Page 1 of 246 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: best antenna

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Passenger

Wink best antenna

hi everyone my Q is could someone tell me which is the best antenna i can have for a alinco dj-x3 receiver i will be putting it on my house chimney.I am only listening for air traffic and were planes are going to and fro. so can someone help please

I have tried about 15 ADS-B antennas from all around the world. And there is one antenna that is a lot better then all other antennas, it's this one: http://web1745.kostenlos-onlineshop....action=details
    You can double your coverage with this antenna compared to other ADS-B antennas.

Passenger

which antenna

Thanks mike for the reply but i have seen this antenna would this be any good its a diamond-d-777 vhf/uhf 3.4db on vhf 120mhz and 5.5 db uhf 300mhz lenth of 1.7m please let know cheers

Hi Mike, I'd be interested to know if, within your 15 antennas, you ever tried the DPD ADS_B antenna. Given the similarities in size and performance I' wondering if the LR-1090-N will provide any improvement over my DPD.
    Michael
    Palmerston North,
    New Zealand
    ex-FR24 Feeder

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I have tried about 15 ADS-B antennas from all around the world. And there is one antenna that is a lot better then all other antennas, it's this one: http://web1745.kostenlos-onlineshop....action=details
    You can double your coverage with this antenna compared to other ADS-B antennas.
    Mike, the link is broken and it's now 2 1/2 years later. Is it still the best ADS-B antenna and if so, what is it ? I just want something better..

Fuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyjets View Post
    Mike, the link is broken and it's now 2 1/2 years later. Is it still the best ADS-B antenna and if so, what is it ? I just want something better..

Fuzz
    Here is the antenna Mike sent me last year with the FR24 radio, which is most likely the best antenna they could find. http://ads-b.ca/radar-cape-apart.htm

This antenna for it's size does a great job.

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by 1090 MHz View Post
    Here is the antenna Mike sent me last year with the FR24 radio, which is most likely the best antenna they could find. http://ads-b.ca/radar-cape-apart.htm

This antenna for it's size does a great job.
    U dismantled the antenna???

Quote Originally Posted by kucengemok View Post
    U dismantled the antenna???
    It is obvious that he dismantled, took photo & reassembled the antenna.
    This was meant purely for learning, and was not intended for any commercial gains, nor does this cause any damage to antenna.
    By doing this he did a great service to DIY antenna community: these photos are valuable guidance for DIY antenna enthusiasts.

Gazza,
    The diamond d-777 is a VHF/UHF air band receiving antenna and should be perfect for your requirements (listening to comms as opposed to recieving ads-b)
    Dan.

Compare all plane tracking receivers on one website.

Passenger
    I have a diamond d-777 and it is very good, mine is up on the roof near Stansted EGSS and I can hear a/c ot the outer marker at Heathrow EGLL