No announcement yet.

best antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well i have tested a few of things and the best was, flighware prostick with cantenna.
    azul-solo.pngcantenna.png

i try the line amplifier but only lost all planes i think i need the in line power to make it work.
    inline-amp.png

i purchased an antennas that are fixed to 1090, but worked as same as cantenna.
    antena-verde.png

used to have yellow stick with filter but, blue worked better, also tested blue with filter ( i know it has already a filter, and seems to get 1-2 planes more but dont worth the invest, so just blue alone.

so, what do you recommend ? i think i just need to test the in-line amp to see if range improvees
    Last edited by AlejandroM; 2019-09-05, 14:36.

Comment

• AlejandroM:
      I dont think you will get any (or much) benefit by using the Satellite in line amp with Flightaware ProSticks as both orange & blue ones have built in amplifier, which is sufficient.

However if you want to try, you will need DC Power inserter for Satellite in-line amplifier, to be connected between DVB-T (Prostick) and Satellite Amplifier. You will also need an AC to DC adapter (AC to DC 12V ~ 18V) to feed DC to the amplifier through power inserter.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for ASKA PI-10 Power Inserter Up to 60 VDC 1 Amp 2.2 GHz Coaxial Inline Power Pass at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

If you want a good antenna, go for Flightaware 26" antenna (price $40).

With this antenna, use of the external filter (which you already have) may be necessary even with blue ProStick
      Last edited by abcd567; 2019-09-05, 17:26.

Comment

• thank you, i will check and order it. it takes almost a week to arrive.

so for now that is all =)

need to do changes in my other 2 antennas, but are in a different city but i am ready with the perfect set.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlejandroM View Post
          thank you, i will check and order it.
          What do you mean by it, power inserter OR Flightaware Antenna?

Comment

• power inserter for now, i open the two links you sent me i select ASKA (https://www.ebay.com/itm/221457117112) is the same brand as the line amplifier. i am just lookin for the AC to DC adapter to make it work.

i also purchased this one but has not arrived yet.

Get the best deals on Unbranded Semiconductors & Electronic Components when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices.

also i saw this ones in amazon, i think are the same as line amplifier

Comment

• Make sure you're getting the right connector for this antenna at your cable. Otherwise you need adapters which always impact gain.

I am using a similar one:

Aren't you using the blue Flightaware stick? Then i have doubts if an additional amp will improve something

Comment

• yes i am using the blue stick, sorry for delay answering.

i just notice my cantenna works as good as the green antenna i show you, BUT... the cheap green antenna show more (with positions) 3-4 in relative to cantenna..

so i left one and one, in the same city.

they get diff planes, at the time of the screen shot it seems to be the same,

CANTENNA
                cantenna.png

GREEN ANTENNA
                green-antenna.png

Comment

• You should use/show the graphs. The number of messages is here the interesting part for both

Comment

• i installed all by myself, then i saw the post, so i dont know yet how to install only graphs.

i will take a look again to this post
                    . Last update: March 08, 2022 NOTE: (1) Do NOT install the dump1090-mutability on Pi24 img and Piaware img. Both these images already have their integral dump1090. (2) TO HAVE A TROUBLE FREE INSTALLATION, IT IS REQUIRED TO MAKE A FRESH INSTALL, AS SHOWN BELOW: (a) Format microSD Card (b) Write Raspbian Image. (c) Install

Comment

• Those graphs Alejandro: https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...1090-et-cetera

I always recommend that people switch over to the more current dump1090-fa as well, using the bundle listed in the thread linked above.

Comment

• Im not too sure if that was posted here but Im finding very useful antenna calculators on that web site. Looks like the owner of this website was(is) involved in 1090Mhz aswell
                        https://jeroen.steeman.org/Antenna/A...gn-Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by matysldn View Post
                          Im not too sure if that was posted here but Im finding very useful antenna calculators on that web site. Looks like the owner of this website was(is) involved in 1090Mhz aswell
                          https://jeroen.steeman.org/Antenna/A...gn-Calculators
                          Nice looking drawings & designs.

Have you built any of these? How was the performance?

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                            Nice looking drawings & designs.

Have you built any of these? How was the performance?
                            abcd567
                            At the moment I built my hardware and software based on your posts. This is how it looks like:
                            Picture no: 1 - Antenna, dipole 68mm arm, sorry for lack of focus.
                            Picture no: 2 - RasPi case build by using cotton buds box
                            Picture no: 3 - This is where I actually live. No open sky at all, high buildings around me, only one advantage is that my apartment is 35 meters above the ground and 200 above the sea level plus lots of busy airports around.

With this configuration and location this is what I get:
                            https://www.flightradar24.com/accoun...tats/?id=24016
                            https://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/matysldn
                            Picture from my dump1090

And this is what I just build following instructions from the website. I haven't had time to test it yet.
                            Slim Jim antenna 3/4 wl
                            I will post here once i manage to install the antenna and test it.

Comment

• matysldn

Nice built.

Experimenting with different types of DIY antennas is fun.

I also live in a high rise building, surrounded by other high rise buildings, and I am not allowed to install anything on roof or projecting outside the window, but that did not stop me from experimenting with DIY antennas.

Have fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                                matysldn

Nice built.

Experimenting with different types of DIY antennas is fun.

I also live in a high rise building, surrounded by other high rise buildings, and I am not allowed to install anything on roof or projecting outside the window, but that did not stop me from experimenting with DIY antennas.

Have fun.
                                Thanks. You sound like you are living in the same building as me
                                I've got 8m to the roof and there will be a great location, but no way I will get access to it and instal an antenna.
                                I'm trying to launch the second location. On the roof at my workplace but at the moment I'm facing two challenges: lack of stable internet connection (weak WiFi signal on the roof) and my boss(not a big problem )

Comment

Working...
                                X