• Show
Clear All

That is a Mike question ,
    and as he say , its answered in the links he gave
    we also must think of the need of more feed today,
    with animated aircrafts, f.ex
    and very fast updates , compared with the old s-mode

Ulf
    http://www.airliners.net/aviation-news/ http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/?JavaScript=1&search=air
    http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EKCH
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYBh_ut-fo&feature ...düüüse Im Sauseschritt

Comment

Hi Ulf I just might be dumb.

Mike gives an excellent explanation about, what it is, that determines what radar that will show up on FR24. He also explains that SBS-1 has a cache which content is not parsed on via TCP-port 30003. So far so good. But it still doesn´t answer my question: Why, at any given time is my radar only shoving up with max three aircrafts, wherere as N-ESMS1, at any given moment is shoving some 30 aircrafts. We covers the same area with a little more in my favor. Giving Mike´s explanation my radar as well could be the one with the most aircrafts, that just doesn´t happening.
      T-EKCH1

Comment

Ok, I wrote in a post that was linked before

All 5 feeders sees BAW123 and uploads the aircraft to the server

L1 uploads at 12:34:50 and database is updated with L1 data + L1 radar code.
        L2 uploads at 12:34:51 and database is updated with L2 data + L2 radar code.
        L3 uploads at 12:34:52 and database is updated with L3 data + L3 radar code.
        L4 uploads at 12:34:53 and database is updated with L4 data + L4 radar code.
        L5 uploads at 12:34:54 and database is updated with L5 data + L5 radar code.
        But actually this is how old feeding software used to work. The new software is a bit more complicated, as it includes time stamp when data was received.
        So with new software and new database it looks like this:

L1 uploads at 12:34:50 data from 12:34:48 and database is updated with L1 data + L1 radar code.
        L2 uploads at 12:34:51 data from 12:34:49 and database is updated with L2 data + L2 radar code.
        L3 uploads at 12:34:52 data from 12:34:50 and database is updated with L3 data + L3 radar code.
        L4 uploads at 12:34:53 data from 12:34:49 and database is NOT updated with L4 data and L3 code remains (as there is already newer data in database).
        L5 uploads at 12:34:54 data from 12:34:52 and database is updated with L5 data + L5 radar code.

Which means that not latest uploaded data is used, but latest received and upload data is used.
        So I would guess that EKCH has a slower computer and/or slower internet connection (and maybe a slower receiver?) than other feeders in the area, so when data is upload it's already "old" and that is why data from others receivers is used more often.
        T- and N- receivers are handling time stamp of when data was received. Data from old software XXXX and partner feeds like F4V F5M FAX don't have correct time stamp and are always at lower priority and data from this sources is only used when no time stamp data has been available for 20-60 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          This week we have made a major change in the database, so the old software has been degraded to low priority. Old feeder software (T-OLDS) is now imported at low priority when there is no other data available.
          It is great for you, of course. But I have an old feeding software and can not use new soft. I don't know why it is not working correct and have sent many e-mails to info@fli....24.com. Have no any answers. I use adsbscope and microadsb reciever by Miro. Old software works perfect, new software does not send any data to your servers. What must I do in this case? I really want to use new feeding software.

Comment

Originally posted by Corben View Post
            It is great for you, of course. But I have an old feeding software and can not use new soft. I don't know why it is not working correct and have sent many e-mails to info@fli....24.com. Have no any answers. I use adsbscope and microadsb reciever by Miro. Old software works perfect, new software does not send any data to your servers. What must I do in this case? I really want to use new feeding software.
            What error do you get? How do you know it's not working?

Comment

Ok thank´s Mike that makes better sense.
              But I doubt that either my computer/SBS-1 or internet is too slow. Today I have made some ping tests with excelent results. A 2,80 GHz CPU/ 4GB RAM, 64 bit computer doing nothing else but uploadning a small textfile from my weather station every third second, and parsing data to you would IMHO not suffer from speedproblems. There´s somthing else I would like to mention: I have discovered that from time to time EKCH dissappears from the radar menu in FR24. Going to my premmium account I can see that I am online. I cannot say if i´m actually contributing with anything since I cannot use the filter option. I have made a screenshot compilation to illustrate what I mean.FR24_screenshot_24_08_2012.jpg. In the "Information to all FR24 feeders" I can see that I´m not the only one experiencing theese strange things. Taking in account the new timestamp model I still find with remarkable that I have dropped from having some 20 - 30 aircrafts shoving to between 0 and 3.

Regards

Kenneth EKCH
              T-EKCH1

Comment

You will only show in filter if it currently has active AC from your station on screen

IE I upload 24/7 but as stonger uploader nearby currently has all the AC onscreen at moment, I do not show in filter.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Vejrmanden View Post
                  Ok thank´s Mike that makes better sense.
                  But I doubt that either my computer/SBS-1 or internet is too slow. Today I have made some ping tests with excelent results. A 2,80 GHz CPU/ 4GB RAM, 64 bit computer doing nothing else but uploadning a small textfile from my weather station every third second, and parsing data to you would IMHO not suffer from speedproblems. There´s somthing else I would like to mention: I have discovered that from time to time EKCH dissappears from the radar menu in FR24. Going to my premmium account I can see that I am online. I cannot say if i´m actually contributing with anything since I cannot use the filter option. I have made a screenshot compilation to illustrate what I mean.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1536[/ATTACH]. In the "Information to all FR24 feeders" I can see that I´m not the only one experiencing theese strange things. Taking in account the new timestamp model I still find with remarkable that I have dropped from having some 20 - 30 aircrafts shoving to between 0 and 3.

Regards

Kenneth EKCH
                  Kenneth, I have explained exactly how the system works. As I wrote we only show latest received data. We cannot start to show older data, just to show all feeder codes. We made a new feeder software to get better accuracy of the data and get rid of the problem that aircraft jumps back, so start showing older data is not an option.

Regarding the "contributing" issue. On /premium/ we show the status of your feed, if it's working (uploading). That does not mean that your data is shown, it's just a confirmation that data is received.

The filter options only shows radar codes that are currently in web feed. It has no connection with what data we have on the sever, it's just a list of radar codes that was available in latest web data feed. So there is absolutely nothing strange about the fact that you get confirmation that upload is working but no data is shown on web page.

Part 1 is receiving data, and that is what you check on /premium/
                  Part 2 is generating a web feed with latest receiver data. That feed is created every 5 second and contains all radar codes that where available in latest web feed.

Comment

Feeder Software Problems

I've received a link to the Feeder software this morning but my internet security program (Norton) states that the exe poses a serious threat to the security of my pc and prevents the download been run. Has anyone encountered similiar problems? Is is safe? If so, how do I get around the problem?

Thanks

Comment

• Hi,
                      I'm a new user (uploading data since last week) and got the same microads receiver, and also using adsbscope 2.5 by sprut like Mr. Corben did. So I did not use the old uploader.
                      But, I'm having a strange issue with actual (I believe) feeder. Let me try to explain:
                      Adsbscope plots an aircraft and data is uploaded. It´s can be confirmed just by watching a field called "Basestation: OK [01 AC]".
                      OK, at this point every thing right.
                      So, I minimize adsbscope and feeder. After a while the aircraft is away and data upload stop, "Basestation: OK [00 AC]".
                      Everything normal at this point.
                      Now, a new aircraft is approaching. I maximize only adsbscope and the aircraft is being plotted. I maximize feeder software and no upload data and no error messages... After that, all aircraft that will be showed in adsbscope will not be uploaded by feeder.

To work around, I found a simple step to 'solve' the issue by just closing adsbscope and reopen it.

Any help to solve this issue will be appreciate.

Thanks.

Guto

Comment

• FR24feed software always uploads all the data (within 500 km from home airport) that is picked up on port 30003. The software doesn't know or make any change if the source is Basestation, Planeplotter, Adsbscope or any other software. If there is an issue that you have to restart Adsbscope there is probably a problem with Adsbscope sending data on port 30003.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nigelr View Post
                          I've received a link to the Feeder software this morning but my internet security program (Norton) states that the exe poses a serious threat to the security of my pc and prevents the download been run. Has anyone encountered similiar problems? Is is safe? If so, how do I get around the problem?

Thanks
                          I don't use Norton so I can't tell you how, but you should white list the FR24feed file, or just turn off security for that file.

Comment

• Thanks Mike!
                            I agree! I think adsbscope stop to send data on 30003 port and no message is showed about it.
                            Well, let's try take a look over the internet if someone has the same issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              What error do you get? How do you know it's not working?
                              There is no errors. It is not send any data to your server. It connects to my adsbscope 30003 port and do not send packets to your server. Old software works perfect at the same moment. I have checked it simple: close old app, start new - no data on the FR. Stop new soft, start old soft - my data is on the FR map!

Comment

• I was away when the 221 version got out.
                                I'm running the linux version of the software (fr24feed_x86_210_2.6).
                                Where can I get the update to version 221 ?
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X