Page 150 of 283 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2824

Thread: best antenna

Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    .........I'd probably not do (3) since it has an extra thing that will reduce signal (don't know if every connector = 2db loss rule applies)...........
    "Cheers from Norway" sent this link:
    http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...r-adapter-loss

Purser
    Hi abcd,
    In post #1416 above I think I've found a mistake. Alongside the 2 phasing stubs you have a measurement of 28mm. I think it should be 18mm. As it is raining here today I thought I'd have a go at building a couple more antennas and went back to the copper tube drawing you made.

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    Hi abcd,
    In post #1416 above I think I've found a mistake. Alongside the 2 phasing stubs you have a measurement of 28mm. I think it should be 18mm. As it is raining here today I thought I'd have a go at building a couple more antennas and went back to the copper tube drawing you made.
    Thanks for correction. Yes it is a mistake. It should be 18 mm (16/2 mm + 5 mm + 10/2 mm). I will correct the drawing shortly.

The "cantenna" is a DC open circuit, so adding an amplifier needs NO blocking unit at the feedpoint !!!!

As for waterproofing, Id slice a pop bottle in half and invert it over the lot... leaving the bottom open (as any attempts to seal it would result in condensation corroding things)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    The "cantenna" is a DC open circuit, so adding an amplifier needs NO blocking unit at the feedpoint !!!!
    That is absolutely correct, but since member 747-8F who originally made his setup drawing already has the blocking capacitor and want to use it, I have left this as it is. However I have mentioned in Setup-3 of his drawing revised by me, that DC Blocking is optional as Cantenna does not have a short.

As for waterproofing, Id slice a pop bottle in half and invert it over the lot... leaving the bottom open (as any attempts to seal it would result in condensation corroding things)
    This is a good proposal. I have earlier mentioned that my proposal of using a plastic Jar is just a guide line and it is up to ingenuity of forum members to find variants. Peter (peterhr) has already said: "...there are 1001 ways to do this...."

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    Hi abcd,
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    Thanks for correction. Yes it is a mistake. It should be 18 mm (16/2 mm + 5 mm + 10/2 mm). I will correct the drawing shortly.
    I have just now replaced the old drawing by the corrected drawing.

Your concept put into practice..... The Genie is in the bottle now...Enjoy: )

Step 1 of 4

Step 2 of 4

Step 3 of 4

Step 4 of 4 .. THE GENIE IN THE BOTTLE
    (apply strong adhesive at the joint of two parts of the bottle)

Last edited by abcd567; 2014-08-17 at 22:55.

Passenger
    This latest design is a beauty. A compact, rugged, Canada Dry I.V. antenna. Attach a fishing line at the top, throw the line over a branch and hoist the antenna up in a tree when you're out and about.

Cheers

Captain
    Neat!

Now if a shot length of stiff plastic pipe was tightly (gled) unto the bottle neck - it would provide something that could be used to fit the assembly to a pole.

I'm not really thinking of a tower or a mast here - someone who has invested th oney for one of those won't seriously be making a cantenna, this will be for the guy to fix to the top of the TV antenna pole.

Another of 1001 ways....
    Just a concept...very easy to make, provides rain water protection, but bottle will blow away with wind unless glued to the Coke can.

Picture 1 of 2: Without water protection

Picture 2 of 2: With inverted bottle-without-neck slipped over Cantenna.