• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    Month of November Feeder map released.

Edit: Fixed it for ya!! List to Map
    Originally posted by Kpin View Post
    Sorry, I don't see any list....
    Unfortunately, the list went on vacations and never came back.

Comment

• G'day. I'm one of the new Feeders for November. T-YBUD2

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve N View Post
        G'day. I'm one of the new Feeders for November. T-YBUD2
        You may want to registre on the map at http://imradarfeeder.com/

Comment

• I mean: Unfortunately, the actulization of the thread by FR24 went on vacations and never came back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windsurfmaniac View Post
            I mean: Unfortunately, the actulization of the thread by FR24 went on vacations and never came back.
            *nods*
            referring to that map or the map by fr24 blogs, is as useful as xxx's on a bull

Comment

• Had my receiver on for around a week now, F-CYKM1 based in Kincardine, Ontario, Canada. Latitude: 44.1641 Longitude: -81.6447

Getting around 250nm max on average with a couple 350nm hits while most of my traffic is around the 50-150nm range.

Enjoying seeing the stats each day but I wish for my own use I could actually access my own data, especially for finding out what those 350nm hits where. I'll probably upgrade and make my own base station at some point. Just found out Flightaware do their own free receiver too which surprisingly they also give premium access, and they let you share the data you get too including with FlightRadar24 so I might look in to getting one of them as well lol.

Comment

• Hello

Proudly feeding from Barranquilla - Colombia since two years ago, 350nm

F-SKBQ1
                123.JPG

Comment

• My max range28.jpg

Comment

• My feed is T-LLSD17. Been running it for 3 weeks now, using a dongle with the small antenna. I'm getting a maximum of 50nm, and average of 7nm. It's not a lot, but my location is such that I see most of the flights that enter or leave the country.
                    I've ordered a large antenna two weeks ago, but it could take a while...
                    I know that people build their own antennas. I've looked at the instructions, but I'm not a hardware person, and without the appropriate tools, I think I won't be able to make anything worthwhile :-(

I'm also running Virtual Radar Server, so I have a log of all the flights I see. I'm trying to find an elegant way to analyze the data. Currently I manually export the data to csv, import to an Access DB, and use Excel for analysis, using PivotTables.

I would love to host a FR24 box, but I don't have a 360 degree view, and I also have some buildings around me. Still I have a pretty clear view to the east (this is where I get the 50nm), but I guess it's not enough to request an FR24 box.

Comment

• bensnowclark

Hi Ben,..

Have you heard of a Program called Virtuelradar Server,..

Maybe if you download and instal it ,.. You can find some use for it..

[img]attachments/fdeaf3d51b6a0247b0525d4c74d329a0.jpg[/img]

I find it very usfull...
                      (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                      1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Map of the 2031 FR24 receivers activated in 2015

✈ Take a closer look at All of Our New Flightradar24 Receivers in 2015, learn more about flight tracking and get the latest aviation news with Flightradar24.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomasV View Post
                          My max range[ATTACH=CONFIG]6721[/ATTACH]
                          Tomas, the returns you see after the 300nm mark are just phantom signals, they are not counted and are probably reflected signals due to atmospheric conditions, I have been getting the same for the last few months now, if you look at the boot log on the FR24 box you will see that the max range is set at 350nm, anything over this or any signal that is not fully verified will be rejected, try running Virtual Radar Server and set it to map your range, you will find that it will not plot these phantom signals although you will occasionally see a plane appearing on the map at those distances, I am in the UK and have seen planes appearing over Denmark at over 360nm but not being plotted by VRS.
                          Ben.
                          Last edited by F-EGLF1; 2016-01-03, 17:27. Reason: Correcting spell checker errors
                          FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomasV View Post
                            My max range[ATTACH=CONFIG]6721[/ATTACH]
                            Your polar plot looks like the Millennium Falcon

Comment

• T-SMJP1

Since 10-dec-2015 T-SMJP1 is operational.
                              This is the 3rd feeder in Suriname for FR24 after F-SMZO1 and F-SMZO2.
                              Although the name implies the feeder is close to SMJP, ground movement at SMJP is next to none.

Range is 220 - 270 nm depending on altitude and that is (at the moment) better than F-SMZO1 and F-SMZO2
                              F-SMZO2

Comment

• F-YGGH1 Honiara, Solomon Islands

Always good to spot a new feeder on an island.

Comment

Working...
                                X