Airport on map means what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airport on map means what?

I see lots of airport markers on the map but what exactly does this mean?
    For example that FR24 has a user feeding information from or near the airport?
    Is there a map of the coverage of the radars, not necessarily identifying the individual radar locations?

Hi
    The Airport marker is to identify it and is also clickable for more information.
    The feeders are mostly near airports but not always.
    There is no map to show coverage of individual radars.

Mike / Speedbird
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-05-14, 09:12.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

It's possible to add a new Airport on the map...

Comment

Originally posted by Dorynous View Post
        It's possible to add a new Airport on the map...
        Hi, welcome to the Forum.

You can add airports if they have a good amount of air traffic to this thread:

Mike / Speedbird
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

What infos needed for that ?

Comment

Hi Mike

Been searching for the thread to add airports, but my skills are not sufficient

Is it still live? - would love to have EKVD on the screen (it does have more traffic than EKSV and EKTS that are both on the map)

Keep up the great work
            Erik

Comment

Hi Erik,

The thread is no longer available. However, whenever you see a missing airport, feel free to email our support team at support@fr24.com so we can create a request to add the airport to database.

Please note, that in order to keep the map clean, we only add airports that have daily and regular scheduled flights.

Comment

Originally posted by Valeria View Post
                Please note, that in order to keep the map clean, we only add airports that have daily and regular scheduled flights.
                Valeria, with respect, that is not and never has been the case.

Some months ago I asked FR24 support to put an airport marker at a remote Australian airport called Ballera for a number of reasons: 1. There is a very effective FR24 feeder at the airport and has been for some years - that alone should be enough justification for a marker 2. It is served by at least one airline using smaller jets - not corporate jets but Fokker airliners 3. There are a large number of similar jet airports in Australia that all service the mining industry and have similar arrangements and airport markers. Just two of them that are marked are Moomba and Olympic Dam and they are served by the same operators as Ballera.

Why are these markers handy? Firstly because the airports remote, not usually in a town and they are very difficult to locate on the map and secondly it is convenient to have access to arrivals and departures at these places.

Could FR24 please rethink this policy?

Comment

Originally posted by Valeria View Post
                  H
                  Not sure how Swansea, EGFH, which has a pin, meets that criteria? There are others too.
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Regarding my post #8 from July last, I notice today that Ballera airport now has an airport marker! It only appears at fairly close zoom settings so I don't really know how long it has been there but I'm fine with that - the map would be pretty cluttered if all the airports appeared at once. Thank you FR24.

Comment

Working...
                    X