No announcement yet.

flight radar 24 (TO AIRBAND LISTENERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flight radar 24 (TO AIRBAND LISTENERS)

HI ALL I AM A AIRBAND LISTENER AND I LOVE THIS APP ON MY PHONE AND HOME PC.BUT HOW ABOUT THIS WOULD THERE BE ANY WAY OF CLICKING ON A PLANE AND IT SHOWS WHAT FREQ THE PLANE IS CURRENTLY ON SO YOU CAN SEE THE PLANE AND LIKE ME CAN LISTEN DONT KNOW HOW FLIGHTRADAR24 WOULD GO ABOUT THIS BUT I THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA YOU CAN SORT OF WORK OUT WHAT FREQ PLANES ARE ON BY THE LOCATION BUT IF THIS APP DID IT FOR YOU ALL THE BETTER CHEERS (ADAM)FROM DURHAM....

The aircraft don't transmist the frequency as part of the ADSB transmission data, nor would it be easy to work out the current working frequency as they can receive many different ones from different areas from where they area while in the air
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Don't ACARS messages include the frequency in use?

If they do, maybe the integration of decoded ACARS messages with Mode-S data could add some really exciting new features and information display?. And Kinetic's new SBS-3 decodes ACARS messages.
      Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

I've yet to see anywhere in my ACARS messages a mention of voice frequencies. However, I believe there is an ACARS message that advises when a chnage of ACARS data frequency is required but never seen one here in NZ.
        Michael
        Palmerston North,
        New Zealand
        ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

Originally posted by nzradar View Post
          I've yet to see anywhere in my ACARS messages a mention of voice frequencies.
          I was reading the Understanding ACARS book by Ed Flynn in which he mentions numerous messages containing voice frequencies in use. But the book was published in 1965 so I'm not sure if they're still current. I will try and check.
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
          X