Page 1 of 246 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 2842

Thread: best antenna

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    E yorks england
    Posts
    4

    Wink best antenna

    hi everyone my Q is could someone tell me which is the best antenna i can have for a alinco dj-x3 receiver i will be putting it on my house chimney.I am only listening for air traffic and were planes are going to and fro. so can someone help please

  2. #2
    Team FR24 Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,110
    I have tried about 15 ADS-B antennas from all around the world. And there is one antenna that is a lot better then all other antennas, it's this one: http://web1745.kostenlos-onlineshop....action=details
    You can double your coverage with this antenna compared to other ADS-B antennas.

  3. #3
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    E yorks england
    Posts
    4

    which antenna

    Thanks mike for the reply but i have seen this antenna would this be any good its a diamond-d-777 vhf/uhf 3.4db on vhf 120mhz and 5.5 db uhf 300mhz lenth of 1.7m please let know cheers

  4. #4
    First officer nzradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand (T-NZPM21)
    Posts
    273
    Hi Mike, I'd be interested to know if, within your 15 antennas, you ever tried the DPD ADS_B antenna. Given the similarities in size and performance I' wondering if the LR-1090-N will provide any improvement over my DPD.
    Michael
    Palmerston North,
    New Zealand
    ex-FR24 Feeder

  5. #5
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I have tried about 15 ADS-B antennas from all around the world. And there is one antenna that is a lot better then all other antennas, it's this one: http://web1745.kostenlos-onlineshop....action=details
    You can double your coverage with this antenna compared to other ADS-B antennas.
    Mike, the link is broken and it's now 2 1/2 years later. Is it still the best ADS-B antenna and if so, what is it ? I just want something better..

    Fuzz
    .
    .

  6. #6
    First officer 1090 MHz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    F-CYYZ2
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyjets View Post
    Mike, the link is broken and it's now 2 1/2 years later. Is it still the best ADS-B antenna and if so, what is it ? I just want something better..

    Fuzz
    .
    .
    Here is the antenna Mike sent me last year with the FR24 radio, which is most likely the best antenna they could find. http://ads-b.ca/radar-cape-apart.htm

    This antenna for it's size does a great job.

  7. #7
    Purser
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Klang,Selangor
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by 1090 MHz View Post
    Here is the antenna Mike sent me last year with the FR24 radio, which is most likely the best antenna they could find. http://ads-b.ca/radar-cape-apart.htm

    This antenna for it's size does a great job.
    U dismantled the antenna???

  8. #8
    Captain abcd567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto CYYZ
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by kucengemok View Post
    U dismantled the antenna???
    It is obvious that he dismantled, took photo & reassembled the antenna.
    This was meant purely for learning, and was not intended for any commercial gains, nor does this cause any damage to antenna.
    By doing this he did a great service to DIY antenna community: these photos are valuable guidance for DIY antenna enthusiasts.

  9. #9
    Purser DanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    118
    Gazza,
    The diamond d-777 is a VHF/UHF air band receiving antenna and should be perfect for your requirements (listening to comms as opposed to recieving ads-b)
    Dan.

    Compare all plane tracking receivers on one website.

  10. #10
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stansted
    Posts
    12
    I have a diamond d-777 and it is very good, mine is up on the roof near Stansted EGSS and I can hear a/c ot the outer marker at Heathrow EGLL

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •