Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 app on iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FR24 now does not display any aircraft after latest update. Great ! The reason I bought the iPad and now the app doesn't work. I bet this is IOS6 upgrade which seems to break everything.

Comment

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the App?
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I have stayed on iOS5 and can confirm the Aircraft are showing.
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
          Have you tried removing and reinstalling the App?
          Yep just done that and it works. Has new map style. I thought the app auto updates did all this and I didn't have to uninstall/reinstall.

Perhaps that's why a lot of my other apps crash as well.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

It would be good to have the ten days history of the aircraft and ten days history of the flight number, it can be an in app purchase for exemple.

Comment

Wondered if you can help at all.
              Lost most of the flights on my previous download (no ryanair flights at all). So decided that something must be wrong. Paid another £1.99 to download again. Only to find a lot of town names ( Luton & Blackpool for instance) are out of place these two are near Torquay. Any explanations please.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by muscliffe View Post
                Lost most of the flights on my previous download (no ryanair flights at all). So decided that something must be wrong. Paid another £1.99 to download again. Only to find a lot of town names ( Luton & Blackpool for instance) are out of place these two are near Torquay. Any explanations please.
                Thanks
                Just want to remind
                All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

If you want to report a problem with the app make sure to write what phone/tablet you have, what version of iOS, and what version of the app you are running.

Comment

Thanks
                  It is the Flightradar24 Pro 1.4.1 on an IPAD3 32GB with an IOS5.1

Comment

Blame Apple for switching from Google to TomTom as it's map provider.

Mapping software packaged with Apple's new mobile operating system has been heavily criticised by users on social media.

There is no need to pay for an App again as long as you use the same account to download it.
                    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Thanks
                      First issue, you can only select to just show flights from one airline, but not remove an airline. Second issue, you never pay twice for the same app or in-app-purchase if you use the same apple account. Regarding the town names i have some problems understanding what the problem is. Could you post a screenshot?

Comment

Mike, Apple moving to TomTom as the map provider is a well documented problem where TomTom maps have accentuated town names.

Luton is a good example. It's a very small village in Devon. On Google it doesn't appear on the map unless you zoom right it. But on Apple's TomTom map it appears as a major town to the south of Exeter.
                        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                          Mike, Apple moving to TomTom as the map provider is a well documented problem where TomTom maps have accentuated town names.

Luton is a good example. It's a very small village in Devon. On Google it doesn't appear on the map unless you zoom right it. But on Apple's TomTom map it appears as a major town to the south of Exeter.
                          Muscliffe wrote iOS5.1. But maybe it was wrong?

Comment

Hi,

How do I set up an alert with just call sign as a condition?

iPad 2 - 3G - iOS 6

Comment

Why has the quality of the satellite images dropped so much. They used to be straight from Google Earth and were excellent, but now they are very poor, some tiles even being in black & white!!!! I assume it's a licensing issue with Google Earth?

Comment

In which geographical areas are you seeing black and white tiles?

Looking at my own location, the satellite image on the iOS isn't from Google but Microsoft. Most likely reflecting Apple's choice of provider?
                                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X