (west of Brisbane)

Welcome aboard

Regards,
                              gregg
                              Last edited by fungus; 2013-01-25, 03:07.

Comment

• New Feeder WARR2

at Surabaya, Java, Indonesia.

Welcome to FR24 and hope you keep the feed going!
                                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2013-01-25, 07:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X