Page 28 of 285 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 2848

Thread: best antenna

  1. #271
    Captain abcd567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto CYYZ
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by 1090 MHz View Post
    Yes and there is another called RTC all in the same building @ 1350 Matheson Blvd

    AA Electronics, 1350 Matheson Blvd. Unit 8
    Sayal Electronics, 1350 Matheson Blvd. Units 3-4
    RTC Electronics, 1350 Matheson Blvd. Unit 10A

    It's a candy shop of electronics !!!

    And when your done there, if you have any money left, you can head on over to Matheson's Exotic Bar.
    LOL

    Sent from my N762 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #272
    Captain abcd567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto CYYZ
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by 1090 MHz View Post
    Yes and there is another called RTC all in the same building @ 1350 Matheson Blvd

    AA Electronics, 1350 Matheson Blvd. Unit 8
    Sayal Electronics, 1350 Matheson Blvd. Units 3-4
    RTC Electronics, 1350 Matheson Blvd. Unit 10A

    It's a candy shop of electronics !!!

    And when your done there, if you have any money left, you can head on over to Matheson's Exotic Bar.
    Nice picture of the candy mall, but the bar's picture is missing. :-)

    Sent from my N762 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #273
    First officer 1090 MHz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    F-CYYZ2
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    LOL
    Looks like the Matheson's Exotic Bar is a thing of the past. Most of these places seemed to have gone out of business ever since Canadian Immigration changed the rules and stopped issuing Exotic Dancer Work Permits.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #274
    Captain abcd567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto CYYZ
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    ....Sent using Tapatalk from my ZX81
    You are still using ZX81 !!!
    It is Sinclair's PC of early 1980's !!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX81

  5. #275
    Purser Rooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    158
    ... With the 16k ram pack!

    Sent from my ZX81

  6. #276
    Purser
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK Area
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Remove the short at the top, and replace with a 1/4 whip.... You can then remove the dc blocking cap, and associated losses...
    LOVE the recycled splitter idea, ill be stealing that! ;-)

    Nice to see homebrew projects in detail... Kudos to you.

    Any idea if the amp will run on 12vdc?
    Thanks

    Sent using Tapatalk from my ZX81
    Mine is a 12vdc system but actual output is 15vdc 200 milliamp to the amp at masthead @ 15 meters AGL. Works just fine. RG6 cable also. Was thinking about changing to RG58 but that is 50ohm cable so sticking with RG6 at 75ohm. Outside Temps been down to 17 deg (f)

  7. #277
    Captain abcd567's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto CYYZ
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by andyk1 View Post
    Mine is a 12vdc system but actual output is 15vdc 200 milliamp to the amp at masthead @ 15 meters AGL. Works just fine. RG6 cable also. Was thinking about changing to RG58 but that is 50ohm cable so sticking with RG6 at 75ohm. Outside Temps been down to 17 deg (f)
    Mine is rated at 14V DC, but when measured (with amplifier connected & working and drawing current), it is 17V DC!!! Anyway it is still within uppper 18V DC rating of the amplifier.

    Sent from my N762 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #278
    First officer 1090 MHz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    F-CYYZ2
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by abcd567 View Post
    You are still using ZX81 !!!
    It is Sinclair's PC of early 1980's !!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX81
    You can still buy them! http://www.zx81kit.com/

  9. #279
    Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dudley area, UK
    Posts
    1,410
    I have no doubt that all these little amps come from China and just have differet brand stickers put on them. I would say order from amazon in the uk, but since they seem to only want to despatch stuff costing undr a tenner as an accessory to something costing more ... get it from ebay.

    Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

  10. #280
    First officer 1090 MHz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    F-CYYZ2
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    I have no doubt that all these little amps come from China and just have differet brand stickers put on them.
    Yep... they all are made by this company: http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/sate...amplifier.html

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •